watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Adidas

Started by WhiteJC, July 05, 2018, 09:40:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

WhiteJC

looking back through the archives I came across this report that I'd forgotten about...

Fulham and Adidas Extend Kit Deal Until 2023

Adidas and Fulham FC announced a new partnership taking the German football brand and the 138 year old club into the future with a long term extension.

Adidas and Fulham have a long history together, having originally partnered in 1977/78 and then again in 1997/98. The two came back together for the 2013/14 season and this extension will keep the Club in the famous three stripes up to and including the 2022/23 campaign.

After narrowly missing out on promotion last season, Fulham are continuing to invest in infrastructure to fulfil the ambition of heading back to the Premier League. Off the field objectives are in line with creating a sustainable club by being progressive, whilst respecting the values of a rich history. For adidas, the Club and their supporters represent an authentic football icon within the brand's key city of London.

The announcement of this long-term deal coincides with the re-opening of the newly refurbished and stylish Stadium Store at Craven Cottage which is situated within the Johnny Haynes Stand. The new store has incorporated design elements of the iconic stand, built in 1905, reinforcing Fulham FC's heritage and positioning as London's original football team.

Casper Stylsvig, Chief Revenue Officer of Fulham FC, said: "We have established a successful partnership with adidas over the past few years and are delighted this has now been extended. adidas is a prestigious brand which continues to demonstrate best in class qualities. We share common goals to bring success and realise our ambitions during the coming seasons, demonstrated by a mutual commitment by both parties with this long-term extension."

Gavin Thomson, Managing Director of adidas UK, said: "The extension of our partnership with Fulham FC was a simple decision for us; the Club are building on their unique history as London's original football team and are looking to the future, which we look forward to creating with them."

http://www.footballshirtculture.com/Sponsorship/fulham-adidas-extend-kit-deal-until-2023.html

...so the delay in releasing the "new" shirt has nothing to do with getting a deal with the manufacturer so I'm guessing its something to do with the shirt sponsor? or "marketing" are on their summer holidays or incompetence  (tick one of the above)

LVBPTS

i think someone mentioned it before, and i remember seeing it somewhere, that there is a renegotiation going on with the sponsor at the moment that may see us get a new one.
also, i heard something that as of 2019/2020 season, betting companies are to be banned from shirt sponsors. not sure if anyone else has heard the same?
Supporter since 2000

HobGoblin

Quote from: corbs83 on July 05, 2018, 10:02:18 AM
i think someone mentioned it before, and i remember seeing it somewhere, that there is a renegotiation going on with the sponsor at the moment that may see us get a new one.
also, i heard something that as of 2019/2020 season, betting companies are to be banned from shirt sponsors. not sure if anyone else has heard the same?

Really hope so, this betting advertising is everywhere. Far too much of it on TV and papers etc.

snarks

It was a labour proposal last year. No one has taken it up as far as I know.

Roberty

This is VERY old news

It refers to us missing out on promotion last season and the report is dated 19 October 2017
It could be better but it's real life and not a fantasy

WhiteJC

Quote from: Roberty on July 05, 2018, 10:34:28 AM
This is VERY old news

It refers to us missing out on promotion last season and the report is dated 19 October 2017

at the top of the "report" I said...

Quote from: WhiteJC on July 05, 2018, 09:40:49 AM
     looking back through the archives I came across this report that I'd forgotten about...

I didn't mean to infer this was "new"

aaronmcguigan

I don't think anyone had suggested it had anything to do with the adidas deal. They've already released new training kits and leisurewear for next season from adidas

Riverside

Quote from: HobGoblin on July 05, 2018, 10:04:41 AM

Really hope so, this betting advertising is everywhere. Far too much of it on TV and papers etc.

I hope so too as I am still wearing my Visit Florida shirts as I will not buy a betting sponsored shirt . I would happily buy an unsponsored shirt too 

LVBPTS

as far as i remember, its a Premier League rule and not a government thing. seeing as SkyBet sponsors the entire league it wasnt a legal thing. it was a premier league rule
its one i totally endorse as i have hated every gambling sponsor i have seen. on our kit or others.
visit florida was the best sponsor we have had in years in my opinion (aesthetically anyway)
Supporter since 2000

bill taylors apprentice

Fine by me.

I think any adidas kit is superior to most others, I like the look of them and believe if you have a smart & classy kit its a small part of the marginal gains that make a difference.

Granted there are other decent kit providers but for the whole ensemble only Nike compare.

LVBPTS

personal preference but id like to see an Under Armour kit for us
Supporter since 2000

WhiteJC

I've had a look at the Adidas site and assuming we're going to have a shirt based on a "standard" template its likely to be similar to one of these...

Lyle from Hangeland

I think betting houses should be allowed to be shirt sponsors. Freedom... it's wonderful.

Jonaldiniho 88

I wouldn't bet on it

Sartorial

Quote from: Riverside on July 05, 2018, 03:06:22 PM
I hope so too as I am still wearing my Visit Florida shirts as I will not buy a betting sponsored shirt . I would happily buy an unsponsored shirt too

Totally agree with you.
I don't even understand why clubs don't offer the choice of buying shirts without sponsors.

Wolf

Quote from: Sartorial on July 07, 2018, 04:25:48 PM
Quote from: Riverside on July 05, 2018, 03:06:22 PM

Totally agree with you.
I don't even understand why clubs don't offer the choice of buying shirts without sponsors.

Absolutely, I don't see why my kids weren't allowed to have a betting company yet had to advertise an American state
Hates: the Hounslow maggots

St. Andrews White

Love the Real Madrid/Bayern and AC Milan templates, would love that
The Intertoto might not exist anymore, but that doesn't matter. We'll still win it again.

aaronmcguigan

Since 2000, we've had:

-fast food joint
-2 internet providers (demon/pipex)
-3 betting companies (betfair/ marathon/grosvenor)
-E-commerce retailer
-electronics company
-foreign exchange company
-State tourism promotion

What are we missing? One big trend we haven't been part of yet, is Chinese companies putting Chinese writing on kits like Burnley, Huddersfield, Newcastle, Bournemouth palace and West Brom the last 3 years with 3 different companies as well as bodog in 2012.