watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Why do some supporters pretend that relegation is ok

Started by Andy S, July 09, 2018, 03:16:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Andy S

It's not ok by me. It's not ok by the majority of fans. It's not ok by the players and other people at the club who worked so hard and made it happen. It wasn't the last time and it isn't now.
We might not have the money of existing premier league clubs in the but we have an advantage over many clubs in that we are a London club with some of the best training facilities anywhere in football.
I know somebody has to be relegated but I see no good reason why it should be us.

fulhamben

Quote from: Andy S on July 09, 2018, 03:16:50 PM
It's not ok by me. It's not ok by the majority of fans. It's not ok by the players and other people at the club who worked so hard and made it happen. It wasn't the last time and it isn't now.
We might not have the money of existing premier league clubs in the but we have an advantage over many clubs in that we are a London club with some of the best training facilities anywhere in football.
I know somebody has to be relegated but I see no good reason why it should be us.
really? The last two years have been great. Cant believe eve that you think relegation battles are more enjoyable. And not to mention the likes of sessignion and dembele, who never would have got near our first team had we not been relegated.
CHRIS MARTIN IS SO BAD,  WE NOW PRAISE HIM FOR MAKING A RUN.

Tabby

I think Dembele would have gotten a shot, same with Sess. We were giving Dan Burn, Tankovic, Kacaniklic and more playtime in the Prem, and I don't think any of them are better than the Dembele or Sess.

fulhamben

Quote from: Tabby on July 09, 2018, 03:22:39 PM
I think Dembele would have gotten a shot, same with Sess. We were giving Dan Burn, Tankovic, Kacaniklic and more playtime in the Prem, and I don't think any of them are better than the Dembele or Sess.
not at the age of 16 we were not. No way would sess have played by now. He would have been on loan somewhere and still playing as a left back.

DevonFFC

Quote from: Andy S on July 09, 2018, 03:16:50 PM

I take it you are referring to the silly season thread.

I stated I wouldn't be angry if we didn't stay up as I the premiership is a huge jump now and unless you spend big or have a decent squad going up I think likelihood is you will struggle and potentially go down.
My other comment was that I find the championship a far more entertaining league, yes we had a very good run but the unpredictability and excitement is what I enjoy as opposed to the big 6 and who is going to outspend each other to bring in the best players.

filham

So looking forward to being in the Premiership again but concerned that there are no signs of us building a team good enough to hold our own.
Really don't want a relegation position from the beginning all the way to Christmas before we decide reinforcements are needed.

Lighthouse

No fan has said that relegation is fine. What they have probably said is that The Championship is more exciting because any team can beat any team and does. The Prem has several leagues within it. The top teams, the middle and the bottom. People who make a point of listing Leicester as an argument to the Prem being a closed shop is merely pointing out the rule. Only once has a team surprised us by winning it. That was down to the fact that all the top teams were in a transition period anyway. Very unusual and it rarely happens.

Our aim is to push into the middle league and hope to be in the top of that. At the moment we have a relegation squad but hopefully that will change.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

hovewhite

I know I did not enjoy the last 2 years of premiership football struggling to win a home game a succession of useless so called managers of i remember we won 21 games or so in the last 2seasons struggled to score and had the leakiest defense in the league.I dont expect much better to survive will be a building block laid and don't blame Slav!

fulhamben

Quote from: hovewhite on July 09, 2018, 04:13:13 PM
I know I did not enjoy the last 2 years of premiership football struggling to win a home game a succession of useless so called managers of i remember we won 21 games or so in the last 2seasons struggled to score and had the leakiest defense in the league.I dont expect much better to survive will be a building block laid and don't blame Slav!
yep it was shocking. Games without shots on target, ruiz dropping into our own third to get the ball, because sidwell and Parker were shocking. People have very short memories

hovewhite

In the words of the song,Things can only get better.(hopefully)

Sgt Fulham

People talking about the last 2 years seem to forget the 2 years prior to that. We have been very lucky the past 2 years and worked our ass off to get back in the Premier League. Pointless is we go back down with a whimper. For me the frustration of being in the Championship outweighs any excitement of it. We won't always be that much better than the rest of the league if we're in the championship, and that's where it gets draining. At least in the Premier League you're involved in the best league in the world, even if you are struggling near the bottom.

Twig

I much prefer Premiership football.  It is much higher quality with less emphasis on moronic physical football. The officials are a lot better. The away matches include fewer decrepit stadia in dire need of refurbishment. The rewards for success are higher, you can attract better quality players, you can get into Europe etc. etc.

I emphatically do not see it as ok to get relegated and I do not think the club should go back into the Prem with such a timid mindset.

hovewhite

Sgn Fulham if we win 8 matches  over the season will you be wanting slav out?!!
If you want success support another team!!

Twig

Quote from: fulhamben on July 09, 2018, 04:56:22 PM
Quote from: hovewhite on July 09, 2018, 04:13:13 PM
yep it was shocking. Games without shots on target, ruiz dropping into our own third to get the ball, because sidwell and Parker were shocking. People have very short memories

I am sorry but I don't really agree.  We also enjoyed several seasons of excellent entertainment during our run in the Prem and we only struggled because MAF began to pull back on the transfer budgets leaving us reliant on an ageing team.  When we were showing some modest ambition I, for one, was very happy with what we achieved.

Sgt Fulham

Quote from: hovewhite on July 09, 2018, 06:39:21 PM
Sgn Fulham if we win 8 matches  over the season will you be wanting slav out?!!
If you want success support another team!!

What are you on about? I think you should re-read my post. If it is sarcasm then my apologies, it's hard to tell in written form.

If we only win 8 matches then we're almost certainly relegated. I won't want Slav out necessarily. What's wrong with wanting success for my team though? We have a great location, fanbase and a very rich owner.

hovewhite

We achieved nothing apart from nearly boys.
Over the 13 years we held our own.just existed!

Sgt Fulham

Quote from: hovewhite on July 09, 2018, 06:47:06 PM
We achieved nothing apart from nearly boys.
Over the 13 years we held our own.just existed!

We had a great European campaign which we only just lost out in. What we will never lose is the memories of those games. The Juventus and Hamburg games are up there with the recent Wembley success for me. We had a few decent top-half finishes. We had some great players. Do you not remember Dembele dancing around the pitch? We had some very memorable results. 2-0 and 3-0 in consecutive seasons against Fergie's Man Utd at home. Full media exposure. A place in the best league in the world. For me beating some Championship team that happens to be good that particular season doesn't quite do the same for me.

General

It's just managing expectations - so far our summer transfer window has been non-existent and we've a month left and also lost all our loans players as well as freddo... we needed a better squad with those players in our squad.. we've now onlu got 16 first team players.

Lyle from Hangeland

Relegation is a certainty at some point. Fulham isn't a Champions League contending club. And if you aren't that, you will eventually be relegated. Everton hasn't gone down yet, but they will.

Carborundum

Well, it seems a bit defeatist contemplating relegation before a ball is kicked.  So in one sense relegation is not OK.  But the Championship was brilliant fun and more than OK. 

Much depends on ones relationship with football.  Live football is an essential part of who I am and whether Fulham are in the Premier League or not hasn't altered that.