watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

If we signed nobody in this window....

Started by Dragon, July 10, 2018, 08:48:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dragon

Would you be concerned? What would our final league position be?

Over the years I have only read this forum, however I'm becoming frustrated at the lack of signings especially considering the size of our squad and short period of time remaining. Need a bit of reassurance!

RaySmith

I'm sure the club is working behind the scenes - to sign up loanees like Mitro, Piazzon and Kalas, and to bring in new faces, besides  nailing down Cairney, Ream and hopefully Sess, to new contracts.

I expect some top reinforcements before the start of the season.

cmg

Good Lord, if we signed nobody we would certainly finish last (at best).

I can only give you reassurance in that I am certain we will sign somebody!

Who, what and when would only be a guess and yours is as good as mine.

Woolly Mammoth

I would imagine we would be everyone's whipping boys. On the other hand we may do better than expected. However, even if we never had a single injury, it would not prevent us from finishing below Cardiff, which would be inevitable relegation.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

the nutflush

aaronmcguigan

To be fair, palace lost their first 6 games and didn't score a goal, and finished comfortable. Not to say we don't need reinforcements but going on previous years, the state of some of these teams tripping over each other, sacking and swapping managers etc, take the top 6 out, maybe top 8 if you include Everton and an annual surprise team; and you're left with a very average mini league that our first XI could get plenty of results from. Obviously depth and star quality are issues, but I'm not losing hope even if it's just loanees that come in.

There was a summer in which Hull had signed nobody until the final week of the transfer window and they only underperformed due to having 3 managers including a manager who hadn't managed before, And
ownership uncertainty, but they started well at least

the nutflush

We had 6 loanees that need replacing for a start.

Twig

We would finish bottom and be a laughing stock.  I would never buy a ST again under the current ownership.

That said, I believe we will make signings just far too late.

Rambler

Plum last.
Maybe the tv revenue could go to giving fans free tickets for the rest of the season

filham

20th by a country mile.
But just say we filled the gaps with our up and coming youngsters and they performed well enough to keep us in mid table, that to my mind would be a most pleasing situation and better than spending 50 million or so in the next four weeks on other clubs rejects.

There I go dreaming again.

bill taylors apprentice

We all know we need to replace/re sign the loanee's alone before we even consider adding or improving the squad generally, so there's got to be about 7 or 8 signings in time to bed them in before the 9th of August!
Simple!

Its going to be a busy couple of weeks, or so we hope!

filham

Quote from: bill taylors apprentice on July 10, 2018, 11:31:38 AM
We all know we need to replace/re sign the loanee's alone before we even consider adding or improving the squad generally, so there's got to be about 7 or 8 signings in time to bed them in before the 9th of August!
Simple!

Its going to be a busy couple of weeks, or so we hope!
To give Jocanovic a chance of blending all of these new players into any sort of team they need to arrive within the next couple of weeks, seems unlikely. We are going to start the season with a half baked team at the best as it looks as if yet again we will bemaking panic buys on deadline day.