Main Menu

Stuart Gray Leaves

Started by ffcjohnnyf, July 10, 2018, 03:39:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ffcjohnnyf

http://www.fulhamfc.com/news/2018/july/10/stuart-gray-departs

Stuart Gray Departs
Tuesday 10 July 2018 15:00

"Fulham Football Club has today announced the departure of First Team Senior Coach Stuart Gray.

Stuart joined the Club in December 2015 and, before taking up the position of Senior Coach, he took caretaker charge of the First Team for five fixtures prior to the appointment of Slaviša Jokanović. His final game in charge was a 4-1 win at home against Rotherham United.

Stuart said: "It is with great sadness that I leave Fulham. When I started as coach in 2015, I was excited by the ambition of the Club to return to the Premier League. I am proud to have helped the Club achieve that goal and I am grateful to the Chairman and Tony Khan for the opportunity.

"I would like to thank Fulham, the players, staff and fans who have made my time here so enjoyable. Although I am disappointed to leave, I am looking forward to finding my next opportunity in football.

"I would like to wish Fulham the very best this coming season in the Premier League."

An important part of the First Team backroom staff last season which culminated in a Play-Off Final win at Wembley in May, the Club would like to thank Stuart Gray for all his hard work and service and wishes him all the very best for the future."

Did a good job for us. Seems he was sacked or let go by his reaction..... Not surprised to hear this after Parker was appointed.
VIVA EL FULHAM!

Tabby

Might not have gelled with Slav then, and his contract ran out. Hope he continues to do well in his future endeavours.

aaronmcguigan

We need more coaches, not less. Surely we can't replace the experience of Stuart with Scott Parker?

howitis

Timing seems strange but club must have put the feelers out with Parker pre pay off final and once he had agreed to take on the role looked to settle with Gray. Our defence during Grays time (apart from the last 5 months) has not been great so perhaps it was slightly inevitable. Nonetheless I wish him well going forward.

Southcoastffc

Well Parker may be many things but he sure ain't a defence coach!
The world is made up of electrons, protons, neurons, possibly muons and, definitely, morons.

Milo

Hmm I don't think he was Slavs man. Slav never seems to discuss things with Gray on the touchlines.. and indeed a coach picture after the playoff final with Slav didn't have Gray in it!

These were my observations at least?

Nero

Thought Grey was to be a Lewington move him round the club keep him out of the way and dust him off when we sack a manger,

Carborundum

On arrival Stuart Gray  was presented with a team that couldn't defend properly and lost more than they won.  He leaves a team that are play off winners.  That constitutes a job well done.  Hats off to him and I wish him success in the future.  He wouldn't be short of offers I suspect.

bill taylors apprentice

Thought this might happen when Parker arrived.

Seems a shame but Slav has his staff and he always seemed on the outside, if you are going to have a coach who's role is partly to be a link between players and management then Parker is probably a better bet

Dodgin

Good luck to him, bound to get a decent job

Fernhurst

Thank you Stuart for your 4 years service and contribution to the play off win.
Good luck on your next venture, a warm welcome awaits if you return with your next club.
The atmosphere's fresh and the debate lively.

hovewhite

Good luck Stuart thanks for 4 years.

filham

Now possible quick promotion for Parker into the role of Jocanov right hand man/head coach in waiting.

General

He said he was very sad to leave the club which suggests he didn't want to? Wonder why he left then.. club didn't want him? Slav didn't? Seems odd timing, especially as he's been at the club 4 years and we've been increasingly successful. Politics?

Beamer

Is this a sign that the club really is looking upwards with serious recruitment names mentioned and that the push to improve goes right across the spectrum in the club.

HV71

By all accounts a good man and a very sound defensive coach. He can certainly point to his time with us as a period of success - which I genuinely hope earns him the reward of a good job very soon. Thank you Stuart and good luck.

Riverside

This is why I was not elated by Parker's return .

1) I was delighted that Parker returned
2) but I feared that it meant that Stuart Gray was going to leave .

I would like to have had both

On a positive it I am sure that this is Joka's decision

On a negative Gray was the back up for Joka . Parker is not .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

VicHalomsLovechild

I thank him for his work over the last four years. I hope he finds a good position somewhere else. A casualty of the rebuild taking place I guess. There will be others unfortunately.

clarkey

aaronmcguigan

Quote from: Southcoastffc on July 10, 2018, 04:04:54 PM
Well Parker may be many things but he sure ain't a defence coach!

💪🏻💪🏻💪🏻💪🏻