watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Premier League: current goalkeepers

Started by aaronmcguigan, July 10, 2018, 10:28:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

aaronmcguigan

I know we're heading into the premier league but I'm going to own up and say I've paid little or no attention to it in the 4 years we've been out of it. I could probably name about half a dozen Southampton players whereas I could probably reel off the whole Barnsley, Ipswich and Burton squads for example.

I was looking through some premier league news and just seen that Fraser Forster is now third choice potentially at Southampton after them buying Angus Gunn. What on earth happened him? How did he go from potential England number one to a forgotten man?

Anyone got any insider knowledge? Same for Burnley, with both of them in and around the national squad  will both their keepers settle for one of them being on the bench every week? Will the normal number one take Popes place back?

And obviously , is there any chance either team will part with their keeper and should/could we take them off their hands?

In my opinion, and I've consistently said it, Betts should be number 1, but with top level competition to keep him on his toes .

Tabby

Fraser Forster turned out to not be very good. Same as Joe Hart who has fallen entirely from grace. Stekelenburg was touted as the next Van Der Sar once upon a time as well.

aaronmcguigan

Hart and Stek if I'm right will both be 3rd choice keepers ??

DevonFFC

Southampton have just added Gunn to their goalkeeping ranks from Man City

Alexis

Neil Etheridge who is an academy graduate now plays for Cardiff and has had a solid season last I heard.
Fulham 来了!