watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Did Rui's number change?

Started by Matt10, July 11, 2018, 02:52:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Matt10

Watching Crawley highlights, and it seems that his number has changed from 9 to...I think 17. Seems that most players are wearing their regular squad numbers, so this may suggest that we are bringing in the true #9...who I assume is Mitrovic.

Some snapshots of what I see, and based on what was reported in the match summary, Rui was part of the Kebano goal....

Rui on backpost for Djalo's goal

Rui about to win free kick (Ayite scores on FK)

Rui sets up Kebano (lucky deflection)

Call me crazy. I've said all along he needed a number change. Last year he didn't deserve the #9, and with his tendency for unselfish play, maybe an "undefined" number will free him up to play however he can help the team. Interesting nonetheless, and disclaimer here that I may completely way off base and think that is a 17 instead of a 9...just thought I'd bring it up because I am bored :)

wheelerdeeler

17 was his Braga number. I pointed it out in the Transfers thread after I saw it in the "first day back" training video they posted last Monday.

Matt10

Quote from: wheelerdeeler on July 11, 2018, 03:09:18 AM
17 was his Braga number. I pointed it out in the Transfers thread after I saw it in the "first day back" training video they posted last Monday.

Brilliant, so I'm not crazy. Yes, 17 was his Braga number - think it's fitting for him. Sorry I missed that post, the transfer thread moves fast :)