https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Friday Fulham Stuff (13/07/18)...

Started by WhiteJC, July 13, 2018, 07:14:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

WhiteJC

Fulham sign Seri and Le Marchand

Ivory Coast midfielder and French defender join the Cottagers from Nice

Fulham have completed their first signings of the summer transfer window with the acquisitions of Jean Michael Seri and Maxime Le Marchand from Nice.

Seri (pictured above left) is a 26-year-old Ivory Coast midfielder. He has signed a four-year deal with Fulham after moving for an undisclosed fee.

Over the last two Ligue 1 campaigns he came top for passes played and completed, with an accuracy rate of 90.4 per cent last term.

During that period he produced nine goals and 15 assists for Nice in the French top flight and was named in the 2016/17 Team of the Season.

"I'm delighted to be here, it's a new adventure that starts for me and I'm hoping it will all go well," Seri told Fulham's official website.

Le Marchand (pictured above right), 28, is a defender who can play on the left or in the middle and made 81 appearances for Nice over three seasons.

Fulham open their 2018/19 Premier League campaign at home to Crystal Palace on 11 August.

https://www.premierleague.com/news/784569

WhiteJC

Fulham sign Jean Michael Seri and Maxime Le Marchand from Nice
Highly-rated Seri has signed a four-year deal with the Cottagers

Fulham have completed the double signing of Jean Michael Seri and Maxime Le Marchand from Nice - their first additions of the summer.

The pair join the Whites as part of a combined deal worth in excess of £30m, according to Sky sources - and the highly sought-after Seri is considered somewhat of a coup.

Chelsea and Napoli were among the clubs interested in the 26-year-old, who was on the verge of joining Barcelona last summer.

But the Ivory Coast international has instead opted to join newly-promoted Fulham on a four-year deal with another year-long option, and the deal was announced on Twitter by director of football operations Tony Khan.

"It was a long day yesterday so it was great to get the move finalised," Seri told Fulham's website.

"Now, I'm ready to get started and looking forward to meeting the squad and getting to know them, the head coach and his staff better.

"I'm delighted to be here, it's a new adventure that starts for me and I'm hoping it will all go well."

Fulham vice chairman Tony Khan added: "Jean Michael arrives with Premier League qualities as well as great promise for the future, which is why he has been at the very top of our target list for a long time.

"So, this is a big day for everyone associated with Fulham and working at Motspur Park, and I trust all Fulham supporters are collectively as thrilled and ecstatic as we are that Jean Michael will be joining our squad as we return home to the Premier League."

Sky Sports News broke the news that Fulham had joined the hunt for Seri last week and also reported earlier on Thursday that centre-back Le Marchand was set to follow in a double transfer.

After also being confirmed by the Whites, the Frenchman said: "I'm very happy to sign for Fulham, this is a big club that's very popular.

"I'm also happy to have joined up with a good friend, Jean Michael Seri. I know that there is a lot of hard work ahead and I hope to bring my very best to this team."

http://www.skysports.com/football/news/11681/11434091/fulham-sign-jean-michael-seri-and-maxime-le-marchand-from-nice

WhiteJC

TO THE MAX Fulham reach agreement to sign Nice defender Maxime Le Marchand

Cottagers waste no time in adding to the acquisition of Jean Michael Seri

Fulham have reached an agreement to sign Maxime Le Marchand from Nice.

The transfer comes minutes after the announcement of Jean Michael Seri, who also joins from the Ligue 1 side.

Maxime Le Marchand in action for Nice last season.

The versatile defender can play at both centre-back and left-back and made 29 starts for the French club last term.

Speaking to Fulham's official website, he said: "I'm very happy to sign for Fulham, this is a big club that's very popular.

"I'm also happy to have joined up with a good friend, Jean Michaël Seri. I know that there is a lot of hard work ahead and I hope to bring my very best to this team."

Tony Khan added: "I'm very pleased that we've agreed to a transfer for defender Maxime Le Marchand from Nice.

"Strengthening our squad is always a priority. In that spirit, we've done a lot of work on Maxime and believe that his skills and versatility will be valuable assets. Come on Fulham!"

https://talksport.com/football/399009/fulham-sign-france-defender/

WhiteJC

Fulham complete signings of Seri and Le Marchand

Fulham have completed the signings of Jean-Michael Seri and Maxime Le Marchand from French side Nice in a deal potentially worth in excess of £30m.

Chelsea were linked with Seri, 26, but did not make an approach for the Ivory Coast midfielder, who was keen to move to the Premier League.

West London Sport recently revealed that Fulham were in for Seri, who has signed a four-year contract at Craven Cottage with the option of a further year.

"It was great to get the move finalised," Seri told Fulham's website.

"I'm delighted to be here, it's a new adventure that starts for me and I'm hoping it will all go well."

Left-back Le Marchand, 28, said: "I'm very happy to sign for Fulham, this is a big club that's very popular.

"I'm also happy to have joined up with a good friend, Jean Michael Seri.

"I know that there is a lot of hard work ahead and I hope to bring my very best to this team."

https://www.westlondonsport.com/fulham/fulham-complete-signings-of-seri-and-le-marchand

WhiteJC

Dafabet secure Premier League returners Fulham with record shirt sponsorship

July 12 – Championship play-off winners Fulham – who in doing so guaranteed themselves a £160 million three-season Premier League income stream – have capitalised further on their promotion with a club record two-year sponsorship with global betting brand Dafabet.

Dafabet will become the club's new Main Team Partner starting with the 2018/19 season with its logo the front of the shirts worn in the Premier League and the Fulham FC Women's team.

As part of the deal, Dafabet will have a package of branding around the club's Craven Cottage on matchdays as well as across social media and digital channels.

Dimitris Karatzas, CEO at Dafabet, said: "We are delighted to continue our long-lasting presence in the Premier League by partnering with a club full of heritage and tradition.

"While the relationship is in the early stages, our initial discussions with the club's officials have given me every confidence that we share the same passion for football, we're looking forward to a fruitful and successful partnership."

The Philippines-based online gaming company also sponsors Scottish champions Celtic, as well as being the official betting partner of 2015-16 Premier League champions Leicester City, and the Football Association of Wales.

John Cruces, head of sports marketing and sponsorship at Dafabet, said: "Being one of the most recognised Asian brands it was very important to us to continue to be seen in the most watched league in club football, especially seeing more new gaming brands entering football of late.

"We'll be bringing the highest level of experience to the partnership and will engage with both the club and fans, working towards common goals. It goes without saying we look forward to forming a successful relationship, roll on the new season."

Dafabet's Asian presence will similarly help Fulham's international fan expansion. Casper Stylsvig, chief revenue officer of Fulham, said: "We look forward to enjoying our return to the top flight with Dafabet and working with them to continue to grow the Club's brand globally."

No value was given for the sponsorship though industry sources put it at about £3 million per season.

http://www.insideworldfootball.com/2018/07/12/dafabet-secure-premier-league-returners-fulham-record-shirt-sponsorship/

WhiteJC

Soccer: Promoted Fulham sign Seri and Le Marchand from Nice

LONDON (Reuters) - Fulham have signed Nice's Ivory Coast midfielder Jean Michael Seri on a four-year deal along with French team mate Maxime le Marchand, the newly-promoted Premier League side said on Thursday.

Fulham said on their website (www.fulhamfc.com) that the deal for 26-year-old Seri included an option for a further 12 months.

Seri, who had also been linked to Chelsea and Borussia Dortmund, joined Nice in 2015 from Portuguese side Pacos de Ferreira.

"Jean Michaël arrives with Premier League qualities as well as great promise for the future, which is why he has been at the very top of our target list for a long time," said Fulham's director of football operations Tony Khan.

Le Marchand, 28, has played 81 matches for Nice, who finished eighth in Ligue 1 last season.

https://in.reuters.com/article/soccer-england-ful/soccer-promoted-fulham-sign-seri-and-le-marchand-from-nice-idINKBN1K21EA?rpc=401&;

WhiteJC

Fulham announce shock arrival of Chelsea target in club-record deal

Fulham have announced they have signed Jean Seri from French side Nice on a four-year deal until 2022 with an option to a further 12 months.

The Cottagers have fended off interest from some of the biggest clubs in Europe to land the 26-year-old on a reported club-record deal worth £30m.

Seri was heavily linked with a move to Chelsea but the Premier League giants were not willing to intensify their interest until they resolve their managerial situation.

Chelsea's indecisiveness has allowed Fulham to prise the highly-rated central midfielder to Craven Cottage in one of the coup's of the summer.

"It was a long day yesterday so it was great to get the move finalised," Seri told the club's official website.

"Now, I'm ready to get started and looking forward to meeting the squad and getting to know them, the head coach and his staff better.

Seri's arrival caps what has been a really positive season for the newly-promoted side. Fulham have not only signed one of the most sought after midfielder's in Europe they have also secured the long-term futures of star men Ryan Sessegnon and Tom Cairney.

Only Marco Verratti (92.7) averaged more passes per game than Seri (86.3) in France's top tier last season.

https://www.whoscored.com/News/x-aImM9tQk-ncQEx4YeOMQ/Show/Fulham-announce-shock-arrival-of-Chelsea-target-in-club-record-deal

WhiteJC

Who is Maxime Le Marchand? Fulham's newest centre back and second signing of the summer

The defender follows Jean-Michael Seri in making the move from Nice to Fulham

Fulham have completed the double transfer swoop after raiding Nice, with Jean-Michael Seri and Maxime Le Marchand on their way to Craven Cottage.

It's an stunning move from Fulham's recruitment team who have taken their time in this transfer window to make sure they get the players that they think will give them the best chance of staying up, and potentially more, in the Premier League this season.

Seri's transfer had been ongoing over the past week, but Le Marchand is a surprise add-on for Fulham who had been looking for a new centre back to strengthen the defence ahead of the new season.

The Frenchman looks to be that man - here's all you need to know about the second signing of the summer.

Career so far

Le Marchand joins Fulham from Nice, following Seri's footsteps of making the move from France to London.

He started his career at Rennes, where he won the U18 Championship before making his senior debut in a loan spell at Le Havre in the 2008/09 season.

They signed him permanently after that and the 28-year-old went on to play there for five years, becoming captain of the side before joining Nice in 2015.

He made 81 appearances in his time there, helping the side to top four finishes and to the Europa League, where they were knocked out in the Round of 32 to Lokomotiv Moscow.

Nice's defender Maxime Le Marchand (R) vies with Strasbourg's midfielder Jonas Martin (Image: FREDERICK FLORIN/AFP/Getty Images)

Where can he play?

Le Marchand is a versatile defender and is able to play at both centre back and left back - both key areas where Fulham haven't really strengthened properly.

It's almost a two-for-one signing for the club, with the Frenchman being able to cover at left back should Slavisa Jokanovic see the need for him to slot in there.

However, he will most likely play at centre back for Fulham alongside Tim Ream in the Premier League next season.

Will he fit the bill?

It looks that way.

Tony Khan and the recruitment team will have done extensive research on their man before signing him, and with European pedigree under his belt he looks to be a good fit for the side.

At 28 he has an experienced head on his shoulders too and should slot in well with an ambitious Fulham side.

Angers midfielder Prince Oniangue (L) vies with Nice's French defender Maxime Le Marchand (R) (Image: JEAN-FRANCOIS MONIER/AFP/Getty Images)

What's been said about the move?

He told Fulhamfc.com: "I'm very happy to sign for Fulham, this is a big club that's very popular.

"I'm also happy to have joined up with a good friend, Jean Michaël Seri. I know that there is a lot of hard work ahead and I hope to bring my very best to this team."

Tony Khan added: "I'm very pleased that we've agreed to a transfer for defender Maxime Le Marchand from Nice.

"Strengthening our squad is always a priority. In that spirit, we've done a lot of work on Maxime and believe that his skills and versatility will be valuable assets."

https://www.football.london/fulham-fc/who-maxime-le-marchand-fulhams-14899177

WhiteJC

Fulham World Cup target quizzed about interest, needs to speak to agent

After reports last week linking him with a move to Fulham, Spartak Moscow central defender Ilya Kutepov has spoken to Russian newspaper Izvestia about his future.

The player impressed at the World Cup which has brought him to the attention of Fulham.

Kutepov said: "These are just rumours at the moment. I don't know anything. I will need to talk with my agent about that. But, we need to wait for that. I will talk about this later. Now I am exhausted and very tired. I want to have a holiday and spend some time with my family."

We recently covered reports from Russia that Fulham, RB Leipzig, and Borussia Monchengladbach are all showing an interest in Kutepov, and could look to move in for the defender in this transfer window.

With promotion to the Premier League, the London club will be looking to add to their squad before next month's deadline.

It was claimed one European side tabled a bid in the region of €12m for the player, but this club hasn't been disclosed.

Fulham's Premier League rivals West Ham United have also been linked with Kutepov in recent weeks.

http://sportwitness.co.uk/fulham-world-cup-target-quizzed-interest-needs-speak-agent/

WhiteJC

'unplayable' Jean-Michael Seri: Signing 'the African Xavi' is a massive coup for Fulham, says French football expert

Ligue 1 correspondent Jeremy Smith tells talkSPORT the new £25m signing 'can basically do it all in midfield'

Fulham's £25million signing of Ivory Coast midfielder Jean-Michael Seri is a 'massive coup' for the Premier League club, a French football expert has told talkSPORT.

The Cottagers announced the signing of 26-year-old Seri from Ligue 1 side Nice on Thursday, beating a host of top European clubs – including Chelsea – to his signature.

It's a huge deal for Fulham as they strengthen their team for their return to top flight football.

And French football expert Jeremy Smith says the London club have landed 'an absolutely brilliant player', whose 'unplayable' form for Nice almost saw him join Barcelona last summer.

Speaking on Football First on talkSPORT 2, he said: "It's massive coup from Fulham when you look at some of the other teams who were rumoured to be interested.

"Two seasons ago he was unplayable – if there wasn't so much PSG bias he should have won French Footballer of the Year.

"His nickname among some people is the African Xavi, which tells you what kind of player he is.

Jean-Michael Seri has joined Fulham in a reported £25m deal

"He's superb. He can dribble but he's a brilliant passer of the ball, he can find gaps where you can't obviously see them. He's also got a really decent long shot on him, he's a good set-piece taker.

"He can basically do it all in midfield.

"He can also drop back and play the defending N'Golo Kante role, he can play as an eight or a ten.

"This time last year it looked like he was going to join Barcelona but the plug was pulled at the last minute.

https://talksport.com/football/399076/jean-michael-seri-african-xavi-fulham/

WhiteJC

Official | Fulham in Jean-Michaël Seri – Maxime Le Marchand double swoop

Fulham have completed their spectacular double signing of Nice duo Maxime Le Marchand and Jean Michael Seri for an undisclosed fee, with the latter signing a four-year-deal with the South London club.

Seri had been linked with the likes of Chelsea, Barcelona and Arsenal in the past few season and his outstanding performances for Nice across the past three years showing why he was so highly rated by those clubs and legends such as Xavi. Le Marchand may fly under the radar in comparison to his new teammate Seri's arrival, but his 173 appearances for Nice after joining in 2015 says a lot about his consistency at left back.

"It was a long day yesterday so it was great to get the move finalised," said Seri, speaking at Fulham's Motspur Park training ground.

"I'm ready to get started and looking forward to meeting the squad and getting to know them, the head coach and his staff better. I am delighted to be here, It's a new adventure that starts for me and I am hoping it will all go well."

Le Marchand also spoke about his move to the Cottagers, saying "I'm very happy to sign for Fulham, this is a big club that's very popular."

"I am also very happy to have joined up with a good friend (Seri) and I know that there is a lot of hard work ahead and I hope to bring my very best to this team."

http://www.getfootballnewsfrance.com/2018/official-fulham-in-jean-michael-seri-maxime-le-marchand-double-swoop/

WhiteJC

Fulham transfer news: Jean Michael Seri and Maxime Le Marchand join on permanent deals from Nice

Fulham announce double-signing, with Seri arriving just a year after he saw a move to Barcelona collapse

Fulham FC have sent out a statement of intent ahead of their return to the Premier League after announcing the double-signing of midfielder Jean Michael Seri and defender Maxime Le Marchand, who both join the club from French side Nice.

The acquisition of 26-year-old Seri on a four-year deal – with the option to extend that by a further 12 months – is believed to be worth £25m, and comes just one season after he agreed to join Barcelona, only for the deal to fall through.

Having also been linked with Arsenal and Chelsea in recent transfer windows, the signing is a major coup for a club such a Fulham that is returning to the top flight after a four-year absence, and gives manager Slavisa Jokanovic a significant boost to his squad ahead of the star of the new campaign.

"It was a long day yesterday so it was great to get the move finalised," said Seri, who made more than 100 appearances for Nice in three years and has also spent time with Portuguese sides Pacis de Ferreira and Porto's 'B' team.

Jean Michael Seri has joined Fulham from Nice on a four-year deal (Getty)

Having announced the arrival of Seri, Fulham immediately followed it up by unveiling his Nice teammate Le Marchand, with the 28-year-old also leaving the Ligue 1 side after three years in which he featured predominantly at left-back.

"I'm very happy to sign for Fulham, this is a big club that's very popular," Le Marchand said.

Maxime Le Marchand follows Seri to Craven Cottage (Getty)

"I'm also happy to have joined up with a good friend, Jean Michael Seri. I know that there is a lot of hard work ahead and I hope to bring my very best to this team."

https://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/transfers/fulham-transfer-news-jean-michael-seri-maxime-le-marchand-sign-join-deals-arsenal-chelsea-barcelona-a8443996.html

WhiteJC

Fulham pull off incredible £35m signing – A huge reality check for Benitez, Ashley and NUFC

Whilst today is a positive one for NUFC, with Kenedy's return bringing a smile back to the face of Rafa Benitez, there's been one major move in the Premier League which will come as a real reality check.

Newly promoted Fulham have completed a stunning club record deal (worth £35m) to sign Jean Michael Seri – the highly-rated midfielder who had been heavily linked with the likes of Barcelona, Man Utd and Arsenal after several stunning seasons in France.

I prefer to focus on ourselves, but these things are hard to ignore when Fulham are paying over DOUBLE our current transfer-record (£17 for Michael Owen in 2005) to sign such a player on their first season back in the Premier League. It's a sign of the times.

Our Premier League rivals are spending big whilst we are in danger of standing still, with Mike Ashley continuing to make life in the transfer market so difficult for Rafa Benitez.

Our transfer business has actually been pretty solid so far, but we have spent just £4m so far – signing Kenedy on loan and Ki on a free since completing a simple £4m deal to turn Dubravka's loan into a permanent.

The big test will come now Benitez pushes to sign a new striker – a major deal that will make or break our summer.

I'm happy with our business so far, with Dubravka, Ki and Kenedy all being shrewd signings, but moves like this really put the pressure on us to get moving in the market.

We still need a striker (or two) and a number 10, but neither will come cheap – and that worries me as an NUFC fan in the Ashley era.

You'd think our transfer record will need to be broken at least once or twice if we're going to bring in the quality striker we so desperately need to compete in this day and age. Will Ashley sanction that? History suggests no – but he needs to.

http://www.nufcblog.co.uk/2018/07/12/fulham-pull-off-incredible-35m-signing-a-huge-reality-check-for-benitez-ashley-and-nufc/

WhiteJC

Report: Southampton's Matt Targett to review future after being denied Fulham transfer

The Southampton left-back spent the second half of last season on loan to Fulham.

Southampton's Matt Targett intends to review his future next month after being denied a permanent move to Fulham, according to the Daily Mirror (liveblog entry 13:14).

The newspaper reports Southampton have told Fulham that Targett is not for sale after the London side offered £10 million for the player who helped them win promotion while on loan there during the second half of last season.

And the Saints' reluctance is said to be in part down to Premier League interest in another of their left-backs, Ryan Bertrand.

But the Daily Mirror adds Targett is no longer willing to sit on the bench or in the stands after gaining a taste for regular football at Fulham last term.

The 22-year-old's hopes of doing that at Fulham, however, may have taken a hit after Thursday's arrival of Maxime Le Marchand from Nice.

Targett came through the ranks at Southampton, whose left-back options also include Sam McQueen, and has played 42 times for the south coast club.

http://www.hitc.com/en-gb/2018/07/12/report-southamptons-matt-targett-to-review-future-after-being-de/

WhiteJC

Have Chelsea been embarrassed in failure to sign £25m midfielder?

Fulham have pulled off one of the more remarkable transfer coups of the summer, beating Chelsea to the signature of Jean Michel Seri.

The French midfielder has joined the Whites today, as reported here by the BBC, for £25m.

As the Sun note in their report on the deal, Chelsea have been heavily linked with the former Nice man all the way back to last summer, and the fact that he's chosen to join a newly promoted team is a real surprise.

Of course we don't know the full story – perhaps Chelsea's progress on the transfer was halted when they realised they could land Jorginho. Perhaps the players decided he wanted to go somewhere he was promised more minutes. Perhaps they offered more wages.

All that we know is that from the outside, it looks as though we've been gazumped by our little local rivals, and that's a bit of a shocker for everyone – not leas the Fulham fans.

https://www.chelsea-news.co/2018/07/chelsea-embarrassed-failure-sign-25m-midfielder/

WhiteJC

Official: Fulham sign Arsenal-linked Seri

Fulham have announced the signing of OGC Nice midfielder Jean Seri, despite the player's links to FC Barcelona, Chelsea and Arsenal in the last year.

Fulham confirmed the deal on their club website on Thursday morning, writing that Seri has signed a four-year deal to play for the London club. They also have an option to extend for a further year, so at 26 years old Seri could well spend the peak years of his career with his new team.

Anyone who's been following Arsenal's recent transfer windows closely would've seen the links to Seri regularly. Those links never progressed into anything more though, and despite plenty of chances for the club to make a move, they always seemed more interested in other targets.

In fact, Barcelona came closer to signing the player last summer. Raul Sanllehi reportedly formed a close relationship with Seri, and almost concluded a deal, before the higher ups at the club decided to pull out.

The timing of Fulham's move suggests they decided to pay the player's release clause. Seri had a €40m clause in his Nice contract every summer, but it was only valid until 15th July. After that the clause expired, and Nice would have full control over negotiations. In all honesty, Arsenal didn't have €40m to spare on another midfielder.

http://dailycannon.com/2018/07/official-fulham-sign-arsenal-linked-seri/

WhiteJC

Jean Michael Seri completes Fulham transfer, fans react

Fulham completed the signing of Jean Michael Seri from Nice earlier today.

The Ivorian has signed a four-year contract with the Londoners and he will be hoping to make his mark in English football next season.

Seri was linked with a move to Chelsea as well but the Cottagers have managed to fend off the competition for his services.

As per Guardian, Fulham have paid a club-record fee in the region of £25m for the midfielder.

Seri is a technically gifted midfielder who can operate in an attacking role as well as a box-to-box role. The 26-year-old will be the ideal partner for Tom Cairney next season.

The Fulham faithful will be delighted with the ambition shown by the club. For a newly promoted club, signing Seri is a major coup.

The Ivorian has been one of the best players in Ligue 1 for the last two years.

Speaking to the media after his move, Seri said: "It was a long day yesterday [Wednesday] so it was great to get the move finalised. Now, I'm ready to get started and looking forward to meeting the squad and getting to know them, the head coach and his staff better. I'm delighted to be here, it's a new adventure that starts for me and I'm hoping it will all go well."

http://sportslens.com/jean-michael-seri-completes-fulham-transfer-fans-react/238419/

WhiteJC

Newcastle's transfer business has been woeful

OPINION

With Fulham announcing a club-record signing this summer, Newcastle's poor record in the transfer market is thrown into the spotlight.

Fulham have today confirmed the signing of 26-year-old midfielder Jean Michael Seri from OGC Nice, revealing the news on the club's official Twitter account.

The fee for the Ivory Coast international, as reported by The Sun, is reportedly around £25million, which would dwarf the newly-promoted minnows' previous club record signing of Konstantinos Mitroglou from Greek side Olympiakos for £13.68million in 2013/14

Lets put this transfer into context. Unbelievably, the last time Newcastle broke their transfer record was in 2005. Yes, 2005.

The transfer of Michael Owen from Real Madrid to St. James Park in the 2005/06 season cost £22.5million, this remains their record transfer (TransferMarkt).

Sorry Magpies fans, it does actually get worse. Their second biggest transfer of all time is still Alan Shearer, who joined from Blackburn in 1996 for £18.9millon. Their third biggest transfer of all time is still Albert Luque in 2005 for £18million (TransferMarkt).

What has happened to all the huge TV revenue that the club receive every single year? What has happened to all the extra money that the club earns from playing in the Premier League? What has happened to the income from sponsorship and naming rights deals?

The fact that Fulham's transfer of Seri would break Newcastle's transfer record is beyond belief. It seems like every other club in the Premier League are spending money and breaking their transfer record, while the Toon just plods along and Benitez makes do with bargain basement signings.

Mike Ashley cannot expect Rafael Benitez to compete with the rest of the league when he's been given such a small budget to work from in comparison with other clubs. It's not just clubs of the same size that have more funds, even smaller clubs have bigger budgets, as Fulham have shown.

Newcastle United are a sleeping giant and that's how they'll remain until adequate investment is made.

https://nothingbutnewcastle.com/2018/07/blogs/newcastles-transfer-business-has-been-woeful/

WhiteJC

Targett to consider his future after being denied Fulham move
by Dan on July 12, 2018

Matt Targett is considering his future at Southampton after the Saints blocked a possible permanent move to Fulham, the Daily Mirror reports this lunchtime.

The left-back, who enjoyed a successful loan spell at Craven Cottage in the second half of last season, was the subject of a £10m bid from Fulham – who were keen to add him to their squad ahead of their return to the Premier League – but Southampton turned down the offer. The tabloid claims that Targett, who made 21 appearances on loan at Fulham as Slavisa Jokanovic's side won promotion via the Championship play-offs, wants more first-team football and won't be content to sit on the bench at St. Mary's.

Southampton were not willing to consider a permanent departure for Targett whilst leading English clubs are chasing their England international and first choice left back Ryan Bertrand. Saints boss Mark Hughes also now considers Target, who has made 42 senior appearances for Southampton, as a member of his first-team squad and that knowledge was behind Fulham's big bid for the 22 year-old defender. It is thought that Fulham have moved on to other possible acquisitions having seen their offer for Targett turned down.

http://hammyend.com/index.php/2018/07/targett-to-consider-his-future-after-being-denied-fulham-move/

WhiteJC

Southampton's Targett told he will not leave this month

Southampton have told Matt Targett that he will not be leaving the club this month, despite interest from Fulham.

According to the Mirror, Targett has been the subject of a failed bid from the newly-promoted side, but Southampton are reluctant to sanction a deal.

The Saints are bracing themselves for interest in Ryan Bertrand, which could open up a spot for Targett at St Mary's.

Targett spent last season on loan at Fulham and impressed there. He went on to help the Cottagers secure their promotion to the top flight.

Slavisa Jokanovic has been keen to bring the player back to the club on a permanent basis, which could still happen this summer.

A £10 million bid has already been rejected by the Saints, according to the reports.

Targett is said to be keen on the move as he sets his sights on a regular starting place in the Premier League next season.

https://readsouthampton.com/2018/07/12/southamptons-targett-told-he-will-not-leave-this-month/