more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Friday Fulham Stuff (13/07/18)...

Started by WhiteJC, July 13, 2018, 07:14:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

WhiteJC

From Italy: Fulham 'made contact' with Bundesliga club for World Cup star

Werder Bremen defender Ludwig Augustinsson has been attracting interest in the summer transfer window.

Earlier in June, we carried a report from SportBild, who claimed Watford and another unnamed club had put the left-back in the summer 'shopping list'.

The German publication had mentioned the player wanted to continue with the Bundesliga outfit, but it was the situation could change if he impressed for Sweden at the 2018 World Cup.

Augustinsson started in all five matches for his national side as they were knocked out in the quarter-final by England. The 24-year-old was part of Sweden's defence who kept three clean sheets and conceded only four goals at the Fifa tournament in Russia.

Italian outlet Calcio Mercato claim newly promoted Premier League club Fulham have identified the Bremen defender as a transfer target. The Cottagers have already 'made contact' with the German club for the full-back.

Augustinsson has been with Bremen since 2017 and his contract at the club runs down in 2021. The report mentions, apart from Fulham, AC Milan are also in the race for the Swedish international's signature.

http://sportwitness.co.uk/italy-fulham-made-contact-bundesliga-club-world-cup-star/

WhiteJC

Jean Michael Seri: Fulham sign Ivory Coast international and Maxime le Marchand

Seri joined Nice from Portuguese side Pacos de Ferreira in 2015

Premier League newcomers Fulham have signed Nice's Ivory Coast midfielder Jean Michael Seri on a four-year deal.

The 26-year-old, who has 18 international caps and was close to a move to Barcelona in 2017, scored 12 goals in 103 appearances for the Ligue 1 side.

The Cottagers have also completed a deal for Seri's former Nice team-mate Maxime le Marchand.

The French defender, 28, played 81 times for the club.

The length of his contract has not been announced, while Fulham have the option to extend Seri's deal, which runs to 2022, by a further year.

Seri said: "I'm delighted to be here, it's a new adventure that starts for me and I'm hoping it will all go well.

"It was great to get the move finalised."

Seri moved to Europe from his homeland in 2012 when he joined Porto on loan, before switching to fellow Primeira Liga side Pacos de Ferreira the following year.

He signed for Nice in 2015 and has topped the Ligue 1 rankings for passes played and completed for the past two seasons.

Fulham co-owner Tony Khan said: "Jean Michael arrives with Premier League qualities as well as great promise for the future, which is why he has been at the very top of our target list for a long time."

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/44807027

WhiteJC

Seri Signs

We are delighted to confirm the signing of Ivory Coast international Jean Michaël Seri on a four-year deal from OGC Nice.

The midfielder has signed a contract until June 2022, with the Club holding an option to extend by a further 12 months after beating a host of top European sides to Seri's signature.

The deal is subject to international clearance, and the player obtaining a work permit.

A creative, intelligent central midfield player, Seri spent his younger years with Africa Sports d'Abidjan before joining the most successful side in Ivorian history in 2010, ASEC Mimosas.

After impressing in two seasons with the club, Seri was scouted by Porto and subsequently joined the Portuguese giants on loan for the 2012/13 campaign.

The following summer he made a permanent switch to a different top flight club in Portugal, Paços de Ferreira, who he helped retain Primeira Liga status, notably by scoring in their relegation play-off victory in his first season.

He also played in every one of their six Group Stage Europa League matches in 2013/14.

The subsequent campaign was a much more prosperous one for Paços de Ferreira, with Seri playing a major role as they secured an eighth-placed finish, missing out on a European spot by just a solitary point.

In the summer of 2015, Seri made the move to Nice and quickly established himself as a key component of the exciting Ligue 1 side.

Top-four and top-three finishes were achieved in his first two campaigns in France, while this term European qualification eluded Nice by one point.

The last two campaigns saw Seri top the charts in Ligue 1 in terms of passes played and completed, with an accuracy rate of 90.4 per cent last year, while he claimed a spot in the 2016/17 Team of the Season.

He made his debut for the Ivory Coast in September 2015, and now has 18 caps to his name.

Speaking at Motspur Park on Thursday morning, Seri said: "It was a long day yesterday so it was great to get the move finalised.

"Now, I'm ready to get started and looking forward to meeting the squad and getting to know them, the Head Coach and his staff better.

"I'm delighted to be here, it's a new adventure that starts for me and I'm hoping it will all go well."

Tony Khan said of Seri's arrival: "I'm delighted to announce that Fulham Football Club has signed midfielder Jean Michaël Seri from Nice.

"Jean Michaël arrives with Premier League qualities as well as great promise for the future, which is why he has been at the very top of our target list for a long time.

"So, this is a big day for everyone associated with Fulham and working at Motspur Park, and I trust all Fulham supporters are collectively as thrilled and ecstatic as we are that Jean Michaël will be joining our squad as we return home to the Premier League!"

http://www.fulhamfc.com/news/2018/july/12/jean-michael-seri-signs

WhiteJC

Who is Jean-Michael Seri? The new Fulham signing that was wanted by Chelsea and Arsenal

Fulham have confirmed the signing of Jean-Michael Seri from Nice

Fulham have signed Jean-Michael Seri from Nice in what is a major coup for the west London side.

The Nice midfielder has had an excellent couple of seasons in Ligue 1 which has seen them challenge in the upper echelons of the table both times and that, in turn, has seen their star man linked with a move away.

Last summer, he was close to securing a move to Barcelona but it collapsed at the 11th hour and he stayed in France. He wasn't as prolific last season as he was the one before but it has not diminished his value.

Seri bagged only two goals in 30 Ligue 1 games last campaign and helped himself to five assists. However, that did not put off a number of Premier League clubs.

And with the likes of Chelsea, Arsenal and West Ham all interested in his signature, it is something of a coup that Fulham have managed to beat those clubs to his signature - here's everything you need to know about the new man.

Career so far

Jean Seri started his professional career with Africa Sports - a club based in the Ivorian city of Abidjan.

From there, the midfielder made the move to fellow Ivorian side ASEC Mimosas, before moving to Porto's reserve side in November 2012.

After 19 appearances and one goal for Porto B, Seri moved to Pacos de Ferreira in August 2013 where he would spend two years with the club.

In June 2015, the midfielder made the move to Nice - where he has enjoyed some brilliant success in Ligue 1.

Jean Michael Seri (Photo by Valery Hache/AFP/Getty Images)

Stats behind his last two seasons

Describe Jean Seri's 2016/17 campaign in one word? Impressive.

And even that probably doesn't do it justice.

The midfielder managed six goals and nine assists in a brilliant season for Nice which has helped them battle right at the top of Ligue 1.

Add that to his 64 chances created and his 90% pass accuracy, and you start to see why some of Europe's top clubs are chasing the 25-year-old.

It dropped off a bit in 2017/18 where he scored just two goals but managed five assists. He did have an impressive passing accuracy rate of 90.2% for Nice last season.

Is he an international?

Yes, he is.

Seri's first international call-up came in 2014 - but his first cap wasn't until 2015 for the Ivory Coast national side.

Since then, the midfielder has made 18 appearances for his country, scoring two goals.

Will he fit the bill at Fulham?

Going off the last two seasons, he absolutely will.

There aren't many sides in the world that can afford to turn down a player of Seri's obvious quality to create and score chances from the centre of midfield, while still being a capable asset defensively.

There's a reason the likes of Barcelona and PSG are also interested...

https://www.football.london/fulham-fc/jean-michael-seri-fulham-confirmed-14889768

WhiteJC

After initial indecision over transfer, Fulham's big financial effort changes player's mind

On Tuesday, France Football shocked the footballing community by claiming Fulham had placed a bid for OGC Nice's Jean-Michael Seri.

Curious about this, we asked around and were told that while the two clubs had indeed reach an agreement for the midfielder's transfer, the Ivory Coast international himself wasn't all that keen on a move to Craven Cottage.

Fast forward 48 hours later, and things changed considerably.

Nice-Matin reported early on Thursday that Seri had agreed terms with the Cottagers over a four-year deal.

A few hours later, Tony Khan announced on Twitter that the deal was made official, with pictures of Jean-Michael Seri in front of Craven Cottage

We said at the end of the previous article that Fulham would have to be very convincing, and that's exactly what's happened.

Sport Witness have been told that one thing changed the midfielder's mind: the contract put in front of him.

And who knows? This could be an ideal move for Seri, getting to play on the biggest stage, facing tough opponents week in, week out.

He will also be teaming up with OGC Nice teammate Maxime Le Marchand, who is also expected to be signing for Fulham in the coming hours.

http://sportwitness.co.uk/initial-indecision-transfer-fulhams-big-financial-effort-changes-players-mind/

WhiteJC

Ryan Sessegnon's pathway to Gareth Southgate's England now looks clear

The Fulham wonderkid would fit in perfectly in England's current system.

England are out of the World Cup but they have made the nation proud with their efforts. Hope is now high for the future of the national team with this a young team full of potential going forward. But looking ahead to Euro 2020 there is one player in the starting XI who is unlikely to be there. Ashley Young, at 33-years-old, is England's elder statesmen and a new left wing-back will be needed if England are to succeed.

Which is where Fulham come in. Ryan Sessegnon would be absolutely perfect in the role.

(Photo by Catherine Ivill/Getty Images)

After emerging as a left-back the teenager has become a fully-functioning left-sided attacker for the Cottagers. He scored 16 goals and set up eight in an incredible 2017-18 campaign. The 18-year-old was subsequently linked with a big-money move away from Fulham but has decided to stay for the foreseeable future. 

Next season the Premier League will be graced by his presence. Fans are going to be blown away by his swashbuckling displays down Fulham's left-hand side. If he performs like he can, then an England call-up will no doubt come next season.

The consensus is that Sessegnon will eventually move away from Fulham, such is his imperious talent. But for years to come, he will hopefully become an integral member of the England set-up.

England fans may have a lot to thank Fulham for in the years to come.

https://tbrfootball.com/ryan-sessegnons-pathway-gareth-southgates-england-now-looks-clear/

WhiteJC

Chelsea And Arsenal Lose Out To Fulham In Chase For Exciting French League Star

Fulham have confirmed the signing of Ivory Coast international Jean Michael Seri.

The exciting midfielder has joined the Premier League newcomers on a four-year deal from Nice with the option for another year.

Seri has been one of the most talked about transfer targets of the summer and was linked with many clubs before committing to Fulham. Arsenal, Chelsea and Manchester United were all mentioned as potential destinations for the player.

The deal is subject to international clearance, and the player obtaining a work permit.

Seri has a reputation for being a creative midfielder and started his career with Africa Sports d'Abidjan before signing for ASEC Mimosas. He spent two seasons there before moving to Portugese giants Porto on loan for the 2012/12 season.

He then moved onto Paços de Ferreira where he became a prominent part of the team that finished eighth. Seri joined Nice in 2015 and his performances led him to be mentioned as a potential target for some of Europe's top clubs.

Speaking to the Fulham website, Seri said: "Im ready to get started and looking forward to meeting the squad and getting to know them, the head coach and his staff better.

"I'm delighted to be here, it's a new adventure that starts for me and I'm hoping it will all go well."

Tony Khan said of Seri's arrival: "I'm delighted to announce that Fulham Football Club has signed midfielder Jean Michael Seri from Nice.

"Jean Michael arrives with Premier League qualities as well as great promise for the future, which is why he has been at the very top of our target list for a long time.

"So, this is a big day for everyone associated with Fulham and working at Motspur Park, and I trust all Fulham supporters are collectively as thrilled and ecstatic as we are that Jean Michael will be joining our squad as we return home to the Premier League!"

https://www.thesportsman.com/articles/cheslea-and-arsenal-lose-out-to-fulham-in-chase-for-exciting-french-league-star

WhiteJC

Fulham sign Jean Michael Seri and Maxime Le Marchand from Nice
Highly-rated Seri has signed a four-year deal with the Cottagers

Fulham have completed the double signing of Jean Michael Seri and Maxime Le Marchand from Nice - their first additions of the summer.

The pair join the Whites as part of a combined deal worth in excess of £30m, according to Sky sources - and the highly sought-after Seri is considered somewhat of a coup.

Chelsea and Napoli were among the clubs interested in the 26-year-old, who was on the verge of joining Barcelona last summer.

But the Ivory Coast international has instead opted to join newly-promoted Fulham on a four-year deal with another year-long option, and the deal was announced on Twitter by director of football operations Tony Khan.

"It was a long day yesterday so it was great to get the move finalised," Seri told Fulham's website.

"Now, I'm ready to get started and looking forward to meeting the squad and getting to know them, the head coach and his staff better.

Fulham vice chairman Tony Khan added: "Jean Michael arrives with Premier League qualities as well as great promise for the future, which is why he has been at the very top of our target list for a long time.

"So, this is a big day for everyone associated with Fulham and working at Motspur Park, and I trust all Fulham supporters are collectively as thrilled and ecstatic as we are that Jean Michael will be joining our squad as we return home to the Premier League."

Sky Sports News broke the news that Fulham had joined the hunt for Seri last week and also reported earlier on Thursday that centre-back Le Marchand was set to follow in a double transfer.

After also being confirmed by the Whites, the Frenchman said: "I'm very happy to sign for Fulham, this is a big club that's very popular.

"I'm also happy to have joined up with a good friend, Jean Michael Seri. I know that there is a lot of hard work ahead and I hope to bring my very best to this team."

http://www.skysports.com/football/news/11681/11434091/fulham-sign-jean-michael-seri-from-nice-on-four-year-deal

WhiteJC

Jean-Michael Seri joins Fulham as Cottagers also land Maxime Le Marchand in double transfer raid on Nice

Cottagers vice chairman and director of football Tony Khan announced the signings on social media

Fulham have completed the double signings of Jean-Michael Seri and Maxime Le Marchand from Nice.

Ivory Coast international Seri attracted interest from a host of clubs across Europe this transfer window, but has put pen to paper on a four-year deal with the south-west London club.

Cottagers vice chairman and director of football Tony Khan announced the Seri deal on social media, writing: "I'm delighted to announce that Fulham has signed midfielder Jean-Michael Seri from Nice.

"He's been at the very top of our target list for a long time. This is a big day for Fulham. We're ecstatic that Jean-Michael is joining our squad as we return home to the Premier League."

Fulham have completed the signing of Jean-Michael Seri (Image: REX/Shutterstock)

Upon signing, Seri added: "It was a long day yesterday so it was great to get the move finalised. Now, I'm ready to get started and looking forward to meeting the squad and getting to know them, the Head Coach and his staff better.

Moments later Fulham announced the signing of left-back Le Marchand, also from Nice.

The 28-year-old said: "I'm very happy to sign for Fulham, this is a big club that's very popular

Maxime Le Marchand has also joined Fulham from Nice (Image: REX/Shutterstock)

"I'm also happy to have joined up with a good friend, Jean Michael Seri. I know that there is a lot of hard work ahead and I hope to bring my very best to this team."

Cultured midfielder Seri became the Whites' first summer signing on Thursday.

Cultured midfielder Seri became Fulham's first summer signing (Image: Fulham FC/Twitter)

Fulham recently retained the services of star player Tom Cairney, who signed a new five-year deal to end speculation of a move away, and fans' Player of the Season Tim Ream, who has penned a two-year extension.

Fulham boss Slavisa Jokanovic will no doubt be keen to push on and bring in more players now that the Seri and Le Marchand signings have been confirmed.

https://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/breaking-fulham-complete-35million-jean-12900639

WhiteJC

Fulham pull off huge coup as they land Jean-Michael Seri in £18m deal and complete double swoop by signing his Nice team-mate Maxime Le Marchand

Fulham sign Jean-Michael Seri from Nice in sensational £18million transfer
    Cottagers had to fight off interest from Premier League rivals including Chelsea
    Seri has signed a four-year contract with the option to extend by 12 months
    Fulham have also landed Maxime Le Marchand from Nice in a double swoop

Fulham have completed their first two signings of the summer window after a double swoop for Nice's Jean-Michael Seri and Maxime Le Marchand.

Midfielder Seri joins Fulham for a transfer fee of £18million and signed a four-year contract, with the option to extend by a further 12 months.

He has been linked with a move to the Premier League for some time, but the Cottagers have managed to fend off interest from Chelsea and Arsenal among others to sign him.

Fulham complete double swoop for Nice's Jean-Michael Seri (L) and Maxime Le Merchand (R)

Jean-Michael Seri poses in Fulham kit after completing £18m move to Premier League

Barcelona came close to signing Seri last summer and the 26-year-old was also subject to a bid from Borussia Dortmund.

But Seri has always desired a move to the Premier League and new boys Fulham have taken the opportunity to show they mean business this season.

Fulham's sporting director, Tony Khan, said: 'I'm delighted to announce that Fulham has signed midfielder Jean-Michael Seri from Nice.

'He's been at the very top of our target list for a long time. This is a big day for Fulham. We're ecstatic that Jean-Michael is joining our squad as we return home to the Premier League.'

Seri helped Nice to an eighth-placed finish in Ligue 1 last season and has been one of the most in-demand players in Europe this summer after several successful years with the French side.

The midfielder has joined Premier League new boys after spending three seasons with Nice

Seri also models the away kit after he signs for The Cottagers on a four-year contract

Chelsea had been favourites to land the midfielder but are now closing in on a deal for Napoli's Jorginho, which left the door wide open for Fulham to swoop in.

Speaking at Motspur Park on Thursday morning, Seri said: 'It was a long day yesterday (Wednesday) so it was great to get the move finalised.

'Now, I'm ready to get started and looking forward to meeting the squad and getting to know them, the Head Coach and his staff better.

'I'm delighted to be here, it's a new adventure that starts for me and I'm hoping it will all go well.'

Slavisa Jokanovic's side have also completed their second summer signing in Seri's Nice team-mate, Maxime Le Marchand.

Centre-back Maxime Le Marchand has joined Seri in moving from Nice to Fulham

The 28-year-old was part of a double deal as Fulham signed both players ahead of new season

The 28-year-old centre-back has spent his entire career playing in France but with over 80 appearances for Nice, he has established himself as one of the key figures in French football.

Speaking to Fulham about his move, he said: 'I'm very happy to sign for Fulham, this is a big club that's very popular.

'I'm also happy to have joined up with a good friend, Jean-Michael Seri. I know that there is a lot of hard work ahead and I hope to bring my very best to this team.'

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-5945877/Fulham-pull-huge-coup-signing-18m-Jean-Michael-Seri-Nice.html

WhiteJC

Fulham confirm signing of Chelsea target Seri

Nice midfielder Jean Michael Seri has declined a move to Chelsea, with the Ivorian midfielder sealing a move to Fulham today.

The midfielder joins the Cottagers in a deal worth around £25 million according to reports, with Fulham owner Shahid Kahn announcing the deal on twitter today.

The deal is a real sign of intent from Khan, who also owns the Jacksonville Jaguars NFL franchise and was interested in a bid for Wembley stadium.

Seri had been a target for the Blues, with the club trying hard to get the midfielder to join Chelsea.

The midfielder was a key part of the Nice midfield last season, making 29 appearances as Nice went on to finish eighth in Ligue 1 last season.

Seri has opted to play regularly in the Premier League for Fulham, rather than a move to Chelsea.

https://readchelsea.com/2018/07/12/fulham-confirm-signing-of-chelsea-target-seri/

WhiteJC

DONE DEAL Fulham chief announces the signing of Nice midfielder Jean-Michael Seri

The Cottagers have beaten a host of top European clubs, including rivals Chelsea, to land the 26-year-old Ivorian

Seri was previously linked with Fulham's London rivals Chelsea, Arsenal and West Ham

The 26-year-old has agreed a four-year deal with the Cottagers, subject to international clearance and a work permit.

It's a huge signing for the Cottagers, said to be around £25million, having beaten a host of top European clubs to Seri's signature.

London rivals Chelsea were also strongly linked with a move for the Ivory Coast midfielder, as were Arsenal and West Ham in the past.

But Fulham have won the race to land the in-demand star, as they strengthen for their return to Premier League football this season.

The signing was announced by Fulham director of football Tony Khan on Thursday morning on social media.

Seri told Fulham's official website: "It was great to get the move finalised.

"Now, I'm ready to get started and I am looking forward to meeting the squad and getting to know them, the head coach and his staff better.

The midfielder's contract runs until June 2022, with the Cottagers holding an option of a 12-month extension.

Cottagers chief Khan added: "Jean-Michael arrives with Premier League qualities as well as great promise for the future, which is why he has been at the very top of our target list for a long time.

"So, this is a big day for everyone associated with Fulham and working at Motspur Park, and I trust all Fulham supporters are collectively as thrilled and ecstatic as we are that Jean-Michael will be joining our squad as we return home to the Premier League!"

https://talksport.com/football/398996/fulham-chief-announces-the-signing-of-nice-midfielder-jean-michael-seri/

WhiteJC

Seri signs for Fulham
by Dan on July 12, 2018

Fulham have confirmed the audacious capture of Nice midfielder Jean Michael Seri from Nice this morning.

The highly-rated midfielder, who had been chased by a whole host of European clubs over the course of the summer, has signed a four-year contract with the Premier League new boys, with Fulham holding an option for an additional year. The Ivorian international  made 189 first-team appearances in three years with Nice, scoring fourteen goals, and was named in the 2017 Ligue 1 team of the year.

Seri told Fulham's official website:

It was a long day yesterday so it was great to get the move finalised. Now, I'm ready to get started and looking forward to meeting the squad and getting to know them, the Head Coach and his staff better. I'm delighted to be here, it's a new adventure that starts for me and I'm hoping it will all go well.

Fulham's vice-chairman and head of football operations Tony Khan said:

I'm delighted to announce that Fulham Football Club has signed midfielder Jean Michaël Seri from Nice. Jean Michaël arrives with Premier League qualities as well as great promise for the future, which is why he has been at the very top of our target list for a long time.

So, this is a big day for everyone associated with Fulham and working at Motspur Park, and I trust all Fulham supporters are collectively as thrilled and ecstatic as we are that Jean Michaël will be joining our squad as we return home to the Premier League.

The 26 year-old midfielder, who reportedly becomes Fulham's highest earner, is the club's first signing since they clinched promotion to the Premier League in May. Seri had been on the radar of a number of leading English sides, including Chelsea, and his choice of Fulham represents something of a coup for the Cottagers. The deal is still subject to international clearance and Seri receiving a work permit from the Home Office.

Fulham are also believed to be close to completing a deal to bring his former Nice team-mate, defender Maxime Le Marchand to Craven Cottage as well.

http://hammyend.com/index.php/2018/07/seri-signs-for-fulham/

WhiteJC

Le Marchand Joins Fulham

The Club is delighted to announce that it has reached an agreement with OGC Nice regarding the transfer of Maxime Le Marchand, subject to Premier League, FA, and international clearance.

A versatile defender who can operate in the middle or at left-back, Le Marchand was born in Brittany and, after a spell at local side Saint-Malo, he joined Rennes' academy in 2000.

As a teenager he enjoyed success as part of a strong youth side at Rennes, winning the Under-18 Championship and the acclaimed Coupe Gambardella tournament in successive years.

Le Marchand made his professional debut when he was sent on loan to Le Havre for the 2009/10 season, and put in a series of impressive performances that convinced the club to make the move permanent the following summer.

He spent five further years at Le Havre, ending up as captain of the team, and when he departed to join Nice in 2015 he'd racked up 173 appearances.

In his first two seasons in Ligue 1 Le Marchand helped the club finished fourth and third respectively, while last term they missed out on European qualification by just one point. He arrives at Craven Cottage having played 81 times for Nice, and follows his teammate Jean Michaël Seri in signing for the Club.

Speaking to fulhamfc.com, Le Marchand said: "I'm very happy to sign for Fulham, this is a big club that's very popular.

"I'm also happy to have joined up with a good friend, Jean Michaël Seri. I know that there is a lot of hard work ahead and I hope to bring my very best to this team."

Tony Khan added: "I'm very pleased that we've agreed to a transfer for defender Maxime Le Marchand from Nice.

"Strengthening our squad is always a priority. In that spirit, we've done a lot of work on Maxime and believe that his skills and versatility will be valuable assets. Come on Fulham!"

http://www.fulhamfc.com/news/2018/july/12/le-marchand-arrives

WhiteJC

BREAKING NEWS: Fulham win race to sign Seri

Fulham clinched Ivorian midfielder Jean Michael Seri, who was linked with Barcelona and Chelsea, on a four-year deal from Nice.

Fulham have signed Ivory Coast midfielder Jean Michael Seri on a four-year deal from Nice, the club have confirmed.

Read more at https://www.fourfourtwo.com/news/breaking-news-fulham-win-race-sign-seri#6HR32mpS4z4CRggH.99

WhiteJC

Fulham complete Le Marchand deal
by Dan on July 12, 2018

On a busy day at Motspur Park, Fulham have also confirmed that they have completed a deal to bring Nice defender Maxime Le Marchand to Craven Cottage.

The 28 year-old, who can play in the centre of defence or at left back, enjoyed an excellent season alongside new Fulham signing Jean Michael Seri at Nice last year, with the French side missing out on European qualification by just a single point. Le Marchand, who made 81 appearances for Nice after spending five years with Le Harve, enjoyed three successful seasons with Nice, who finished third and fourth in Ligue 1 in previous years.

Le Marchand, who has heavily linked with a move to a number of Italian clubs this summer, told Fulham's official website:

I'm very happy to sign for Fulham, this is a big club that's very popular. I'm also happy to have joined up with a good friend, Jean Michaël Seri. I know that there is a lot of hard work ahead and I hope to bring my very best to this team.

Fulham's vice chairman and head of football operations, Tony Khan, added:

I'm very pleased that we've agreed to a transfer for defender Maxime Le Marchand from Nice. Strengthening our squad is always a priority. In that spirit, we've done a lot of work on Maxime and believe that his skills and versatility will be valuable assets.

The deal for Le Marchand remains dependent on Premier League, Football Association, and international clearance, although this is expected to be a formality.

http://hammyend.com/index.php/2018/07/fulham-complete-le-marchand-deal/

WhiteJC

Major coup for Fulham as they sign €35m Liverpool, Arsenal target

Fulham have signed Ivorian midfielder Jean-Michael Seri from French side Nice, the Premier League club have announced.

Seri has signed a contract until June 2022, with the club holding an option to extend by a further 12 months after "beating a host of top European sides to Seri's signature".

"We are delighted to confirm the signing of Ivory Coast international Jean Michaël Seri on a four-year deal from OGC Nice," read the club's website.

The deal for Seri, who Get French Football News claims has cost in the region of €35m, is subject to international clearance, and the player obtaining a work permit.

Seri, who was believed to be interesting Liverpool, Arsenal and Chelsea had a €40m release clause in his Nice contract.

The 26-year-old midfielder was recently expected to be moving to Napoli, but agent Franklin Mala denied the Serie A switch on Radio CRC.

"Seri to Napoli? It doesn't depend on us but on Napoli. I read that Napoli are signing Fabian Ruiz, so if they sign the Spaniard, it'll be difficult to sign Seri too," he said.

"We're open to talks with Napoli, but there's been nothing so far. Seri's clause is €40m and it's valid until July 15. After that, Nice can ask for the amount they want."

Speaking at Motspur Park on Thursday morning, Seri told the club's website: "It was a long day yesterday so it was great to get the move finalised.

"Now, I'm ready to get started and looking forward to meeting the squad and getting to know them, the Head Coach and his staff better.

https://www.teamtalk.com/news/major-coup-for-fulham-as-they-sign-e35m-liverpool-arsenal-target

WhiteJC

Fulham completes deal for Seri

It's official: Jean Seri is the newest player for Fulham. The Ivorian midfielder has signed a €20 million deal to join the Premier League squad. He spent the past three seasons with Nice and showed consistent growth, appearing 101 times and scoring 11 goals.

https://gianlucadimarzio.com/en/fulham-completes-deal-for-seri

WhiteJC

Jean-Michael Seri's first words as a Fulham player as the Whites secure their first signing

The 26-year-old has signed a four-year deal with the option a further year at Craven Cottage.

Jean-Michael Seri is 'delighted' to undergo his new adventure at Fulham after signing for the club from Nice.

The 26-year-old has signed a four-year deal, with the option of a fifth, at Craven Cottage to become the club's first signing of the summer transfer window as they prepare for the Premier League.

Fulham beat the likes of Chelsea to the Ivory Coast international's signature it what is a real coup for the west London side ahead of the new season, with Seri even linked with Barcelona last summer.

It's a real statement of intent from the club as they look to make their mark on the top flight this season.

Seri said: "It was a long day yesterday so it was great to get the move finalised.

Meanwhile, the club's Director of Football Operations, Tony Khan said: "I'm delighted to announce that Fulham Football Club has signed midfielder Jean Michaël Seri from Nice.

Jean-Michael Seri

"Jean Michaël arrives with Premier League qualities as well as great promise for the future, which is why he has been at the very top of our target list for a long time.

"So, this is a big day for everyone associated with Fulham and working at Motspur Park, and I trust all Fulham supporters are collectively as thrilled and ecstatic as we are that Jean Michaël will be joining our squad as we return home to the Premier League."

https://www.football.london/fulham-fc/jean-michael-seris-first-words-14899056

WhiteJC

Fulham beat Chelsea, Arsenal and Napoli to €30m Seri signing

The 26-year-old has completed his switch to the Premier League side, subject to getting a work permit

Fulham have confirmed that they have won the race to sign Jean Michael Seri from Nice.

The midfielder had hoped to make a move to Napoli, but, instead, the London side have succeeded in capturing a player who had courted interest from both Arsenal and Chelsea previously.

While no figure for the deal has been officially released, it is thought that he will cost the Cottagers around €30 million (£26.5m/$35m).

The 26-year-old had a release clause of €40 million (£35m/$47m) that expired on July 15 and it is thought West Ham were also seriously interested in him.

The Ivory Coast international has arrived on a four-year deal with the option of one more, subject to him receiving a work permit.

http://www.goal.com/en/news/fulham-beat-chelsea-arsenal-and-napoli-to-30m-seri-signing/k70s9o8duexm1402qfw8tvq6p