watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Tuesday Fulham Stuff (17/07/18)...

Started by WhiteJC, July 17, 2018, 06:36:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

WhiteJC

These really are exciting times at Fulham as they gear up for Premier League return

Fulham have followed up their Play-Off Final success with their first two signings of the summer both from OCG Nice; Jean Michael Seri; and Maxime Le Marchand collating fees in excess of £30m.

Many football fans have been scratching their heads in disbelief wondering how Fulham pulled this transfer off? Jean Michael Seri had been linked to virtually all of the top six of the Premier League and it wasn't just England where he caught the eye as Barcelona were also heavily linked last summer, yet it was the Lilywhites who sealed the deal.

It's not hard to see why Seri and his ex-OCG Nice teammate Le Marchand were attracted to Craven Cottage. Slavisa Jokanovic has them playing an attractive brand of football build around possession and high-pressing, explaining why Neil Warnock fittingly labelled them "the Manchester City of the Championship".

Even with two big arrivals, it won't be easy to prize first-team spots away from those who so rightfully gained ownership of them in England's second tier. Centre-back partnership Tim Ream and Denis Odoi have been mainstays at the back with both making over 40 appearances in the Championship.

However, the pair, aged 30, will not be able to do so yet again with the intensity of the Premier League so Le Marchand's arrival takes the onus off the ever-present pair and will allow both to rest.

It's expected that Seri is likely to take up either the '6' role when playing the lesser possession-based teams when they can control from the off, however, when playing the more technically advanced sides, Seri may feature as one of the two advanced playmakers helping thread the forwards in and retain possession when they can. Both signings show signals of intent.

https://www.footballtransfertavern.com/premier-league/fulham/these-really-are-exciting-times-at-fulham-as-they-gear-up-for-premier-league-return/

WhiteJC

Le Marchand 'loved' his Fulham debut
by Dan on July 16, 2018

Maxime Le Marchand 'loved' his Fulham debut – even if it was only 45 minutes in a goalless draw on Saturday against Reading at Aldershot.

The French defender displayed his versatility moments into his first appearance, beginning at left back against the Royals before an early injury to Tim Ream saw him step into central defence. Le Marchand, who signed for Fulham from Nice last week, told Football.London after the final whistle that he was thrilled with his first action in a Fulham shirt:

I loved it, even though it was just 45 minutes, I was able to get a feeling for what it is like to play in this league and in this country. It's something that I really appreciated and I hope that I will be able to give my best to this team.

The new signing believes he's settling in well at Craven Cottage – and thinks it is a bonus to have his former Nice team-mate Jean-Michael Seri, who watched from the stands at the weekend, alongside him.

I've been made to feel very welcome by everyone at the club and the players and I'm really happy to be here with this team. I'm very happy to be with him [Jean-Michael Seri] here, he is a friend and he has a philosophy which is the way that I like to play as well. I'm very happy that he is here with me.

Le Marchand revealed that he took the opportunity to ask new Nice manager and former Arsenal legend Patrick Vieira, who revitalised his career in England, about Fulham before agreeing to the transfer.

I've watched them and spoken to a lot of people about Fulham, even at Nice, Patrick Vieira said they were a very good team that attack well and keep the ball and have a very good style of play. It is entirely my game, I like making these passes and that's what I like working on. The people around me, correspond to how I like to play, Tom, Stef is a really good guy and he plays like me.

The 28 year-old defender feels his lack of fluency in English won't hold him back for too long.

I know some words in football, 'on your back', 'left', 'right', and 'come on guys' and that's enough for the time being. The first stop is to play well, to help the club develop and play as well, to have a good time and prolong our stay as much as possible in the Premier League.

http://hammyend.com/index.php/2018/07/le-marchand-loved-his-fulham-debut/

WhiteJC

Spurs, Liverpool stunned as Fulham ready bid for £44m target

Premier League newcomers Fulham are reportedly ready to launch an audacious bid to land Bordeaux star Malcom.

The west London side – who earned promotion to the top flight in the play-off final – have already completed the impressive signing Ivorian midfielder Jean-Michael Seri from French side Nice.

Now, according to The Sun, the Cottagers are "prepared to go head-to-head with Italian giants Inter Milan" for the Sao Paulo born forward.

Tottenham, Liverpool, Arsenal, Chelsea and Manchester United have all been linked with the 21-year-old.

Spurs were understood to have reignited their interest in the £43million-rated forward, according to Football.London, but they will have to move quickly because Inter are ready to move.

Sky Italia claim the San Siro club are set to make a loan offer for Malcom – offering £7m to sign Malcom for the year, before paying a further payment of £28m to make the move permanent next summer.

Malcom has become one of the most sought after young attackers in European football, scoring 12 goals and providing seven assists in 35 games last season.

https://www.teamtalk.com/news/spurs-liverpool-stunned-as-fulham-ready-ambitious-bid-for-44m-target

WhiteJC

Fantasy Football Potential – Jean Seri

Fulham have made the signing of highly rated Nice midfielder Jean Michael Seri. The Ivorian joins Fulham for a fee believed to be worth £27 million. It's a surprising move for Seri as the likes of PSG and Barcelona were reportedly interested in the midfielder.

Like Fulham, Seri has Europa League experience, 15 games to be exact. He has gone one step further, but has just four Champions League qualification games under his belt. He spent the first part of his career at Portuguese outfit Pacos Ferreira where he played a more defensive role and scored just twice in 54 games.

Seri said:

"It was a long day yesterday so it was great to get the move finalised. Now, I'm ready to get started and looking forward to meeting the squad and getting to know them, the Head Coach and his staff better. I'm delighted to be here, it's a new adventure that starts for me and I'm hoping it will all go well."

Fantasy Premier League Potential (5.5m)

After moving to France with Nice he seemingly was pushed slightly further forward as his scoring record shows. He scored a dozen goals in 103 matches in the Ligue 1 with 23 assists on top of that, giving him a very good goal involvement to game ratio.

His FPL potential depends on how Slavisa Jokanovic deploys the midfielder. His £5.5m price tag does make him intriguing and 1.7% of managers already own him. That said, it maye be wise to wait until we know for sure where he will be playing in this exciting Fulham side.

Fulham's first five fixtures are as follows: Crystal Palace (H), Tottenham (A), Burnley (H), Brighton (A) and Manchester City (A). It's a tough beginning for Fulham but Seri should be up to the task against some world class players.

http://fplupdates.com/fpl-potential/fantasy-football-potential-jean-seri/

WhiteJC

Tottenham Tickets On Sale

Tickets for Fulham's first Premier League away game of the 18/19 season are now on sale to Season Ticket Holders and Members with 700 or more loyalty points.

The Whites return to Wembley Stadium for the first time since our Play-Off Final victory on Saturday 18th August to take on Tottenham Hotspur with kick-off at 3pm.

On sale dates are staggered via Loyalty Points, culminating with all Season Ticket Holders and Members being able to purchase - subject to availability from Wednesday 25th July.

Supporters are advised to check the full on-sale schedule with Loyalty Points information below.

On Sale Date    On Sale Group
10am, Monday 16th July     Season Ticket Holders & Members with 700+ points (1 per person)
10am, Tuesday 17th July    Season Ticket Holders & Members with 600+ points (1 per person)
10am, Wednesday 18th July     Season Ticket Holders & Members with 500+ points (1 per person)
10am, Thursday 19th July    

Season Ticket Holders & Members with 400+ points (1 per person)
10am, Friday 20th July    Season Ticket Holders & Members with 300+ points (1 per person)
10am, Monday 23rd July    Season Ticket Holders & Members with 200+ points (1 per person)
10am, Tuesday 24th July    Season Ticket Holders & Members with 100+ points (1 per person)
10am, Wednesday 25th July    All Season Ticket Holders & Members (1 per person)

Tickets are priced at £30 for adults, £19 for over 65s, £22.50 for under 22s and £17 for Under 18s.
Back Slaviša Jokanović's side at the national stadium- fans can purchase now online, by telephone on 0203 871 0810 (opt 1) or in person from the Fulham Ticket Office.

http://www.fulhamfc.com/news/2018/july/16/tottenham-on-sale

WhiteJC

Singapore's first Premier League recruit must first do national service

Benjamin currently plays for Fulham's Under-18 team

The first Singaporean footballer to sign a professional contract with an English Premier League club has been denied the chance to defer mandatory military service.

Benjamin Davis, 17, who has a two-year deal with Fulham, had applied to defer from national service (NS).

Authorities said that he did not "meet the criteria for deferment".

But Davis's father said it was "unrealistic" that he would be expected to take two years out of football.

All Singaporean men over 18 have to serve in either the armed forces, the police or the civil defence force for two years as part of their NS requirements. Benjamin turns 18 this November.

"As all male Singaporeans liable for full-time NS put aside personal pursuits to dutifully enlist... it would not be fair to approve applications for deferment for individuals to pursue their own careers and development," said the Ministry of Defence in a statement.

"In sports, deferments are granted only to those who represent Singapore in international competitions like the Olympic Games and are potential medal winners for Singapore."

Benjamin joined Fulham on a two-year scholarship last year. He signed a professional contract this month, becoming the first Singaporean to do so with a top-level English club. He currently plays for Fulham's Under-18 team.

The Premier League has a strong following in Singapore and many in the city state are unhappy with the decision over Davis.

Harvey Davis told the BBC that his son was looking to appeal against the defence ministry's decision.

"I think it's unrealistic to expect someone to take two years out from a professional football career and then just step back in afterwards," he said. "At this critical stage, it just doesn't make any sense."

Mr Davis added: "We understand the importance of serving NS. My oldest son has already served and Benjamin will serve... [but it's] a matter of timing."

Philippe Aw, a Singaporean professional football coach, told the BBC that the two years of service would "affect [Benjamin's] development, for sure."

"It is possible to serve NS and train for football, but they cannot train like a professional and it will slow down their development," he said. "NS men need to perform their duties then train, and then work again. Their bodies will not recover to an optimum state."

'Denied an amazing opportunity'
On social media, many spoke out against the decision to deny the NS deferment.

"This boy is denied an amazing opportunity. I am [at a] loss for words," said one user on Facebook.

"Can NS be more flexible? This is our only chance [to] succeed in the English Premier League," another added.

Some also pointed out that Singapore's deputy prime minister had praised World Cup champions France in a Facebook post for producing home-grown football players.

"[There's] no need to stay in Singapore if you feel pastures are better elsewhere," one person said.

Benjamin currently holds Thai, British and Singaporean passports - his mother is Thai and his father is originally from the UK.

When asked if Benjamin would give up his Singapore citizenship, Mr Davis said: "I wouldn't know what choice we would have if we are forced into that position.

"Ben wants to play for Singapore, he feels he can contribute and make Singapore proud. But if he isn't given the chance, then how can he do this?"

Singapore has in the past granted NS deferments to three athletes. One of them was swimmer Joseph Schooling, who went on to win the nation's first ever Olympic gold medal at the 2016 Games.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-asia-44843403

WhiteJC

Just days after Everton and Fulham links, Andre Carrillo is reportedly bound for the Middle East

The former Watford winger is said to have been a target for two ex-Hornets bosses at Everton and Fulham.

Just days after being linked with moves to Everton and Fulham, Andre Carrillo is heading to the middle east after leaving Watford.

Carrillo spent last season on loan to the Hornets from Benfica, where he was reunited with Marco Silva, the now Everton manager.

Journal Record reported earlier this month that Silva was ready to 'ramp up' his interest in the Peruvian winger, although Libero later claimed Everton's pursuit was under threat from Fulham, who were prepared to double his wages to around £65,000 a week and whose own boss, Slavisa Jokanovic, was previously employed by Watford.

But according to A Bola, Carrillo is on his way to Al Hilal instead, despite his initial reluctance to play for the Saudi side, who will pay €4 million (£3.5 million) to loan him for a year and have a purchase option of €20 million (£17.65 million).

Carrillo played 30 times for Watford last season, scoring or assisting on four occasions, although it would appear that he will not line up against them - for neither Everton nor Fulham - this campaign.

http://www.hitc.com/en-gb/2018/07/16/just-days-after-everton-and-fulham-links-andre-carrillo-is-repor/

WhiteJC

Home Games On Sale

Season Ticket Holders can now secure up to two additional tickets each for Fulham's first three 2018/19 Premier League home games.

With less than four weeks until the Premier League campaign kicks-off, tickets are now available for Season Ticket Holders to buy.

Fulham begin the new season against Roy Hodgson's Crystal Palace on Saturday 11th August (3pm), before the home league fixtures in SW6 against Burnley on Saturday 25th August (3pm) and Watford on Saturday 22nd September (12:30pm).

With Season Ticket Holders' seat guaranteed, why not bring your friends and family to sample Premier League action at the Cottage, with tickets priced from £25 adults and £10 juniors.

Tickets are available to now online, by phone on 0203 871 0810 (opt 1) or in person from the Fulham Ticket Office.

http://www.fulhamfc.com/news/2018/july/16/home-games-on-sale

WhiteJC

African Xavi: What does Jean-Michael Seri bring to Fulham?

Jean-Michael Seri joined Fulham for a club-record fee.

With fans anxious over transfer inactivity, Fulham scouts embarked on an odd trip to France. The Cottagers toured around Paris but preferred the beaches on the coast, ultimately settling in Nice. On their return, two of the Riviera's most-valuable assets came long. 

Maxime Le Marchand was one. The other was Jean-Michael Seri. The latter's club-record deal seems the real coup. His capture could be compared to Jean Tigana luring Edwin van der Sar to Fulham from Juventus in 2001. That signing really announced the newly-promoted side.

In the past 12 months, Seri has been linked with several top sides, most notably, Barcelona, Paris Saint-Germain, Manchester United and Chelsea. Barca allegedly agreed on a deal with OGC Nice last summer before growing cold feet at the last minute.

The rave about Seri wasn't born from mere media hype, though. The midfielder grew in stature over the years. His influence helped the Cote d'Azur club to respectable Ligue 1 finishes in the last three seasons. In 2016/17 he scored seven goals and created nine assists. Xavi is a big fan.

He is fantastic. He has what they call the Barca DNA. No doubt.

Paying dues
Seri played his youth football at the ASEC Mimosas academy in Cote d'Ivoire, learning his trade with the Ivorian heavyweights before joining Porto on loan in 2012. It is the breakthrough hoped for by every African footballer but the midfielder's time at Estádio do Dragio was an utter disaster. Forced to train with reserves, Seri didn't get a look.

In the end, the Dragons passed up the opportunity for his signature. Fellow Liga Nos side Pacos de Ferreira stepped in. With his intelligent play, technical quality and fine passing range, Seri became an instant hit. It was clear he was destined for greater things. Two years later, the 26-year-old was on the move again to Nice.

What will he bring to Fulham?
A 'jack of all trades' who offers cover in defence and an outlet for the attack, Seri is best as a deep-lying midfielder. With his array of passes, he dictates tempo. He racked up the most accurate passes (2,328) in Ligue 1 last season, posting a 90% success rate. 

For Seri, it's all about creating chances. According to Whoscored, his 37 attempted through balls was seventh-best in France's top tier. Take away Paris Saint-Germain players, he moves up to third behind Dimitri Payet (63) and Florian Thauvin (59), two players traditionally deployed higher up the pitch.

He's not the strongest nor tallest but harries opponents into mistakes. The Ivorian uses his low centre of gravity to advantage. In 16/17, he completed 89% of his attempted take-ons and won 63.89% of tackles.

How will he fit?
With its possession-based attacking style, Seri is perfect for the Cottagers. No side in the Championship displayed as much composure on the ball as Slavisa Jokanovic's team. The  Lodnoners played with confidence, unafraid to take the game to the opposition. Jokanovic played three across the middle of the park; Tom Cairney, Stefan Johansen and Kevin McDonald. With the Ivorian in town, one could lose his place.

With Seri and Ryan Sessegnon, Craven Cottage faithful should be entertained this season.

http://www.itsroundanditswhite.co.uk/articles/african-xavi-what-does-jean-michael-seri-bring-to-fulham

WhiteJC

McDonald discussing new Fulham deal
by Dan on July 16, 2018

Kevin McDonald is in talks with Fulham about extending his stay at Craven Cottage, according to reports this morning.

The Scottish international has moved into the final year of his current deal with the Whites and Fulham are keen to tie the experienced midfielder down to a long-term contract. Should the current discussions prove successful, McDonald would join club captain Tom Cairney and defender Tim Ream in committing his future to Fulham this summer. The club are keen to retain their key players ahead of their return to the top flight next month.

The 29 year-old has been a revelation playing in front of Slavisa Jokanovic's back four since joining Fulham from Wolves in August 2016. His reading of the game, robust tackling and precise passing made him a perfect fit for the midfield that Jokanovic reshaped and McDonald played a key role as Fulham won promotion via the play-offs, narrowly beating Aston Villa at Wembley back in May.

McDonald, who has previous top flight experience with Burnley, is highly valued at Fulham for his leadership qualities and importance in the dressing room. He has become a firm favourite with the fans and his team-mates alike, making 94 appearances and scoring six goals in his two years in west London. The experienced midfielder has sat out Fulham's first two pre-season friendlies with a minor injury, but is expected to feature during Fulham's tour of France this week.

http://hammyend.com/index.php/2018/07/mcdonald-discussing-new-fulham-deal/

WhiteJC

Fenerbahce's Comolli looking to snatch Mitrovic from Newcastle, alternative to Fulham move

Turkish newspaper Takvim report Fenerbahce sporting director Damien Comolli is looking to sign Newcastle United forward Aleksandar Mitrovic.

Takvim say Comolli has identified Mitrovic as a target and the Frenchman has held talks with Newcastle United over a potential move.

Mitrovic impressed when loaned out for the second half of the season to Fulham and there have been reports Slavisa Jokanovic's side want him to have him back at Craven Cottage for next season.

Last season the Serbian scored 12 goals in 17 games for Fulham, helping them to  Premier League promotion via the play offs.

According to Takvim, Fenerbahce are looking to loan the Newcastle United player, and talks for the Serbian international are expected to continue over the course of this week.

Mitrovic has previously been linked with a move to Besiktas before his loan move to Fulham and the player is under contract with Newcastle United until 2020.

http://sportwitness.co.uk/club-chief-holds-talks-sign-newcastle-united-forward/

WhiteJC

Malcom would be a phenomenal signing for Fulham

Fulham are reportedly interested in signing Bordeaux ace Malcom.

According to a report from the Sun, Fulham are plotting a quite frankly audacious move for Bordeaux winger Malcom this summer, and if they manage to sign the Brazilian, it really would be a huge statement of intent from the Cottagers.

Inter Milan, Tottenham and Arsenal have all been credited with an interest in Malcom, according to the Sun, with the Italian club allegedly submitting an £8.8m loan offer to the French club with an option to buy for £26.5m next summer.

Bordeaux value Malcom at around £45 million, though, so the door is still open for Fulham, should they wish to bring him to Craven Cottage.

The 21-year-old was in fine form for the French outfit last season, chalking up 12 goals and eight assists in 38 appearances in all competitions.

He showcased his incredible talent on a consistent basis, and he really does have the potential to go on and become one of the best wingers in the game.

Malcom can play anywhere along the front-line, and he possesses exceptional technique, combined with a direct style of play that would undoubtedly help Fulham improve upon the potency of their play in the final third.

The Brazilian is full of flair, skill and trickery, and he would fit right in at Craven Cottage alongside Ryan Sessegnon.

Whether Fulham can beat some of Europe's big hitters in the race for his signature, however, remains to be seen.

If Slaviša Jokanović can work his magic though, and manages to bring Malcom to west London, it would be a quite simply phenomenal signing for the club.

http://www.hitc.com/en-gb/2018/07/16/malcom-would-be-a-phenomenal-signing-for-fulham/

WhiteJC

Button Departs

The Club can confirm that goalkeeper David Button has joined Brighton & Hove Albion for an undisclosed fee.

The keeper joins the Seagulls after two years in SW6, during which time he made 60 appearances in all competitions.

The Club would like to thank David for his contribution and wishes him well for the future.

http://www.fulhamfc.com/news/2018/july/16/button-departure

WhiteJC

Brighton sign goalkeeper David Button from Fulham
The 29-year-old signs on a three-year deal for an undisclosed fee

Brighton have signed goalkeeper David Button from Fulham on a three-year deal for an undisclosed fee.

The 29-year-old is Brighton's fifth first-team signing of the summer transfer window.

Brighton manager Chris Hughton said, "We're delighted to bring a goalkeeper of David's experience to the club.

"With Christian Walton and Robert Sanchez going out on loan this season, we felt we needed someone to provide further competition for places in that area of the team.

"He has a wealth of experience, having made over 300 appearances during his career so far, and I'm sure he will work well with Maty Ryan and Jason Steele."

Button began his career at Tottenham, before loan spells with a number of sides including Shrewsbury and Plymouth.

The former England U20 international joined Charlton in 2012, before a switch to Brentford.

Button made over 140 appearances across three seasons at Griffin Park - playing all of the side's league matches in both the 2014-15 campaign and the following 2015-16 season - before joining Fulham that summer.

He made over 60 appearances for Slavisa Jokanovic's side, including 20 games last season, as Fulham gained promotion to the Premier League via the play-offs.

http://www.skysports.com/football/news/11741/11439048/brighton-sign-goalkeeper-david-button-from-fulham

WhiteJC

Button joins Brighton
by Dan on July 16, 2018

Fulham goalkeeper David Button has joined Brighton and Hove Albion for a fee believed to be in the region of £4m, the club have confirmed this evening.

The news concludes Albion's summer-long pursuit of the Cottagers' goalkeeper as back up to Australian international Mat Ryan. Button, who came through the ranks at Tottenham's academy, has signed a three-year contract with Chris Hughton's side and is thought to be excited about getting another opportunity at Premier League level after falling down the Fulham pecking order last season.

Hughton told Brighton's official website this evening:

We're delighted to bring a goalkeeper of David's experience to the club. With Christian Walton and Robert Sanchez going out on loan this season, we felt we needed someone to provide further competition for places in that area of the team.
    He has a wealth of experience, having made over 300 appearances during his career so far, and I'm sure he will work well with Maty Ryan and Jason Steele.

Button moves to the south coast after spending two years in SW6, following a free transfer from Fulham's local rivals Brentford in July 2016. The 29 year-old goalkeeper arrived at Craven Cottage as Slavisa Jokanovic's first choice and made 60 first-team appearances, but was dropped towards the end of Fulham's 2016/2017 campaign after costly mistakes in a defeat at Derby County. Button regained his place from Marcus Bettinelli at the start of last season but was replaced by the Fulham academy graduate after an error in the defeat at Griffin Park last December and spent the remainder of the season on the substitutes' bench.

Fulham have been in the market for a goalkeeper to challenge Bettinelli for the number one jersey as they prepare for their top flight return, with the club being heavily linked with moves for the former Brighton and Newcastle stopper Tim Krul and Besiktas' Spanish custodian Fabri.

http://hammyend.com/index.php/2018/07/button-joins-brighton/

WhiteJC

Fulham interested in River Plate playmaker
by Dan on July 16, 2018

Fulham are one of a number of English clubs interested in River Plate playmaker Gonzalo Martinez, according to reports coming out of Argentina today.

The Premier League new boys join Lazio, Southampton, Tottenham and Everton are all keen on signing the highly-rated 25 year-old attacking midfielder. Various reports from Argentina claim that Martinez's agent is currently on a European tour speaking to potential suitors, with River Plate resigned to losing one of their prized assets should anyone match Martinez's €15m release clause.

Martinez has scored 23 goals and made 23 more in 158 appearances for River Plate and will avoid the usual work permit travails of south American imports to Europe as he holds an Italian passport. The left-footed midfielder, known by the nickname 'Pity' in his homeland, burst onto the national side by helping Huracan win the Copa Argentina in 2015. He soon moved to River Plate and quickly established himself in the feted Millonario side of 2015 that won the Copa Libertadores and were beaten by Barcelona in the Club World Championship final.

Despite enduring a difficult 2016 at El Monumental, Gonzalez won his way back into the hearts of the River Plate by delivering devastating individual performances as his side won two Superclásicos against Boca Juniors and has now rediscovered the consistency of his earlier years. A versatile attacking midfielder, equally comfortable operating as an orthodox left winger or behind the strikers, Gonzalez is renowned for his dribbling ability and taking on defenders.

Slavisa Jokanovic is known to be seeking reinforcements in attacking areas but it remains to be seen whether Fulham would be interested in activating a hefty release clause for a player who is untried in Europe.

http://hammyend.com/index.php/2018/07/fulham-interested-in-river-plate-playmaker/

WhiteJC

David Button: Brighton sign goalkeeper from Fulham

Button played 20 games last season as Fulham won promotion from the Championship

Brighton have signed goalkeeper David Button from Fulham for an undisclosed fee.

The 29-year-old joins the Seagulls on a three-year deal to become the club's fifth signing of the summer.

Manager Chris Hughton said Button would "provide further competition" for Mathew Ryan and Jason Steele.

"He has a wealth of experience with over 300 appearances during his career," said Hughton. "I'm sure he will work well with Maty and Jason."

Button began his professional career at Tottenham and played for 11 clubs on loan before moving to Charlton permanently in 2012.

He joined Fulham from Brentford in 2016 and played 20 games last season to help Slavisa Jokanovic's side win promotion to the Premier League via the play-offs.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/44851295

WhiteJC

ON THE BUTTON Brighton and Hove Albion confirm signing of Fulham goalkeeper David Button for undisclosed fee

The 29-year-old has signed a three-year deal at the Amex Stadium

David Button has joined Brighton and Hove Albion from Fulham on a three-year deal.

The 29-year-old former Tottenham man arrives at the Amex Stadium for an undisclosed fee.

"He has a wealth of experience, having made over 300 appearances during his career so far, and I'm sure he will work well with Matt Ryan and Jason Steele," manager Chris Hughton said.

Button becomes the Seagulls' second keeper to sing for the club this month after Jason Steele, and he insisted he was happy to fight for his place.+

He told the club's official website: "There's a lot of competition in my position and I want to be a part of that.

https://talksport.com/football/400662/brighton-and-hove-albion-confirm-signing-of-fulham-goalkeeper-david-button-for-undisclosed-fee/

WhiteJC

Fulham make £1.3m bid for Roberto
by Dan on July 16, 2018

Fulham have made a £1.3m for Espanyol goalkeeper Roberto Jimenez, according to reports from Spain.

The 32 year-old goalkeeper spent last season on loan with Malaga, keeping six clean sheets in 34 league appearances for the Anchovies, although the club were relegated having finished rock bottom of La Liga. The experienced goalkeeper is likely to leave La Rosaleda this summer as he is deemed surplus to requirements and Malaga are looking to reduce their wage bill ahead of the new season.

Jimenez, a former Spanish under-21 international more commonly known as Roberto, began his career with Atletico Madrid and returned to his first club in 2009. He was part of the Atletico squad that famously reached the Europa League final the following year, although spent the second year of the season helping Real Zaragoza avoid relegation from the La Liga on loan. The goalkeeper then endured a disappointing spell at Benfica, before making a return to Zaragoza as the number one goalkeeper and ensuring the Aragonese stayed up on the final day of the season.

Greek giants Olympiakos signed Roberto on loan in 2013 and the goalkeeper helped the club when back-to-back domestic titles. On the European stage, Roberto turned in an inspired performance to keep a clean sheet against his former club Benfica in the Champions' League and produced a brilliant display in a 1-0 win over Juventus in the same competition the following year, but Olympiakos failed to get out of the group stages on both occasions.

The Spanish press reports claim that Roberto would be offered the same wage as he currently earns at Espanyol and that he would become Fulham's number one goalkeeper, usurping academy graduate Marcus Bettinelli ahead of the Whites' return to the Premier League next month. Fulham are definitely in the market for a new keeper, with David Button having completed a move to Brighton and Hove Albion earlier this evening. It remains to be seen whether both Espanyol and Roberto will agree to the proposed deal – or whether Fulham will look to secure other targets.

http://hammyend.com/index.php/2018/07/fulham-make-1-3m-bid-for-roberto/

WhiteJC

Fulham Looking To Sign 27 Y/O Winger From Benfica: What Can He Add To Jokanovic's Squad?

Fulham are looking to bring in reinforcements to their squad and are currently being linked with a move for Andre Carrillo of Benfica. The Peruvian winger spent the last season on loan with English club Watford and it seems like the Cottagers are impressed with what the 27-year-old has to offer.

It is also believed that Marco Silva was keen on bringing him to Everton, having worked with him earlier at Vicarage Road. With Fulham coming into the picture, things could turn out to be interesting in the next few weeks. The Peruvian impressed at the World Cup and the Cottagers are now in the hunt to bring him to Craven Cottage.

Fulham secured the promotion after winning the playoffs. At one time it seems like they had lost the chance for promotion as they missed the opportunity to qualify directly after losing on the final day. However, Jokanovic was able to regroup his team for the playoffs and they went all the way to secure the win.

The Lilywhites will be aware that the real test will be in staying in the Premier League and they will need to add reinforcements to the squad if they want to continue their rise in English football.

Last season at Watford, he had made 30 appearances in all competitions and managed a haul of two goals and two assists. Carrillo is known for his bursting pace and acceleration. However, he needs to bring more composure and street smartness to his game as he often fails to deliver the goods when he finds himself in scoring positions.

Fulham have a strong left winger in Ryan Sessegnon who started out as a fullback. Credit goes to the Serbian manager as he realised the true potential of the youngster and deployed him further up the pitch. Carrillo, if brought into the team, will play down the right wing and the two of them can cause a lot of problems to the opposition defence given their pace.

The 27-year-old has failed to establish himself at Benfica and his last season at Watford was also average. However, having gotten the experience of the Premier League, we can expect him to take his game a notch higher from here onwards. If the player just manages to add a little bit of goal threat to his game, he will become more lethal. Jokanovic will certainly hope the same, though, he will first have to get his man as Everton are also in the race to sign the Peruvian.

https://the4thofficial.net/2018/07/fulham-looking-to-sign-27-yo-winger-from-benfica-what-can-he-add-to-jokanovics-squad/