watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Player Ratings v Sampdoria

Started by MrFFC, August 02, 2018, 12:26:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MrFFC

I went to the game so I thought I would share my thoughts with the fans who couldn't make the game.

Fabri 6 - Jury out for me. Always tries to play the ball he is a certain upgrade to Button but I feel safer when Bettinelli is the GK.

Fossey 8 - Very impressive performance from the youngster I feel he has good talent although his crossing needs work.

Odoi 7 - Solid game from Odoi. Caught out with the ball over the top a few times but overall I felt he was solid.

Le Marchand 8 - Really like the look of him. Comfortable on the ball & very similar to Ream. Him & Real will push each other all season which can only be good. Certainly better at CB than LB.

S Sessegnon 7 - Another one who impressed. Always had to cut inside which stopped him being a real threat but I thought he was solid , showed good pace & linked well with Schurrle.

Cairney 6 - Quiet game from the captain. Kept the ball well without taking any risks or having too much influence on the game.

McDonald 6 - Solid from KMac. Felt we missed him when he left the field.

Ciise 7 - Shock start for Ciise with everyone expecting Seri. Ciise played well he looked sharper than usual.

Schurrle 8 - Our best attacking player in the 1st half thought he looked dangerous cutting in from the left wing. Good signing.

De La Torre 7 - Final ball could have been better but a good performance was direct & has quick feet. Good talent who has a decent chance of breaking through this year.

Fonte 5 - Gave it his all but unfortunately was shrugged off the ball with ease & was little goal threat. He certainly isn't a number 9 in a 4-3-3 formation.

Subs

Christie 5 - Little time on pitch but solid at the back but didn't get forward like he usually does.

Ream 5 - Comfortable on ball like usual although he gave the ball away for the Sampdoria winner.

R Sessegnon 5 - Little impact from LB. Simply has to be LM against Palace.

Johansen 5 - Forced play giving the ball away a lot but always felt he may score. Not his best game.

Seri 6 - Gave the ball away also a few times but settled in to the game certainly has class. Hope he starts the game against Vigo Saturday.

Kebano 6 - Another lively showing from the nippy winger who is making it difficult for Joka to ignore.

Kamara 5 - Little impact on the game although his direct fullness caused them a few problems at the back I felt.

Mitro 5 - Needs minutes Saturday for me. Looked rusty but we certainly looked more threat with him on as he is always in the box & we became more of a physical presence.

Overall it was a good workout. Showed what we already know we 3/4 signings away from this squad being complete. Good performances from a Ciise De La Torre & Fossey aswell I thought. Our lack of goals is a slight concern. Roll on Celta Vigo Saturday
Come on you Whites!! :)

..FOF..

Glad to hear that the youngsters are doing well.

Thank you for the report!

Milo

Very helpful! Thank you.

Do not understand our pre season squad choices so far.
Eg Cisse didn't get a sniff in the league below suddenly getting game time? Surely without any intention to play him this season so why bother?

Schurrle at LW when Sess will surely start there?

We are doing some excellent business in the transfer window but that leaves us grossly open to the age old issue - our team needs time to gel! They can't gel if they aren't playing together in their correct positions for at least 45 minutes in most if not all pre-season games. Fear we will not start playing our fluid, game dominating football til Christmas at this rate.. and there won't be any Burtons to bang 6 in against and regain our confidence this time around! (Cardiff excluded.. ho ho ho).

The Rock

We sounded awful. Saturday will be a proper starting 11 and test I hope.

Woolly Mammoth

Well pleased for the youngsters who played to show competition for places.
We need a good work out on Saturday against stiff opposition, and we may get a better picture of how our starting eleven is shaping.
Glad to see Kebano knocking on the door, cannot see Fonte getting too many opportunities.
Fossey looks a very good prospect, and has caught the eye. The next ten days is all about conditioning, and preparation and getting organised for the visit of Palace, and this Saturday's match is an integral part of our preparation. 
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

@jolslover

Quote from: The Rock on August 02, 2018, 12:37:11 AM

We weren't awful.
Biggest shock for me probably how solid Cisse looked. Based on that surprised he didn't get more champ minutes.
Fossey looks a good prospect but perhaps next year is too soon for him. Similar to Fredericks in that he likes to run at defenders.
STH H3

fulhamben

Quote from: @jolslover on August 02, 2018, 07:36:25 AM

We weren't awful.
Biggest shock for me probably how solid Cisse looked. Based on that surprised he didn't get more champ minutes.
Fossey looks a good prospect but perhaps next year is too soon for him. Similar to Fredericks in that he likes to run at defenders.
you say that, but I honestly can't remember cisse playing badly, granted he has only had limited appearances
CHRIS MARTIN IS SO BAD,  WE NOW PRAISE HIM FOR MAKING A RUN.

Facts Not Fiction

Quote from: fulhamben on August 02, 2018, 08:11:38 AM

We weren't awful.
you say that, but I honestly can't remember cisse playing badly, granted he has only had limited appearances

When Cisse was playing the Johansen role, he did better than I expected. Doesn't have the passing range, but he works hard. When he dropped back when KMac came off, he wasn't as good.

MJG

Quote from: fulhamben on August 02, 2018, 08:11:38 AM

We weren't awful.
Cisse did 'ok' last season but then fell out of favour and didnt get the loan he wanted in January.
When he did play his main failing that I saw was he tended to take that little bit longer to realse the ball passing wise. Hes a big lad and as we have seen quickness of thought and feet is required the way he play. If hes been able to work on that side of his game hopefully he will prove to be a useful member of the squad.
Just the views of a long term fan

hongkongfulham

I think Cisse is a solid enough player and will end up being used rather than us signing another DM after the money we have already spent. Couldn't get a sniff last year due to our trio being undroppable 2nd half of the season but has enough pedigree to be our 5th choice CM behind TC, KMac, Seri, Stefjo.

filham

Sounds to me as if we are still playing keep fit but surely on Saturday we will have to field our likely first eleven for at least 45 minutes in an attempt to get a team playing together and to score a goal or two.

Right now it seems as if we are a ragged incomplete outfit who Roy will tactically destroy in the opening Premier match.

MJG

Quote from: filham on August 02, 2018, 10:28:48 AM
Sounds to me as if we are still playing keep fit but surely on Saturday we will have to field our likely first eleven for at least 45 minutes in an attempt to get a team playing together and to score a goal or two.

Right now it seems as if we are a ragged incomplete outfit who Roy will tactically destroy in the opening Premier match.
Last season 8 (might have been 9 if Betts had not got injured) of the starting lineup against Wolfsburg started the follwing week, its an indicatr but thats all.
Just the views of a long term fan