more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Two Million Really?

Started by garyclashcityrocker, July 25, 2018, 11:21:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

wheelerdeeler

To quote exactly what I said in the transfer thread

"I know some will say we're being tight etc. but it makes perfect sense if you think about it. Newcastle need to sell to buy, they want Rondon as the replacement for Mitrovic, Rondon's release clause is 16m so we don't want to pay more for Mitrovic than Newcastle will for Rondon."

garyclashcityrocker

Point taken, but how do you factor an alternative spend of potential 26 million in that. Baulk at 18 to spend 8 more....surely that's fiscally more detrimental. I know all supposition but still....If we stayed within budget surely we wouldn't be able to afford anyone half decent.

wheelerdeeler

Quote from: garyclashcityrocker on July 25, 2018, 01:36:54 PM
Point taken, but how do you factor an alternative spend of potential 26 million in that. Baulk at 18 to spend 8 more....surely that's fiscally more detrimental. I know all supposition but still....If we stayed within budget surely we wouldn't be able to afford anyone half decent.

It's about wanting value for money. Willian Jose is a level above Mitrovic, but if we sign him we won't have an extra 10m to spend on a Centre-Back/Left-Back. Newcastle clearly value Rondon above Mitrovic, because they're selling him to get Rondon, so why would we pay more for Mitrovic than they will for Rondon.

The ball's in our court as well, so I don't see why we wouldn't try and drive a hard bargain. We've got the resources to keep spending in other areas in the meantime and potentially sign someone instead of Mitrovic meanwhile Newcastle not selling Mitrovic is holding up their whole transfer window and probably getting Rafa quite annoyed.

garyclashcityrocker

Jose a level above? Presumption. Based on what? Still a massive gamble in comparison.

As for the extra funds for other players centre-backs etc. Surely this is out sorted out during the close season with a preliminary budget that factors in costs and contingencies like any other business.
So surely we factored in a set amount for Mitro or a centre forward and the same for other positions required, absorbing saving to spend more within the framework of those initial budgetary parameters - so I'm not buying we need vast amounts to be saved to facilitate further signings....this would have been factored in already.

filham

This business has been going on all summer, whatever is happening, I would love to know the real facts of the matter, we never will of course.
If we don't sign Mitrovic then the striker we do sign has one hell of a task in living up to the reputation Mitrovic already has with us.

Woolly Mammoth

Quote from: garyclashcityrocker on July 25, 2018, 02:33:16 PM
Jose a level above? Presumption. Based on what? Still a massive gamble in comparison.

As for the extra funds for other players centre-backs etc. Surely this is out sorted out during the close season with a preliminary budget that factors in costs and contingencies like any other business.
So surely we factored in a set amount for Mitro or a centre forward and the same for other positions required, absorbing saving to spend more within the framework of those initial budgetary parameters - so I'm not buying we need vast amounts to be saved to facilitate further signings....this would have been factored in already.

Affirmative
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

Syd Cupp

Didn't Mitro finish his holiday today..?
So maybe there is that into it as well.....Just a thought.

Roberty

Quote from: Syd Cupp on July 25, 2018, 07:17:04 PM
Didn't Mitro finish his holiday today..?
So maybe there is that into it as well.....Just a thought.

The Newcastle squad were supposedly having a day off and Rafa was looking forward to having a one to one with him
It could be better but it's real life and not a fantasy

@jolslover

I will be happy with Mitro when we eventually get him (I am about 90% sure we will, No ITK just my guess). A top striker and I enjoyed watching him last season.
But that being said Willian Jose is on the cusp of the Brazil squad and is no doubt rated much higher than Mitrovic throughout Europe so if we did get him instead of Mitrovic that would be nothing to worry about either.
STH H3

Roberty

Quote from: Statto on July 25, 2018, 02:30:17 PM
Exactly
And there's probably no quicker way to make Mitro less keen on a move here that to say we'll only pay £16m for him but we'll pay £26m for some random bloke who's 3 yrs older

He may well be FFC Royalty after his efforts last season but that is no reason why we should be taking a spanking from Lee Charnley - he's a Newcastle cast-off and should be priced accordingly - I'm sure he can see that we're his best option and since he has no love for either Rafa or Newcastle - why do you think he would expect us to have any.

I'm sure he's enjoying the pain that Newcastle are suffering since they have inflicted enough on him for the last two seasons - to put it in simple terms - for him - the boot is now on the other foot
It could be better but it's real life and not a fantasy