watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Two Million Really?

Started by garyclashcityrocker, July 25, 2018, 11:21:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

garyclashcityrocker

Hope it's only paper talk but it does concern me if there's any truth in this two million shortfall in the Mitrovic deal. Really? What are we quibbling about. We know what he brings, we know he suits the style and tactics. He knows the league. It's not a gamble, and after all the years of struggling to find someone who suits and all the money we have previously wasted I can't believe we are fannying about.

Willian Jose - looks good on a showreel, but then so did Hugo. Why spend so much more on an alternative like Jose who is unproven, would take time to adapt etc. We've done this sort of thing before took chances, a flyer - Elm, Petric, Hugo, Sa, to name a few - not many have hit the mark.

To be honest 20 million would have been a deal for me, money allowing. 18 is a still a steal. Come on Fulham for the sake of two million or even a 8/10 million increase for Jose, this deal makes sense. Just get it done.

Lighthouse

Whatever the truth of these reports. Mitro was perfect for us in the Championship. In the Prem he might not have the same impact. Fulham may have other irons in the fire for the right forward. Two million may not sound much in todays football world but it may be the difference between paying wages for a loan player and not being able to do so. I don't know the ins and outs but I hope it is settled soon.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

Barrett487

The longer this takes to be resolved, the less time Raffa has to spend the 8 million he'll be give to spend from it, if Ashley's tight wallet rumours are to be believed.

the nutflush

So what happens when Palace come in and say we'll give you 20mill? Mitro wants out of there. Sounds like he would rather play for Perth Glory than play for NUFC. Just pay the 20mill and quit of adding around.

Nero

Hey does someone want to give me 2 million pounds apparently its not a lot of money I'll take it in monthly or weekly

aaronmcguigan

Haha I've seen things on social media like gofundme pages and just giving pages to raise 2m for Mitro!😂😂

the nutflush

It is truly ridiculous after all these months when it was basically a given that Mitro would join us at a fee of around 20m that we are haggling over 2m.

Andy S

It's not that simple and it never is. The boys and girls at the press pick up a bit of the story and quote it as fact

aaronmcguigan

can't take anything as fact when reading these sources or papers. Could well be that Fulham have a back up plan for 16m and are playing hardball with  Newcastle, and if a no go, pick up the alternative instead

At the end of the day Mitro doesn't need to settle into the team. He can just turn up and pick up where he left off. I'm sure if the transfer is close, teammates or Slav would have been in touch etc too

I also think that the signing would give a huge lift now and great momentum coming into August now

alfie

Quote from: Newry FFC on July 25, 2018, 12:17:22 PM
can't take anything as fact when reading these sources or papers. Could well be that Fulham have a back up plan for 16m and are playing hardball with  Newcastle, and if a no go, pick up the alternative instead

At the end of the day Mitro doesn't need to settle into the team. He can just turn up and pick up where he left off. I'm sure if the transfer is close, teammates or Slav would have been in touch etc too

I also think that the signing would give a huge lift now and great momentum coming into August now
I think we also have to factor in that Mitro may not cut in Prem, Newcastle were and still not impressed with him, or he may be brilliant with us.
Story of my life
"I was looking back to see if she was looking back to see if i was looking back at her"
Sadly she wasn't

the nutflush

So if we think Mitro can't cut it and he costs 20m where and for how much are we going to get striker from that can cut it?

Nero

at the end of the day we know they want to sell and have to be able to spend, why should we pay what they want be poor business if that 2m could be the difference between getting the CB we need, people would be slagging the club off then why didnt we buy a CB why didnt we buy x for 2m more then y, y is crap

alfie

Quote from: the nutflush on July 25, 2018, 12:28:32 PM
So if we think Mitro can't cut it and he costs 20m where and for how much are we going to get striker from that can cut it?
Personally I think he will be just right for us, but with any player you don't know until you try
Story of my life
"I was looking back to see if she was looking back to see if i was looking back at her"
Sadly she wasn't

Tex

Given we haven't really seen anyone else looking to buy Mitro, Newcastle need to sell him to buy other players, he wants to come here, and we also have other irons in the fire it could just be a case of us waiting untill Newcastle accept whatever price we name.

Riverside

When reading these stories

1) you need to think about who is giving out the info . This surely is not us . Newcastle ? Or Mitro's agent ?

2) you need to work out whether the headline if true is about total price or cash upfront . Remember Villa still owe us £6 million for McCormack !

I think adding all the news stories together we have offered and have had £20 million accepted and the negotiating is about payments . They need £16 million for Roldon so we have increased cash upfront to £16 million . Newcastle now want an extra £2 million for another player too ? Or they need £2 million to pay Mitro's agent ?

Purely guesswork as none of us know

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Syd Cupp

Its reported here as more than 2million and the 2million is a case of the reporter saying split the difference.
Interesting read.

http://www.nufcblog.com/2018/07/25/newcastle-may-not-be-able-to-sell-mitrovic-this-summer/

rogerpbackinMidEastUS

The club must be 90% certain he'll be successful.
ie 18M vs 20M
So what's the 10% uncertainty and is it justiified ?
Could make a change in Mitro's attitude.

But then again, can I smell something
VERY DAFT AND A LOT DAFTER THAN I SEEM, SOMETIMES

RaySmith

I think Mitro does have Prem quality, that's why he scored so many in the Championship.

He won't find it so easy in the Prem, and might not be the success for us he was, as said, but  he fits into the team and our style, gives his all, and we fans love him.
Most will be disappointed if we don't sign him  now, when it had seemed a bit of a formality.

But the club is exploring other options apparently, in case the deal falls through.

With respect, I don't want to see us  starting the season with Fonte as our main striker- this just doesn't seem a suitable position for him in English football.

garyclashcityrocker

I get the whole 'would he have the same impact in the premiership' thing, but is this anymore of a gamble than taking a flyer on an expensive alternative. Most European leagues are two/four horse races and the standard of the trailing clubs are nowhere Premier standard if Championship at that. Any purchase is a gamble, but surely you minimise the risk slightly by going with the little that you know as opposed to completely unknown.

50/50 gamble with Mitro is preferable to 100% gamble to me.

BedsFFC

The diffrence is about 1.5% of our projected turnover (not profit)

The only businesses that "just pay it" are the ones that dont have to care, or the ones that Redknapp manages.