Started by filham, July 23, 2018, 05:35:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

alfie

Quote from: Twig on July 23, 2018, 09:39:39 PM
Quote from: alfie on July 23, 2018, 09:11:30 PM
Quote from: Twig on July 23, 2018, 06:20:25 PM
Quote from: alfie on July 23, 2018, 06:17:22 PM
Quote from: filham on July 23, 2018, 05:35:11 PM
Over the years we have missed a few transfer opportunities but if we fail to sign Mitrovic it will surely count as our worst ever miss.
Just consider some of the facts.

1. He played for us for half a season on loan , scored goals, was a great target man, and  fitted in with the coaches    tactics.

2. He showed a good attitude and has stated he would like to play in the premiership with Fulham.

3. Newcastle have said they are prepared to release him and declared a 20 million pound asking price.

4. By current rates the asking price is not unreasonable.

5. We really need a quality striker, there seems no other option at the moment.

6. He knows our players and methods and would hit the ground running.

7. The fans love him.

Come on Fulham this is a great opportunity, if we fail to sign Mitrovic then a resignation should be imminent.

I am sure it has been widely reported it will be sorted when he returns from holiday, I believe he is due back Wednesday.

Alfie are you seriously telling us that the player has to be back from hols? What about his agent? And surely Mitro can use email?  I keep hearing that he has to be back but I do't understand why?

Well I am a little sure that it was Mitro who said it, so yes I am serious, I have read it in various places that "the deal for Mitro will be sorted on his return from his holiday".
I am not telling lies or making it up.

Sorry Alfie I am not suggesting you are making anything up and I realise you, and all of the rest of us, have read this on several occasions.  I am simply wondering why his holidays get in the way, Any ideas?
No sorry that I don't know, maybe he just wanted to get w/cup and hols done with before committing to a particular club.
Story of my life
"I was looking back to see if she was looking back to see if i was looking back at her"
Sadly she wasn't

Deeping_white

Quote from: alfie on July 23, 2018, 10:25:06 PM
Over the years we have missed a few transfer opportunities but if we fail to sign Mitrovic it will surely count as our worst ever miss.

1. He played for us for half a season on loan , scored goals, was a great target man, and  fitted in with the coaches    tactics.

2. He showed a good attitude and has stated he would like to play in the premiership with Fulham.

3. Newcastle have said they are prepared to release him and declared a 20 million pound asking price.

7. The fans love him.

Come on Fulham this is a great opportunity, if we fail to sign Mitrovic then a resignation should be imminent.

I am sure it has been widely reported it will be sorted when he returns from holiday, I believe he is due back Wednesday.

Alfie are you seriously telling us that the player has to be back from hols? What about his agent? And surely Mitro can use email?  I keep hearing that he has to be back but I do't understand why?

Well I am a little sure that it was Mitro who said it, so yes I am serious, I have read it in various places that "the deal for Mitro will be sorted on his return from his holiday".

Sorry Alfie I am not suggesting you are making anything up and I realise you, and all of the rest of us, have read this on several occasions.  I am simply wondering why his holidays get in the way, Any ideas?
No sorry that I don't know, maybe he just wanted to get w/cup and hols done with before committing to a particular club.

Might be that contracts have to be signed with a "wet signature" - I know that some government legislation through my work requires an actual written signature on the document in question so you can't sign something and send a photocopy back. Owing to every single professional signing the document in person, it might just be tradition but without knowing the finer legal details of football contracts, it could be that owing to the sums of money being exchanged then it requires the player in detail to sign the contract in person with the club to clear up any fraud issues.

toshes mate

There are always 'reasons why' things are not done at the moment in time they are expected to be done.  There are always 'prepared excuses for why' things are not done at the moment in time they are expected to be done.  There are always people 'who will believe the prepared excuses' including, quite often, those who make them.  Mitrovic has not joined us permanently as of today and we can choose our own version of the 'reasons why'.  Whether we are kidding ourselves or needlessly worrying will be revealed in the next several days and I wouldn't like to quote odds about which outcome is a strong favourite.

Should someone's head roll if we don't recruit him?  For all the reasons given in the OP I don't see why not.   

alfie

Quote from: toshes mate on July 24, 2018, 06:51:47 AM
There are always 'reasons why' things are not done at the moment in time they are expected to be done.  There are always 'prepared excuses for why' things are not done at the moment in time they are expected to be done.  There are always people 'who will believe the prepared excuses' including, quite often, those who make them.  Mitrovic has not joined us permanently as of today and we can choose our own version of the 'reasons why'.  Whether we are kidding ourselves or needlessly worrying will be revealed in the next several days and I wouldn't like to quote odds about which outcome is a strong favourite.

Should someone's head roll if we don't recruit him?  For all the reasons given in the OP I don't see why not.
If Fulham have offered a fair and reasonable contract Why should someone loose their job if Mitrovic decides to go somewhere else. It is his choice to make not Fulham's.
Story of my life
"I was looking back to see if she was looking back to see if i was looking back at her"
Sadly she wasn't

Roberty

I read somewhere that there is broad agreement between FFC and Mitro - BUT nothing agreed with Lee Charnley of Newcastle

Newcastle is totally dysfunctional at the moment - and I see this as the issue

They want Rafa to sign up for a new contract and have supposedly offered £100m transfer fund if he does - he has refused two new contracts but has said he would like to be manager there for the next 10 years - the issues was reported as being him wanting investment in the training facilities and the academy

So I think the sale of Mitro is just another thing waiting to happen and for them time is running out - there is not a long list of clubs who want him or who he is wanting to move too - so if they don't move soon they will have him for another season and his value will plummet as it would if FFC sign a replacement - we could then go back with a cheeky offer for him

I would be happy to have Willan Jose instead but I don't think Gale would be the right alternative and again coming from Newcastle it will be a never ending saga to get him over the line
It could be better but it's real life and not a fantasy

Mince n Tatties

This carry on has nothing to do with him being at the world cup or him being on holiday.
Its totally to do with what's going at Newcastle and them f***in about I'm afraid.

Woolly Mammoth

It's been in the pending tray since the 26th May, but there shouldn't be any more excuses for this delay.
But I agree that Newcastle and Lee Charnley in particular are the main culprits
Nevertheless, this deal should have been wrapped up before now
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

alfie

I understand what you are saying Mr M, this is why I get so agitated when Fulham always seem to get the blame when something does not happen quick enough, there are at least 4 parties involved, the selling club, the buying club, the players and last but not least the agents, and you can only wrap up a deal when all 4 parties agree.
Story of my life
Sadly she wasn't

Woolly Mammoth

Quote from: Deeping_white on July 23, 2018, 11:09:58 PM
Quote from: alfie on July 23, 2018, 10:25:06 PM

7. The fans love him.

Might be that contracts have to be signed with a "wet signature" - I know that some government legislation through my work requires an actual written signature on the document in question so you can't sign something and send a photocopy back. Owing to every single professional signing the document in person, it might just be tradition but without knowing the finer legal details of football contracts, it could be that owing to the sums of money being exchanged then it requires the player in detail to sign the contract in person with the club to clear up any fraud issues.

Well if it takes someone to throw a cold bucket of water over all parties to get his signature, then I am happy to receive it wet.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.