watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

THIRD LANARK Petition

Started by 3rdlanarkrv, October 03, 2010, 10:36:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Travers Barney

My Norwich City supporting brother (closet Fulham too but he hates to admit it) he loved Third Lanark....days gone by I used to chat to my dear old Grandad about them...days when Jimmy Conway's name was painted on a wall adjacent to Smithwood Close Southfields.

I was always a Vale Of Leithen fan myself.

We are the whites we are the whites we are we are we are the whites
We are the whites

Supermitch

Signed - good luck.  Had a look there when I visited Hampden a few years ago for the Scottish Cup Final.

stevehawkinslidingtackle

Signed in the hope Lanark will eventually give Rangers and Celtic get some competition 

epsomraver

Burt

Could so easily have been us, in the dark days...

Anyone remember the vegetation coming through in places on the Putney End, the seats disappearing from the Riverside, etc?

Travers Barney

Sorry...waffled on again last night as always but signed up

We are the whites we are the whites we are we are we are the whites

We are the whites

FC Silver Fox

Signed too, but whatever did you do with your first two Lanarks?  You can't just go leaving Lanarks all over the park, you know.

Just kidding. I wish you the best of luck with your campaign.
Just curious but why was the club called Third Lanark in the first place (or should that be the 3rd place)?
Finn and Corked Hat, you are forever part of the family.

CorkedHat

Quote from: FC Silver Fox on October 06, 2010, 08:53:31 AM
Signed too, but whatever did you do with your first two Lanarks?  You can't just go leaving Lanarks all over the park, you know.

Just curious but why was the club called Third Lanark in the first place (or should that be the 3rd place)?

I once asked that very question on Notes and Queries in The Guardian and I was told that the football club was named after an army regiment, Third Lanarkshire Rifle Volunteers
What we do for others will live on. What we do for ourselves will die with us

FC Silver Fox

Quote from: CorkedHat on October 07, 2010, 10:34:12 PM

I once asked that very question on Notes and Queries in The Guardian and I was told that the football club was named after an army regiment, Third Lanarkshire Rifle Volunteers
That's interesting.  I wonder if they got their ammunition from the Arsenal ?
Finn and Corked Hat, you are forever part of the family.

LBNo11

...they have only got 4% of the required 50,000 signatures. We could so easily have been in the same situation...
Twitter: @LBNo11FFC

finnster01

Quote from: LBNo11 on October 20, 2010, 01:23:29 PM
...they have only got 4% of the required 50,000 signatures. We could so easily have been in the same situation...
Another way to look at that, it leaves only 96% left to go.

No you Foffers go out and sign the petition for an old school football team and feel good about doing the right thing for the sport we all love

-Finnster01 "I am Blingo in disguise" boyo

If you wake up in the morning and nothing hurts, you are most likely dead

Senior Supporter

Quote from: FC Silver Fox on October 08, 2010, 07:22:53 AM
Quote from: CorkedHat on October 07, 2010, 10:34:12 PM

That's interesting.  I wonder if they got their ammunition from the Arsenal ?

I thought it was part of a numbers sequence thing. Third Lanark followed by Fourfar and East Five.