more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Sess and Schurrle play same position

Started by Bassey the warrior, July 26, 2018, 12:36:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bassey the warrior

Woolly Mammoth

Schurrle should play on the left and cut in on his right. That's his trade mark, similar to Duff.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

wheelerdeeler

Schurrle will start on the right so they're both playing with their stronger foot touching the line so to speak. Should be used to that at Craven Cottage at least, given he scored his Hat-Trick against us from playing on the right.

It's not like it's a rigid formation though. Sessegnon and Piazon/Ayite/AK47 etc. would swap during games and I can't see that stopping now we're up.

HatterDon

wingers have been swapping sides during matches since Bobby Charlton had hair
"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel

brightster

Never seen Schürrle play in the left, most of the time either on the right or central.

MJG

Just the views of a long term fan

BishopsParkFantastic

Didn't Fulham Sess play on the right against Lyon? My feeling is that Schurrle is a such a good player for the club because he can play right or left, and interchchange with Sess; and that is probably the plan! Against Crystal Palace I think Sess will start on the left, Schurrle on the right - and, depending on play, will interchange wings during the match.

Count Flapula

Quote from: MJG on July 26, 2018, 07:27:14 AM
Transfermarkt positional info

What that shows me is that his goals and assists ratio are actually better from the RW than LW, so is more than capable of playing on that side - also that we now have an excellent option should we want to change our formation and play with a support striker. Nothing but upsides.

Still can't believe we signed such a high calibre player coming into his peak years - if our medical  team can keep him fit we have one hell of a player on our books.

Jims Dentist

My memory of Schurrie was that he was predominately right footed but could also cross and shoot with his left.

Deeping_white

He's good with both feet so can play in both positions. We were v fluid last season anyway in that the wingers would periodically swap over so I'm sure it's something they'll utilise this season

General

Sess and schurrle will interchange on each wing, so let's not bother where one will be. They both have played on both wings and will do the same for us.

Bassey the warrior

Quote from: Woolly Mammoth on July 26, 2018, 12:47:14 AM
Schurrle should play on the right and cut in on his left. That's his trade mark, similar to Duff.

I thought his trademark was to cut onto his right from the left side?

cmg

Quote from: Stefan The Viking (The Moose) on July 26, 2018, 06:46:40 PM
Schurrle should play on the right and cut in on his left. That's his trade mark, similar to Duff.

I'm sure you are right. He is quite versatile and his left isn't at all bad, but his right is a thing of great beauty - superb timing. He has been very effective from the left, but has other options. It will, presumably, depend on what else we end up with.

WolverineFFC

Quote from: Stefan The Viking (The Moose) on July 26, 2018, 12:36:01 AM
Both left wing. So who will move?

He can play on the right. But I agree, he seems to be most comfortable cutting inside from the the left. Think that was a large problem w BD. Between Pulisic, Schurrle, Reus, and Sancho. They all wanted to be on the left cutting inside.

Woolly Mammoth

Schurrle should play on the left and cut in on his right. That's his trade mark, similar to Duff.

That is what I thought I had said.

Never forget your Roots.

cmg

Quote from: Woolly Mammoth on July 27, 2018, 01:26:12 AM

Blimey. Makes me look a right idiot.
Thought you had said the opposite.
I humbly apologise for my error. Put it down to advancing years.

Anyway, must dash back to my job at the Records Department of the Ministry of Truth.

filham

No problem there. More to the point is who will play left back, just hope it is not Sess.

Woolly Mammoth

Quote from: cmg on July 27, 2018, 10:09:14 AM

Blimey. Makes me look a right idiot.
Thought you had said the opposite.
I humbly apologise for my error. Put it down to advancing years.

Anyway, must dash back to my job at the Records Department of the Ministry of Truth.

👍⚽️

Never forget your Roots.

Bassey the warrior

I see you edited your post, so as to make me look daft. Fairly sure you said the opposite, hence my reply. In any case, I'm sure they will rotate.

cmg

Quote from: Stefan The Viking (The Moose) on July 27, 2018, 03:34:58 PM

I see you edited your post, so as to make me look daft. Fairly sure you said the opposite, hence my reply. In any case, I'm sure they will rotate.

AhHa. So I'm not getting senile after all (well, I am but not in this particular instance).
Nice to be the butt of someone else's sense of humour, isn't it?
Seems an odd thing to do - but then there are some odd people about.