News:

Use a VPN to stream games Safely and Securely 🔒
A Virtual Private Network can also allow you to
watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

why are we so poor in the air away from home?

Started by Brede Butter Pudding, February 06, 2010, 03:52:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Brede Butter Pudding

I know Kevin Davies is a big lad but seriously, why are we so bad in the air away from home. It happened against Stoke and Blackburn and now at Bolton. Every time a free kick is sent in a get nervous - we look unable to defend anything aerially and it's only away from home. I'm looking forward to Okaka's introduction. I hope he's given a good 25 minutes.

YankeeJim

We also seem to not get our share of 50-50 balls. I know Danny & Duff are little guys but Elm, Greening & the south Africa are not.
Its not that I could and others couldn't.
Its that I did and others didn't.

OldBrownShoe

We are poor away from home whether the ball is in the air or on the ground! But still, keep the faith!
Johny's in the basement
Mixing up the medicine
I'm on the pavement
Thinking about the government
The man in the trench coat
Badge out, laid off
Says he's got a bad cough
Wants to get it paid off
Look out kid
It's somethin' you did
God knows when
But you're doin' it again
l

Admin

It's Woy's 'continental' style of play. Not only are you allowed to go past the half way line, you're not allowed to jump more than a foot off the floor along with putting more than three passes together before giving it nicely back to the oposition. It's also 'proper' conduct to keep the game at 0-0 as long as you can and if the other team don't 'advance' gift them a goal in the 90th minute for good spotsman-ship. Woy is a real professional at this and has been studying it for years. Keep the faith, he knows what he's doing.

fulhamguy

It's because we have no width and on the bigger pitches away from the cottage we struggle.

And we've got no pace anywhere in the team (especially no Kam has gone) so we just cannot break with pace and score on the counter.
COYW!

Jimpav

Quote from: fulhamaustin on February 06, 2010, 08:41:40 PM
It's because we have no width and on the bigger pitches away from the cottage we struggle.

And we've got no pace anywhere in the team (especially no Kam has gone) so we just cannot break with pace and score on the counter.

I used to think that we did better on smaller pitches but Pompey were slicing us down the middle last week.

I do agree that we are not very good on the counter though.

TheDaddy

"Well blow me if it wasnt the badger who did it "