watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

I'm feeling sorry for some of our players

Started by bobbo, July 29, 2018, 12:18:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bobbo

I know it's how it has to be but some of the very decent players who got us back into the prem are inevitably not going to get a game now.
I just feel it's tough on them.
1975 just leaving home full of hope

fulhamben

Really?  our squads tiny. Who exactly do you think won't get any game time?
CHRIS MARTIN IS SO BAD,  WE NOW PRAISE HIM FOR MAKING A RUN.

Woolly Mammoth

Well you never know, it's a funny old game, and a week in football is a long time.
Of course unfortunately there will be casualties, as we upgrade, and it is a shame. But we will need all hands on deck, so the casualties will be minimal with our skeleton squad.
But we also had a few on loan anyway, who may not be coming back, and Fred decided himself to leave. So the overal changes will not be wholesale, but I understand what you are saying.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

bobbo

Been thinking macdonald and or johansen particularly.

hovewhite

There's a 23 man listed squad that every club hands in to the PL and most likely all of the squad will be used.

fulhamben

Quote from: bobbo on July 29, 2018, 12:23:51 PM
nah, it's a long old season. Look how much game time Norwood got last season.
CHRIS MARTIN IS SO BAD,  WE NOW PRAISE HIM FOR MAKING A RUN.

Woolly Mammoth

We shall need both these players in what will be a challenging season, both players are tough, and will fight for their place because they are competitive, which is what we will need.

Never forget your Roots.

the nutflush

Macdonald will still start for us and Stef will still be important.  They can both cut it in the prem and it is a long season.  They will both be used.  Would like to see Betts get a fair crack at it as well. 

WhiteJC

I've been thinking that Steph Jo could be "on his way", just a feeling and he'll probably sign a 3 year extension now  :dft001: but something makes me think he'll be off

bobbo

You're all making me feel a little more reassured, of all the last 59 seasons I've attended I think last one was possibly the best. Despite 1975 and 2010.

the nutflush

Quote from: WhiteJC on July 29, 2018, 12:31:27 PM

I've been thinking that Steph Jo could be "on his way", just a feeling and he'll probably sign a 3 year extension now  :dft001: but something makes me think he'll be off

No way we would let him go.  The midfield depth is too thin as it is.  It would be silly of Stef to ask for a transfer as he would not be expecting a start in another prem team. 

Milo

Quote from: WhiteJC on July 29, 2018, 12:31:27 PM

I still reckon a part exchange for Grealish would suit both parties!

GJB

At Wembley, Fonte and Djalo seemed as happy as the rest of the squad even though they'd barely played all season!

This could work in our favour, because players will know they have to play to their best ability to get a first team chance this coming season (i.e. Johansen, Kebano, Kamara, Ayite) so hopefully it pushes them to work harder and perform better to send Slav a message that they're ready for the PL.

Also keeps our best players on their toes and performing well, because they know these lot will be waiting on the bench to come on and prove their worth. Hopefully we'll have ambition throughout our squad, rather than sadness from players whose game time is less than last season

Barrett487

Quote from: bobbo on July 29, 2018, 12:18:21 PM
I know it's how it has to be but some of the very decent players who got us back into the prem are inevitably not going to get a game now.
You're assuming that our new signings will perform well enough to keep their places.

I think the only player in danger of little game time is Betts, but it would only take a couple of Karius moments for him to get back in.

I can see Odoi getting time as full-back/ centre back cover. I think that Kebano & Ayite will get some cameos.

Milo

Didn't see the game but read AK was a handful in the games yesterday? Plus Kebano chipped in too? Don't rule these two out.. I think both will be very useful in Prem. I think Ayite and Fonte will be ineffective.

Deeping_white

Don't really feel sad for them because they all get paid  well and they'll know their own limitations. Football is a team game and they'll have to take their chance when they're given it as it's a long season with three competitions to be contested. Personally I'm not fussed as I don't want to see us relegated so bringing in superior players is a sign of the club progressing onto better things which is just how it has to be.

Woolly Mammoth

Quote from: bobbo on July 29, 2018, 12:32:36 PM
You're all making me feel a little more reassured, of all the last 59 seasons I've attended I think last one was possibly the best. Despite 1975 and 2010.

I think it probably was also.

Never forget your Roots.

Lyle from Hangeland

Quote from: bobbo on July 29, 2018, 12:18:21 PM

Some of them have signed new contracts. Life is a competition all the time. Buck up.

hovewhite

We will need players to come in for cover that know the 
And fit into the systems straight from the off.The squad will all be needed.

7787fulham

Let's not forget we haven't re signed pliazon, taggart or Kala's so there are spaces to fill.