A Virtual Private Network can also allow you to
watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Have We Found A Better Manager Than Hodgson? - Vote Now

Started by White Noise, October 04, 2010, 05:28:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Is Hughes A Better Manager Than Hodgson?

Yes
19 (34.5%)
No
3 (5.5%)
Too early to say
33 (60%)

Total Members Voted: 42

White Noise

A Great Job

Monday 4th October 2010

Share Mark Hughes believes the quality of Fulham's performances on the road will soon see the Whites claiming all three points away from home.

Hughes' side were unfortunate not have secured an away win at Upton Park last weekend with West Ham goalkeeper Robert Green the star of the show for the Hammers.

Fulham's positive, attacking approach is the reason behind the Club's impressive unbeaten League record that will stand them in good stead this season, according to Hughes.

"Away from home we're trying to be positive," Hughes told fulhamfc.com. "Obviously it's frustrating to get the draws but it's only a matter of time, considering the quality we're producing, that we turn those draws into three point victories.

"The draws are frustrating. On Saturday against West Ham we certainly did enough to win the game. We're not setting up to get men behind the ball and frustrate teams – we're attack minded and trying to break the lines to cause the opposition problems.

"That's why we're unbeaten - because we're positive. It's only Manchester United and ourselves that remain unbeaten. There have been some games were we've rode our luck and got draws but there have also been games that we've left frustrated because we should have taken three points."

Hughes has made an impressive start to life at Fulham and is clearly enjoying a new managerial challenge following his tenure at Manchester City.  

"I'm really pleased with my decision to come to Fulham," said Hughes. "I think a lot of people don't realise what a good Club Fulham is and the talent that exists – not just in the Team but in the people that surround the Club as well. I've been really surprised by that level of quality and that makes my job less stressful in terms of how you spread your energy.

"I got bogged down for 12-14 months in my job with Manchester City with things that were away from the actual football field. That can change your focus but at Fulham everything is set up to allow me to prepare the Team in the best possible way. It's a great job."

Read more: http://www.fulhamfc.com/Club/News/NewsArticles/2010/September/HughesWHReaction.aspx#ixzz11PNRZk8A

fulhamwannabe

certainly yes,the only reason forme is simple:sparky has played the game at the highest level,whereas woy has'nt even managed at the highest level(before coming to ffc that is  :dft012:)

SmithyFFC

In my opinion, No. Simply because Roy is a vastly experienced manager who has managed all over europe and has been successful in many different countries.

Hughes did very well for Blackburn, and wasn't given the time he needed at City.

Could he be a better manager than Hodgson? One day, Yes.
FTID

WhiteJC

its a bit too early, after the next transfer window would be about right. However so far its very encouraging  :045:

fulhamwannabe

LBNo11

...just to be obtuse I would ask who would you rather we have in charge at Fulham this season - our former manager or Mr Hughes..?
Twitter: @LBNo11FFC

fulhamwannabe

Quote from: LBNo11 on October 04, 2010, 05:57:57 PM
...just to be obtuse I would ask who would you rather we have in charge at Fulham this season - our former manager or Mr Hughes..?
it's the same question,them who voted yes,would answer sparky,and them who voted no would want woy back,innit?

LBNo11

Quote from: fulhamwannabe on October 04, 2010, 05:55:57 PM
what clubs has roy managed?

...amongst others our former manager has managed:-

Bristol City
Halmstad
Malmo
Inter Milan
Blackburn Rovers
Grasshopper
Udinese
Viking

as well as the Switczerland, UAE and Finland International squads.

PS: I think my question is not the same...[/b]
Twitter: @LBNo11FFC

Burt

Too early to tell, but so far so good.

In particular its encouraging that our performances away from the Cottage seem to be getting more competitive.

fulhamwannabe

a part from his 2 year spell at inter,his cv is not that glorious is it?

Jimpav

Quote from: fulhamwannabe on October 04, 2010, 06:23:35 PM

His list of achievements is though

SuffolkWhite

It's too early to tell, I start taking the league table seriously after 10 games.

I like what I see though and think Sparky has something to offer in an attacking sense, and when he gets some forwards back who knows what we could do.
Good start though.
Guy goes into the doctor's.
"Doc, I've got a cricket ball stuck up my backside
"How's that?"
"Don't you start"

FatFreddysCat

Quote from: LBNo11 on October 04, 2010, 05:57:57 PM
I voted for to early to say, but i certainly wouldn't take Woy back over Sparky now.

Jimpav

If you asked me 3 months ago I would have said Woy but Sparky's doing a good job and seems to fit in.

Ask me at the end of the season though.

vagrant

Quote from: Jimpav on October 04, 2010, 06:27:06 PM

What achievements ???  He's not won anything.....

finnster01

Quote from: vagrant on October 04, 2010, 06:51:49 PM
Quote from: Jimpav on October 04, 2010, 06:27:06 PM

What achievements ???  He's not won anything.....
Other than winning the Swedish League and cup a bunch of times, the Danish one as well, and reached the UEFA Cup final as well as last years Europa League, the great escape etc., I guess he hasn't done much at all...

Mark Hughes on the other hand has won...ehremm bugger all  :dft012:

If you wake up in the morning and nothing hurts, you are most likely dead

HatterDon

I don't think Hughes could have saved us from relegation post-Sanchez. Having said that, I think Hughes could have done a better job at Anfield than Roy is now doing. Horses for courses.

I'm very happy we have Hughes, although he's a pain in the ass for me when I'm writing about our performances. Hodgson didn't have the last name of our center back or the first name of our goalkeeper, so I didn't have to use a stupid name like "MarkyMark" for him.  :028:
"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel

cebu

I'm in the "too early to tell" camp, but am not displeased so far. I'd want to see the whole season before passing judgement, but at the moment see no reason for pessimism.

Slightly off topic - I wonder if Manc fans would have preferred Sparky to Mancini.

Steve_orino

Quote from: cebu on October 04, 2010, 10:34:20 PM
I'm in the "too early to tell" camp, but am not displeased so far. I'd want to see the whole season before passing judgement, but at the moment see no reason for pessimism.

Couldn't have said it better.

Of course, if we're 4-0-6 after 10 games, I reserve the right to change my vote  :015:
Fulham Supporter - Est. 03/2008
"My aim is to stabilise, sustain, and have the club move forward." Shad Khan 07/2013
@Borino09

Lighthouse

Far too early. But are we better to watch? Yes we are. Is Sparky saying the right things? Yes. Would Roy have tried to win matches or given players a chance or played the same team week in week out and would he have played early subs?

But yes I would prefer Sparky to manage us this year. Not sure where Roy was going with the team.

Roy is always and rightly  praised for saving us from relegation. But that is more down to the miracle of the escape than any slow improvement in the side.

However, fact is Roy taught me one thing. Never believe a Manager will not turn his back on Fulham if something better comes along. Roy was no genteleman just a jobbing manager. Sparky no doubt will be the same.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope