watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Ryan Sessegnon

Started by davew, August 01, 2018, 04:41:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

davew

I have been away for a few weeks so am a bit out of date as to what has been going on, has Ryan signed a new contract, if so when is he contracted to stay to? Thanks
Grandson of a Former Director of FFC (served 1954 - 1968)

Horsfield_No9

He hasn't signed one. Here's hoping!
First game: Fulham 4 Burnley 0, December 12th 1998.

Holders

If he has, it hasn't been publicised. It's one I'd like to see tied up but I can't see the lad letting us down. 
Non sumus statione ferriviaria

davew

Quote from: Horsfield_No9 on August 01, 2018, 04:43:29 PM
He hasn't signed one. Here's hoping!
That's bad news and which is what I thought, hoping that having made some great signings some of these are not to be paid from the sale of Sess, what a bombshell that would be!

davew

Quote from: Holders on August 01, 2018, 04:46:27 PM
If he has, it hasn't been publicised. It's one I'd like to see tied up but I can't see the lad letting us down. 
When does his present contract run out?

cmg

FFCSteve

But I would be surprised if he stayed for more than this season.
I for one would not decry the lad the chance to further his career!
A true hero for me, done everything right, and is one of our own!
COYW!!! Bring back Rene! But I do like Slav!

Holders

Quote from: davew on August 01, 2018, 04:48:23 PM
Quote from: Holders on August 01, 2018, 04:46:27 PM
When does his present contract run out?

Not sure but I think it's got a couple of years to run but he must deserve a pay rise - unless it was written in conditionally.

FinFFC

Quote from: FFCSteve on August 01, 2018, 04:52:59 PM
But I for one would not decry the lad the chance to further his career!
He has been a true hero for me, and one of our own!

But it would be nice of him to sign at least until 2022 even if he was actually leaving next summer. We would then get more money, I'd think.

davew

So no need to worry about the next 6 months, good news!! Thanks all

FFCSteve

Quote from: FinFFC on August 01, 2018, 04:54:24 PM

But it would be nice of him to sign at least until 2022 even if he was actually leaving next summer. We would then get more money, I'd think.

Very true!
COYW!!! Bring back Rene! But I do like Slav!

filham

We are spending big money just now, far bigger than anything that Fulham have ever spent before.
We would have no grounds for grumbling if Sess. was sold to Spurs, or the like, to finance these deals.

Just hope that  Sess will realise that another season at Fulham will give him more game time than at a top six club and Fulham will see that his value will increase after a season of Premiership football.

Sgt Fulham

I'm pretty sure TK or SK wrote a piece guaranteeing Sessegnon would not be sold this window. They've stuck to their word on most things Fulham and it would be an idiotic own goal to write that and then sell Sess rather than just keeping quiet. As such I would be very surprised if he were to be sold this window.

Mince n Tatties

Sometimes when I read about Ryan on these pages it seems some would actually like to see him go for big money.
The boy will sign his new contract,I have it on good authority from a Jackdaw that comes in our garden,as he is friends with Tony Khans pet bald eagle,who in turn is Ryan's pet Canary's step brother.
So there😜
Ryan is Fulham for life. 049:gif

Woolly Mammoth

Genuine Ambitious clubs do not sell their best players.
Sess is still only 18, we have just been promoted into the Premier League.
With all it's financial advantages.
If we had stayed in the Championship and therefore, for financial reasons we needed to sell one player to buy half a dozen other players to orchestrate a promotion charge.
I may just may be willing to listen. Sess isn't exactly banging on the door to escape.
There is no reason why we need to sell him, certainly not this Summer, there is no justification.
It would be a step back.
Too much scaremongering by people with far too much time on their hands.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

Hatch007

Quote from: Woolly Mammoth on August 02, 2018, 06:25:39 AM
If we had stayed in the Championship and therefore, for financial reasons we needed to sell one player to buy half a dozen other players to orchestrate a promotion charge.
I may just may be willing to listen. Sess isn't exactly banging on the door to escape.
There is no reason why we need to sell him, certainly not this Summer, there is no justification.
It would be a step back.

I agree re Sess'.

I've had the enviable pleasure of meeting him, albeit briefly, on more than one occasion last season. Twice coming back from away games (Sheff Wed and Preston) on the train and also in McBrides at CC, and he has to be one of the most level-headed 18 y/os one could wish to meet. In fact, he was still 17 on the occasions we spoke. He certainly gives the impression of whole-heartedly loving the club and whilst we didn't discuss it specifically, I'm certain he appreciates his careeer development would be far greater served by playing each week at Fulham rather than bench-warming a top six club.

With regard to your comment about genuinely ambitious clubs, Liverpool cashed in on Courtinho yet you'd hardly say Liverpool lack ambition. The point being is that everyone has their price but Shaid Khan said Ryan won't be sold this window and, thus far, he has been true to his word. I have no reason to believe that will change in the next 7 days.

On an unrelated, general aside, if the window closed tomorrow only the most pessimistic fans with nothing better to do than moan could argue this has not been our most impressive window ever and we still have further new recruits to be announced 👊

COYW

Holders

As someone suggested above, this would be a greater concern if we weren't actively and seriously strengthening the team. I have no inside knowledge but my hunch is that Ryan will spend the coming season with us, sign a new contract and then leave for a large fee to a club where he can reap his rewards in terms of trophies. He may do so reluctantly and with an affection for FFC but it would, surely, be a waste of his talent not to achieve as much as he can in a short career. We can then reinvest on more than the one player we're replacing and end up net stronger.

The other factor is to note how many other excellent youngsters we have coming through. Now that we're in the PL the academy will continue to bear (yet richer) fruit and there'll be less cases like Roberts and Dembele who left for less than their real worth. With us in the PL there'll be less of a driver for players like them to leave so quickly. Just my humble opinion, of course, but that's how it feels to me.

Woolly Mammoth

Quote from: Hatch007 on August 02, 2018, 08:55:43 AM
Quote from: Woolly Mammoth on August 02, 2018, 06:25:39 AM
It would be a step back.

I agree re Sess'.

I've had the enviable pleasure of meeting him, albeit briefly, on more than one occasion last season. Twice coming back from away games (Sheff Wed and Preston) on the train and also in McBrides at CC, and he has to be one of the most level-headed 18 y/os one could wish to meet. In fact, he was still 17 on the occasions we spoke. He certainly gives the impression of whole-heartedly loving the club and whilst we didn't discuss it specifically, I'm certain he appreciates his careeer development would be far greater served by playing each week at Fulham rather than bench-warming a top six club.

With regard to your comment about genuinely ambitious clubs, Liverpool cashed in on Courtinho yet you'd hardly say Liverpool lack ambition. The point being is that everyone has their price but Shaid Khan said Ryan won't be sold this window and, thus far, he has been true to his word. I have no reason to believe that will change in the next 7 days.

On an unrelated, general aside, if the window closed tomorrow only the most pessimistic fans with nothing better to do than moan could argue this has not been our most impressive window ever and we still have further new recruits to be announced 👊

COYW

I can agree with all you say.
With a week to go, I can only imagine Fulham have a few irons in the fire.
I expect there could be the usual mad rush to bring targets in over the line.
Alfie Mawson is an integral part of that.
But we need I would have thought another 4 at least, just to get up to minimum required.
This could be the Lull before the inevitable storm.
Because defensively we are nowhere near up to speed.
Plus we need another striker pronto.
That Wolfsburg Defensive Midfielder fits the bill, Joshua I think is his name.
I invisage more troops coming in, to compete for key positions.
Left back, any one out of Matt Targett, Luke Shaw, Kieron Tierney will do for me.
Let's hope Alfie Mawson completes his transfer ASAP.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

Statto

Quote from: FFCSteve on August 01, 2018, 05:00:37 PM
Quote from: FinFFC on August 01, 2018, 04:54:24 PM

Very true!
+1 both comments

filham

Quote from: Mince n Tatties on August 02, 2018, 06:13:47 AM
Sometimes when I read about Ryan on these pages it seems some would actually like to see him go for big money.
The boy will sign his new contract,I have it on good authority from a Jackdaw that comes in our garden,as he is friends with Tony Khans pet bald eagle,who in turn is Ryan's pet Canary's step brother.
So there😜
Ryan is Fulham for life. 049:gif
Question is, is your birds eye view of matters better than the Hilda the tea lady's worm's eye view.