more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Ticket prices

Started by Whitesideup, August 02, 2018, 08:20:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

hovewhite

Quote from: Fernhurst on August 02, 2018, 10:05:09 AM
Thank you for replying SC, there's no chance of me getting a season ticket, so pondering on investing in membership to get access to local (ish) away games on the South Coast at concessionary price as you have.
Any chance to see my beloved team.
if S.Ts go up the current price,then membership for me and local away games as not made of money.
Now I know I'm emailing the club on a regular basis on this,also I know the FST are talking to the club also but feel now the club want punters with fat wallets rather than long standing supporters.I hope this doesn't happen but fear the worst.

cookieg

Fortunately I renewed our ST's before the deadline and the cost was very reasonable. Obviously it will be a different story next season.

Unfortunately price increases are now how it is. Fans probably always have been priced out of seeing their club for many years now and it will be the same in the future. The more successful a club is the more new fans want to watch them and the more a club can charge with only the richer fans being able to go. That's just a fact of life.

I'm sure there may be a time when I will consider going to see Carshalton Athletic or Sutton United or my "home town" club of Tooting and Mitcham. Perhaps smaller clubs will benefit in these circumstances.

MJG

Quote from: cookieg on August 02, 2018, 11:04:15 AM
Obviously it will be a different story next season.

We dont know that though do we?
There are a few posters here and elsewhere who just keep saying 'I will be paying 40%+ more next season'
We dont know that do we? The club have said no decision made and will be looking at it through the season.

Just with Mawson, if you keep saying something enough times you talk yourself into thinking its fact. I take it Mawson did his medical from his wheelchair the way some are talking about him now.
Just the views of a long term fan

Take Me Home MAF

Nodding along to many of the views on here. I started a thread about the fear of next years ST prices and the mood was not what I was expecting.

Ticket prices are not the big money maker as mentioned above, the increases hurt the fans more than they help the club. Its pure greed.

These ticket hikes are the biggest fan issue we have had in a decade. And I'm sorry to say that I think the Khans are making good business with transfers, but all the back slapping people are giving them really bugs me because they have done something which shows utter disdain for the fan base.

Khan put in the ST pack that we wants to show the millions around the world our club, how can we do that if people who care are priced out of games.

And its all well and good saying - "X" charge this and my seat is this, so its not bad value - are missing the point. The whole ticket pricing in the PL is a joke, and the sport which was the peoples game is being taken away. Fulham are sadly no different to the other clubs.

My final rant is that people saying this is PL prices because its the top tier - the teams and the glamour etc. Bang for your buck there are bigger sides in the Championship and its more exciting, that is just a fact.

Take Me Home MAF

Quote from: MJG on August 02, 2018, 11:37:58 AM

There are a few posters here and elsewhere who just keep saying 'I will be paying 40%+ more next season'
We dont know that do we? The club have said no decision made and will be looking at it through the season.

Just with Mawson, if you keep saying something enough times you talk yourself into thinking its fact. I take it Mawson did his medical from his wheelchair the way some are talking about him now.

MJG - Can you really believe that the club are not looking at next season already, whether we are in the PL or not. It would be bad due diligence not to. They will know what they are charging.

I don't think the prices will be exactly what they were after early bird, but I think it fair to predict they will be close.

hovewhite

Quote from: Take Me Home MAF on August 02, 2018, 11:46:15 AM

MJG - Can you really believe that the club are not looking at next season already, whether we are in the PL or not. It would be bad due diligence not to. They will know what they are charging.

I don't think the prices will be exactly what they were after early bird, but I think it fair to predict they will be close.
well I emailed the club independently and that's what they replied in the mail back to me,I do find it hard to believe that there not looking at it myself.

MJG

Quote from: Take Me Home MAF on August 02, 2018, 11:46:15 AM

I truly dont believe there are looking at it yet. Come December time they will need to start planning for it, but before that, not a chance. They dont even know what league they will be in for a start. Come Feb/March depending where we are they will have two options to put forward.
For a start they need to see how matchday prices go this season and also review the ST's sold pre and post Wembley. Also need to take into account the New stand. A lot to consider, but to expect them to have prices now, id say you would be let down if you asked.
I'm expceting them to be staggered with pre and post promotion prices and yes some close to the post prices this summer.

Mitch

Quote from: Hatch007 on August 02, 2018, 10:02:43 AM
Last season I took my 10 y/o son and 7 y/o daughter to McBrides, the only CC hospitality package that offered a concession for minors. Adults were £120 and minors £60.

This season adults will be charged £339 for McBrides which I simply can't justify for one match. Football, more than ever, is big business and I'm led to believe McBrides is practically sold out already for the entire season.

Give the club it's due, myself and a guest have been invited to complimentary hospitality for this Saturday's game. Upon receiving the invitation, I explained that I was not in a position to take up any hospitality package this season due to the increased cost and offered them the chance to rescind the invitation in favour of an alternative client more likely to give them future business.

To the club's credit they appreciated my gesture but still inist I be their guest, as much as for a thank you for the business I gave them last season. A very decent gesture I feel.

£339 for McBride's? It's not that good. Nice lounge, and decent seats, but £339???? Can't see them selling that out. Wouldn't pay more than £80 for the day there (ticket on top).

hovewhite

Another example of being in London and premier league £339 that's the market the clubs looking at right down to hikes on season tickets,just glad I paid in March before the increases,so we will have to live with it.

mrmicawbers

I believe all the hospitality is more or less sold out for the Season.They have to leave a certain amount of hospitality on a Match to match basis something along those lines

Skatzoffc

Quote from: Fernhurst on August 02, 2018, 10:05:09 AM
Thank you for replying SC, there's no chance of me getting a season ticket, so pondering on investing in membership to get access to local (ish) away games on the South Coast at concessionary price as you have.
Any chance to see my beloved team.

Good idea Fernhurst.

A friend of mine only goes to away games. With the capped prices of £30 now as well its a Cheaper option.
But factoring in the travel is required.
You need to be on your toes to get the tickets & travel options tho.
Siblings, let us not be down on it.
One total catastrophe like this...is just the beginning !

JHS66

As a special birthday treat I bought 3 tickets in the Cohen lounge last season. After the discount for the season tickets that were not used for the game it came to £700. This season those tickets will be between £1500 and about £2250.The club phoned me recently to see if I wanted the hospitality brochure. I explained that I had been priced out and the guy said a lot of people had told him that.
I've no complaints because hospitality is hardly essential but it is a shame that this appears to be the direction of travel across the board.

Fernhurst

An abiding lovely memory. Treated two lifelong friends to lunch with George in 2010.
Cost less than 1k

Brian Ruiz debut
The atmosphere's fresh and the debate lively.

Neil D

Quote from: Mitch on August 02, 2018, 09:46:09 AM
Put it this way - the friendly on Saturday is £21.00. If that doesn't tell you how things are heading, I don't know what will.
That about sums it up.

SuffolkWhite

I have a ST as does my adult son and we cant make all games but have no idea how to get our seats to other Fulham fans. Someone told me there is a print option to print out the ST but I cant see it. I would gladly print out tickets to games I cant go to and send to someone for the equivalent price I would pay on the ST. Got to be around £22. Have mailed the club about this a week ago and have no reply. Just seems a shame to have potentially 2 adult and 2 kids seats empty!
Guy goes into the doctor's.
"Doc, I've got a cricket ball stuck up my backside
"How's that?"
"Don't you start"

hovewhite

Everyone above feels the same  in general maybe we need as a group approach the club collectively in 2 ways directly and the FST ,not January or march but starting now.
Let me know your thoughts?

Southcoastffc

FAO MJG especially, are you really saying that there isn't a 3 or 5 year plan in which ticket prices feature? I'd consider that odd at best.
The world is made up of electrons, protons, neurons, possibly muons and, definitely, morons.

MJG

Quote from: Southcoastffc on August 02, 2018, 10:10:20 PM
FAO MJG especially, are you really saying that there isn't a 3 or 5 year plan in which ticket prices feature? I'd consider that odd at best.
yes

Southcoastffc

Quote from: MJG on August 02, 2018, 10:17:42 PM
yes
Thanks for confirming. I sincerely hope that you are wrong. Any finance director worth his/her salt would surely be horrified.
The world is made up of electrons, protons, neurons, possibly muons and, definitely, morons.

RaySmith

They  couldn't decide prices for ST this year, because they didn't know what division we would be in, but those who purchased early wee lucky.
Same this season - suppose we are relegated, but you just don't know until the very end of the season.

Football just isn't the same as when many of us began going in the 60's, when the players only received an average  wage, and admission to games was a few shillings. Johnny Haynes was the first to break the maximum wage cap, in fact.

And since then you've had Sky money, and the Prem as  huge money generator fo all involved, It is very competitive, though, which is a big part of its  wordwide attrartion.

I'm not defending the ticket price rise - it affects me as an OAP. At least  away marches will be affordable as an Over 65, with the £30 price cap.
But I understand people's frustration.