watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Ticket prices

Started by Whitesideup, August 02, 2018, 08:20:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Whitesideup

Sorry if I have missed discussion on this topic, but tickets for Palace game in Putney end  - £50 a pop. My son, no longer a season ticket holder as he plays football on Saturdays, has decided that the £100 for him and his girlfriend to attend, is that bit too much.  With the add-ons of transport, food and drink, this makes for an expensive day out.

I accept this is probably standard for the premiership, possibly even at the cheap end, but are we going to price people out of the game?

Or is it ok to accept the principles of market forces, supply and demand, and charge whatever some people are prepared to pay?

Having said that, we have not sold out the Putney end yet. You would have thought for our first game back, with a healthy and noisy away following, tickets would have gone very quickly. Are the high prices already putting some people off? Given the comment above, the clear answer is yes, but to what extent? 

hovewhite

I have been banging the drum on this issue since the hike on S/t s.also have emailed the club also the FST are having representation on the matter.
Do feel the more people that email about it the better.

Southcoastffc

Does seem a bit steep. Conversely, good to see that away tickets are capped. Got my Brighton ticket for only £23 (concession), full price £30.
The world is made up of electrons, protons, neurons, possibly muons and, definitely, morons.

Fernhurst

Can I ask Southcoast are you a season ticket holder at CC
The atmosphere's fresh and the debate lively.

Huxley

I've been priced out and I'm earning a decent living.

King_Crud

I had a season ticket until 2 years ago, gave it up due to moving further away and having a child. Now looking at tickets going for £50 I wonder when I will be back, that's a fair whack for me, and I'm not on struggle street

MJG

In the 3 blocks in the Putney end and 1 block in the Riverside available there are maybe less than 800 seats left.
Just the views of a long term fan

hovewhite

The club won't care about how long you've been supporting Fulham in the premier league as they no they will get bums on seats so it doesn't matter.

bill taylors apprentice

However much I reason with myself that its market forces etc etc I cant help thinking supporters are being squeezed until the pips squeak far more than ever before!

Like most Fulham people I've moved further and further away over the years and now live 160 miles away but have retained our ST's.

Being in the Championship and taking advantage of the early bird offers have probably delayed my decision whether to continue in recent years.

If my ST price is what I expect its going to be next season then its going to be the end for me after 50 plus years of regular support.

I don't suppose the club are bothered as a series of tourists will fill my seats during these glory days!
There is a better way but they are never going to take that route, life's not fair and that's a fact!

Mitch

Put it this way - the friendly on Saturday is £21.00. If that doesn't tell you how things are heading, I don't know what will.

Whitesideup

Quote from: hovewhite on August 02, 2018, 09:11:47 AM
The club won't care about how long you've been supporting Fulham in the premier league as they no they will get bums on seats so it doesn't matter.

Yes, they will get bums on seats in the premiership, for the big games certainly. However if the team does not do too well, will they sell out for the likes of Watford and Huddersfield? And if fortunes take a downturn, (and we face relegation or are indeed relegated again) will the club have lost any of its fan base that to date has been loyal? I suppose they can argue, well, we'll just lower the prices again and those loyal fans will return. Maybe, maybe not.

Last time we were in the premiership tickets if I recall correctly, were mostly £35. So over 40% increase in 4 years.

Given that ticket revenue makes up such a small part of overall revenues, I just wonder if this pricing is short-sighted from a commercial point of view ... as well as being frustrating from a fan's point of view.  I have my season ticket so I am not affected, for at least this year. But for my son, this will certainly mean fewer attendances this season. And that is a shame.

Southcoastffc

Quote from: Fernhurst on August 02, 2018, 08:42:33 AM
Can I ask Southcoast are you a season ticket holder at CC
Yes I am.
The world is made up of electrons, protons, neurons, possibly muons and, definitely, morons.

Westlondonffc

The club don't give a monkey's. We're attracting a different type of supporter these days. It's quite sad really

Southcoastffc

Quote from: Whitesideup on August 02, 2018, 09:53:04 AM
Quote from: hovewhite on August 02, 2018, 09:11:47 AM

Yes, they will get bums on seats in the premiership, for the big games certainly. However if the team does not do too well, will they sell out for the likes of Watford and Huddersfield? And if fortunes take a downturn, (and we face relegation or are indeed relegated again) will the club have lost any of its fan base that to date has been loyal? I suppose they can argue, well, we'll just lower the prices again and those loyal fans will return. Maybe, maybe not.

Last time we were in the premiership tickets if I recall correctly, were mostly £35. So over 40% increase in 4 years.

Given that ticket revenue makes up such a small part of overall revenues, I just wonder if this pricing is short-sighted from a commercial point of view ... as well as being frustrating from a fan's point of view.  I have my season ticket so I am not affected, for at least this year. But for my son, this will certainly mean fewer attendances this season. And that is a shame.
Agree with much of that but I recall that when in the Prem, A category games (Chels, Man U etc) had tickets at £65.  And that was 2012/3.  I'd guess >£85 now?

Hatch007

Last season I took my 10 y/o son and 7 y/o daughter to McBrides, the only CC hospitality package that offered a concession for minors. Adults were £120 and minors £60.

This season adults will be charged £339 for McBrides which I simply can't justify for one match. Football, more than ever, is big business and I'm led to believe McBrides is practically sold out already for the entire season.

Give the club it's due, myself and a guest have been invited to complimentary hospitality for this Saturday's game. Upon receiving the invitation, I explained that I was not in a position to take up any hospitality package this season due to the increased cost and offered them the chance to rescind the invitation in favour of an alternative client more likely to give them future business.

To the club's credit they appreciated my gesture but still inist I be their guest, as much as for a thank you for the business I gave them last season. A very decent gesture I feel.

MJG

Just a question on people perceptions of whats 'small' in regards to gate income as mentioned by Whitesideup below.

Palace for example, 82% of their revenue before transfers was from Broadcasting with gate reciepts say 10% of that figure, maybe just a bit less.

Is 10% of anything small?

Just the views of a long term fan

Fernhurst

Thank you for replying SC, there's no chance of me getting a season ticket, so pondering on investing in membership to get access to local (ish) away games on the South Coast at concessionary price as you have.
Any chance to see my beloved team.

sunburywhite

Quote from: Hatch007 on August 02, 2018, 10:02:43 AM
Last season I took my 10 y/o son and 7 y/o daughter to McBrides, the only CC hospitality package that offered a concession for minors. Adults were £120 and minors £60.

This season adults will be charged £339 for McBrides which I simply can't justify for one match. Football, more than ever, is big business and I'm led to believe McBrides is practically sold out already for the entire season.

Give the club it's due, myself and a guest have been invited to complimentary hospitality for this Saturday's game. Upon receiving the invitation, I explained that I was not in a position to take up any hospitality package this season due to the increased cost and offered them the chance to rescind the invitation in favour of an alternative client more likely to give them future business.

To the club's credit they appreciated my gesture but still inist I be their guest, as much as for a thank you for the business I gave them last season. A very decent gesture I feel.

Quite agree about the hospitality hike

I usually take a mate who is a Villa supporter to the game on the basis he has never seen Villa win at CC

Last year I think it was £145

Reason is McBrides is almost sold out is because people are filtering down as they are priced out of higher packages
Remember you are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think.
I will be as good as I can be and when I cross the finishing line I will see what it got me

Westlondonffc

If the bandwagon jumpers and posh boys want to go, it's up to them it's their money. But they give the club the chance to push prices up, to the detriment of loyal fans, and become the core of the fanbase. Which is exactly what happened at Chelsea

Fernhurst

Quote from: Hatch007 on August 02, 2018, 10:02:43 AM

Nice gesture I agree.
Was so proud last season to take my wife and Grandsons to McBrides for first game of the season, the whole package cost around £400.00
A week ago the club phoned me to find if I was interested in doing the same this season.
Got the lad to price it up for me and it came to £1000 with vat.
After my response (I wasn't rude) he couldn't wait to put the phone down.

Have to wait for the Grandsons to take me.