watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Dembele available

Started by Kimbleman, August 02, 2018, 10:58:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

itombomb

Anyone who doesn't think he'd be a tremendous signing is a fool, his performances in the CL last year were incredible.

Even if it cost £10mil and £150K a week it would be worth it for a season, then you could sell him on to China.

But my guess is he wants CL football or silly money.

filham

Quote from: itombomb on August 03, 2018, 11:02:44 AM
Anyone who doesn't think he'd be a tremendous signing is a fool, his performances in the CL last year were incredible.

Even if it cost £10mil and £150K a week it would be worth it for a season, then you could sell him on to China.

But my guess is he wants CL football or silly money.
Well we can't offer him CL football but my guess is we may be doing silly money now.

Milo

I would LOVE Dembele. He fits our style perfectly.

Boringly I keep saying this but he does need to want the ball more as he often lets himself get marked too easily and doesn't dictate play as much as he could if he was more proactive and found himself space.

Which is a shame because that is literally the only thing stopping him from being a world class midfielder. Why has no one told him this..!

cmg

Quote from: filham on August 03, 2018, 10:32:53 AM
Before commenting try to look way back to 1975 and think of the great job Mullery and Moore did for us in mid field at the end of their playing days,

Dembele, well worth a try.

I absolutely loved watching Mullery and Moore playing for us. I admired Mullery's enthusiasm, know-how and leadership. I was (still am) in awe of Moore's majestic style of defending. They were important factors in our magical, almost mythical, never-to-be-repeated cup saga. And yet they were being asked to operate for a low intensity, hopeful rather than ambitious, second tier outfit. After the Cup Final and the Best/Marsh cameo, whatever long-term vision there might have been was seen to lead down a dead end - almost literally!

I liked Dembele a lot and he developed into one of the best players of his type in Europe. But because I think we need to look forward rather than back, and for the reasons skillfully put forward by one of his main supporters, Milo, above (!) I think we should look elsewhere.

Skatzoffc

I think we've had this thread already.

It was a no from me then.
And its still a no.

Was a class player for us tho back in the day.

Siblings, let us not be down on it.
One total catastrophe like this...is just the beginning !

Milo

Fulham have a history of course of taking on top players towards end of career and doing well.

Robbie

No End of Career players please

the nutflush

Quote from: Milo on August 03, 2018, 12:46:45 PM
Fulham have a history of course of taking on top players towards end of career and doing well.

Murphy and Duff spring to mind.

Fulham Joe

Dembele (spurs one) is probably the best player I've ever seen in a Fulham shirt, so would I like him back? that's a tough one.
The other muppet, who plays for Celtic, I wouldn't want back at any price, never ever rated him.

ron

Quote from: the nutflush on August 03, 2018, 01:11:01 PM

Robson, Mullery and Moore

Budgie Byrne.....oh....errrrr

Milo

Quote from: ron on August 03, 2018, 05:04:31 PM
Quote from: the nutflush on August 03, 2018, 01:11:01 PM

Robson, Mullery and Moore

Budgie Byrne.....oh....errrrr

Karagounis!

love4ffc

Love Dembele and the time he played for Fulham.  Agree the past is the past and it is time to look forward.  Liking what I'm seeing so far in this summer window. 
Anyone can blend into the crowd.  How will you standout when it counts?