watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Backup striker option?

Started by bornafulhamfan, August 02, 2018, 11:32:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bornafulhamfan

Would you buy Aleksandar Prijovic. He is Mitros backup in national team and was top scorer of Greek league last season. Scored two more against Basel in Champions league qualifiers. Leeds wanted to sign him in winter and Paoks asking price than was apparently £4 million. He has decent goalscoring record and Champions league experience(with Legia Warsaw) and my Serbian friend told me that he is very popular in Serbia, where he is dubbed Serbian Ibrahimovic. Think he would be a nice addition and a good fit.

JDH101

More than happy for AK47 to play the role of back up. He's growing in confidence.

Woolly Mammoth

He is a big unit, must be at least 6 ft 3ins, but if Slavisa fancied him, and he would know all about him, he would have I would have thought notified Fulham.
But as has already been stated, we also have AK47 who looks a good prospect, with power and pace, a great combination.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

rogerpbackinMidEastUS

I think we have a lot of fluidity of positions and as he increases with playing time confidence, AK 47 could be a surprise package.
We certainly have a few players who perhaps PS teams won't be accustomed to:  Kebano, Ayite etc
VERY DAFT AND A LOT DAFTER THAN I SEEM, SOMETIMES

Woolly Mammoth

Yes Kebano has caught the eye in preseason, looks really sharp and busy, and could be another surprise package.

Never forget your Roots.

hovewhite

LB another CH are more important.

Jeroen

Don't forget that Schürrle can play in that position as well

bornafulhamfan

Quote from: Jeroen on August 03, 2018, 06:17:57 AM
Don't forget that Schürrle can play in that position as well

I would like us to buy another striker(of course after buying a lb and dm) who offers us something similar to Mitro. With Shuerrle on the pitch we would have to change our play style and although I love Kamara, I never liked him when he played as a striker, but I really liked him as a rw.

filham

Ayite, AK47 and Woodrow we should manage with that trio, at least until Christmas.

MJG

Quote from: filham on August 03, 2018, 11:07:42 AM
Ayite, AK47 and Woodrow we should manage with that trio, at least until Christmas.
I doubt Woodrow is even going to get a number.
Just the views of a long term fan

Hatch007

Quote from: MJG on August 03, 2018, 12:17:40 PM
Quote from: filham on August 03, 2018, 11:07:42 AM
I doubt Woodrow is even going to get a number.

Woodrow is playing with the U23s, hardly a ringing endorsement of his First Team credentials, sadly

Skatzoffc

Not essential for me at the mo. Defense to sort out.

I would like to see AK get games in the prem tho.

He could be awesome with his pace and should only get better.
Interesting to see how he develops.
Siblings, let us not be down on it.
One total catastrophe like this...is just the beginning !

the nutflush

Just finished watching the replay of the playoff final.  AK had a great second half till he was subbed off.  But he looks more suite dto playing wide on the right in my opinion.  I hope he gets a run at it. 

MrFFC

I do feel we could do with another ST as Fonte is struggling. Kamara seems to be played on the Right when he features so there is space there for 1 more forward player. Schurrle can go there if needed & others have pointed out Kebano has impressed there aswell
Come on you Whites!! :)

fulhamben

Personally think we are covered up top. Ak can slot in there if needed, as can others. Also some of our biggest wins in the last couple of seasons, have happened when we didn't play with a recognised striker. Our players are fantastic at inter changing on the fly and that alone causes all sorts of problems for defenders
CHRIS MARTIN IS SO BAD,  WE NOW PRAISE HIM FOR MAKING A RUN.

Woolly Mammoth

As we are now in the Premier League, and with Fonte looking even less likely to cut it at this level.
Another striker is vital I feel, and I think the club must agree, as they are still looking for one.
It's a long season and the club has to cover for the unexpected.
Not just injuries, or suspensions or loss of form, but also if we have a couple decent cup runs.
We need to have the foresight and vision to be in a position to deal with the challenges we shall meet.
In the meantime, if anyone can find a club that will take the risk of signing Fonte, either on loan or permanently, I will be much obliged. 

Never forget your Roots.

BernieBoy

Does anyone actually know what our maximum spend could be this summer? Having spent the best part of £80m and bringing in barely anything (except Button money) I'm concerned we cannot spend much more and we have a few positions still to fill.

Spending approx £15m on a LB and maybe another £15m on a CDM would put us around net spend of £105m I would imagine. That's not taking into consideration we could do with another CB, maybe another RB, RW and then the backup ST some people are calling for.

For me priority for permanent transfers should be LB and CDM if we are still within FFP and then see if we can get a couple of loans to beef the squad out.

I would take Tammy Abraham as a loan option to provide backup/plan b option. I do think AK47 should be given a fair crack also tho, as his pace and power will trouble some sides.

Baszab

Kamara will be brilliant this year
Give him time to mature
Another Saha

Roberty

Quote from: BernieBoy on August 04, 2018, 10:21:24 AM
Does anyone actually know what our maximum spend could be this summer? Having spent the best part of £80m and bringing in barely anything (except Button money) I'm concerned we cannot spend much more and we have a few positions still to fill.

The club are not going to tell anyone what they have to spend or how much has been spent - not all of the money for transfers is paid up front - before the end of last season it was reported that Villa still own us £6m for MacCormack

Ali Mac is an accountant and I would be sure he has his hand on the finance tiller.
It could be better but it's real life and not a fantasy

grandad

LB is the most pressing requirement. With Sess playing LW, Schurlle would have to play RW. AK would be our bencher who could come on for him or Mitro. With Kebano & Ayite we are covered in attack. We need to keep some funds available for January in case of any long term injuries. Not worried about another CB as we have 3 plus Odoi . Another would not get game time so would not want to spend big on another.
Where there's a will there's a wife