more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Who will partner Mawson??

Started by MrFFC, August 04, 2018, 09:06:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MrFFC

When Mawson is fit at CB?
Tim Ream was brilliant last year our deserved player of the season & I really like what I saw of Max Le Marchand at CB against Sampdoria.
Very similar playing style to Ream I thought. Be good competition between them 2 when Mawson is fully fit.
Come on you Whites!! :)

fulhamben

Depends if we get a left back or not. If we don't, I'd expect mlm to play most of his games there, if we do then I can see a mlm Mawson combo
CHRIS MARTIN IS SO BAD,  WE NOW PRAISE HIM FOR MAKING A RUN.

grandad

If we get a real LB there will be a real fight on the training ground between Ream & Marchand. If we do not get a LB I can see Marchand slotting in there. He is defensively good, passes well but has he the pace to forage forward? Maybe play a 3-5-2 as some PL sides do.
Where there's a will there's a wife

fulhamben

Quote from: grandad on August 04, 2018, 09:33:47 AM
If we get a real LB there will be a real fight on the training ground between Ream & Marchand. If we do not get a LB I can see Marchand slotting in there. He is defensively good, passes well but has he the pace to forage forward? Maybe play a 3-5-2 as some PL sides do.
and of course we are all just making this presumption. Mawson played as a left CB for Swansea did he not. And slavisa clearly likes Odoi at CB, so it's not that far fetched to say that we might see a Mawson Odoi combo at CB this season

rusty shackleford

It would be a real shame is Ream were unable to get a starting place this year after being out POTS last year

filham

So we have to wait for Mawson to get fit.
Any one surprised that we risked all those millions on a player recovering from a knee operation. One or two medics must have put their reputation on the line.

Remember the outcome of the Jimmy Bullard knee.

Woolly Mammoth

They have balanced the risk v reward, and come to the professional opinion that there will be plenty of reward and the club will more than get its money's worth.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

fulhamben

Quote from: Woolly Mammoth on August 04, 2018, 12:39:38 PM
They have balanced the risk v reward, and come to the professional opinion that there will be plenty of reward and the club will more than get its money's worth.
has there even been something official with regards to his injury. I've not seen anything other than what's been said on here

Woolly Mammoth

Quote from: fulhamben on August 04, 2018, 12:44:11 PM
Quote from: Woolly Mammoth on August 04, 2018, 12:39:38 PM
has there even been something official with regards to his injury. I've not seen anything other than what's been said on here

Not that I am aware of.
I feel that the length of time to anounce his signing, assuming it was for medical reasons.
May indicate that the club were more than thorough in their examination, to alay any doubts or fears, given his medical history.
A lot of money involved, so they probably left no stone unturned.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

Bassey the warrior

Quote from: fulhamben on August 04, 2018, 09:36:05 AM
Quote from: grandad on August 04, 2018, 09:33:47 AM
and of course we are all just making this presumption. Mawson played as a left CB for Swansea did he not. And slavisa clearly likes Odoi at CB, so it's not that far fetched to say that we might see a Mawson Odoi combo at CB this season

I think that's quite fanciful. Ream won't be dropped for Odoi.

filham

Ream was just magnificent last season, a centre back place must be his to lose.

Stoneleigh Loyalist

Something which has not been mentioned but rather than Mawson's knee, I wonder if the delay was due to the sorting out and payment of the sell on fees which had to be paid.?

ChesterTheTabby

Surely you meant who will partner REAM as CB? Tim has done nothing wrong to lose his spot to an injured Mawson. Alfie will not be the first name on the team sheet before Ream, not yet at least.
Someone once asked me, "Why Fulham?".
My response, "Well, lad, you just haven't seen the light yet"

Deeping_white

Quote from: maoconnor on August 04, 2018, 02:40:08 PM
Surely you meant who will partner REAM as CB? Tim has done nothing wrong to lose his spot to an injured Mawson. Alfie will not be the first name on the team sheet before Ream, not yet at least.

No because Ream is left footed and Mawson is right footed and plays on the right side

ChesterTheTabby

Quote from: Deeping_white on August 04, 2018, 02:46:40 PM

No because Ream is left footed and Mawson is right footed and plays on the right side

TBF that is a good point, however, a Center-back is a Center-back in my opinion (perhaps an unpopular one), and Alfie will more than likely be out for the first 2-3 games - at least not starting - so the question for the beginning of the season is who will pair with Ream...Odoi, Djalo, or Le Marchand.
Someone once asked me, "Why Fulham?".
My response, "Well, lad, you just haven't seen the light yet"

alfie

Quote from: maoconnor on August 04, 2018, 02:53:10 PM

TBF that is a good point, however, a Center-back is a Center-back in my opinion (perhaps an unpopular one), and Alfie will more than likely be out for the first 2-3 games - at least not starting - so the question for the beginning of the season is who will pair with Ream...Odoi, Djalo, or Le Marchand.
I don't care how much you say it, I am not playing centre back
Story of my life
"I was looking back to see if she was looking back to see if i was looking back at her"
Sadly she wasn't

Twig

Whilst Manson gets fit I think Ream will partner with Odoi (after his daft two match ban). But we have big problems for the first two games:

SP

I think we bumped into Alfie outside the ground today, if it was him, he's a big fella. Just what we need.

MrFFC

Will be Ream & Le Marchand against Palace. Both good players
Come on you Whites!! :)

S.F.Sorrow

Quote from: maoconnor on August 04, 2018, 02:53:10 PM

With Odoi suspended for the first two games of the season and Djalo not even considered good enough for the championship there's not really much choice, is there?