watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

MagiCAL! - Calum Chamber Signs

Started by ChesterTheTabby, August 07, 2018, 08:02:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ChesterTheTabby

The Club is delighted to announce the arrival of centre-back Calum Chambers from Arsenal on a season-long loan deal.

The versatile 23-year-old can be also be deployed at right-back, while he has been known to operate as a defensive midfielder on occasion, too.

Born in Petersfield in Hampshire, Chambers came through the impressive Southampton academy, making his first team debut as a 17-year-old in 2012 in a 4-1 win over Stevenage in the League Cup.

His league debut came almost a year later when he played right-back in a 1-0 win over West Bromwich Albion at the Hawthorns.

The 2013/14 season saw Chambers make a total of 24 appearances for the club – 22 of which were in the Premier League – which earned him a summer move to the Emirates.

Chambers joined Arsenal in July 2014 and made an instant impact, winning the FA Community Shield 3-0 against Manchester City, playing the full 90 minutes at centre-back.

The following weekend Chambers made his first appearance for the Gunners in the Premier League, playing the entirety of a 2-1 home win over Crystal Palace, again being deployed at the heart of the defence.

He was nominated for the 2014 Golden Boy award alongside Luke Shaw, John Stones and eventual winner Raheem Sterling. The accolade is given by sports journalists to a young footballer playing in Europe who has been the most impressive during a calendar year.

The defender scored his first senior goal in November 2014 in a 3-0 win over Burnley, and Chambers also registered an assist in that game as his cross was turned in by Alexis Sanchez.

Despite not being part of the matchday squad, he was also an FA Cup winner with Arsenal in 2015 having played in four of the previous rounds.

As well as winning the Community Shield, the FA Cup, making his Champions League debut and helping Arsenal reach third in the league, Chambers also won his first England cap that season

He made his Three Lions debut in September 2014, coming on as a replacement for John Stones at right-back in England's 1-0 win over Norway in an international friendly played at Wembley, and to date he has played three times for his country.

Chambers scored for Arsenal against Liverpool at the start of the 2016/17 season before being loaned to Middlesbrough for the remainder of the season, making 26 appearances and scoring once, in an impressive 2-2 draw with Manchester City.

He returned to Arsenal for the 2017/18 season and signed a new long-term contract with the Gunners this summer, having made a total of 83 appearances for the North London side.

In addition to senior international recognition, Chambers also won numerous caps for the youth teams up to Under-21 level, where he formed a strong central defensive partnership with Alfie Mawson at the 2017 European Championship where England reached the Semi-Finals.

After joining the Whites, Chambers told fulhamfc.com: "I'm really excited. I watched a lot of Fulham last season, I really like the way they play football, there's a good manager, it's a great club, so I'm really excited for the season ahead.

"Everyone can see that Fulham's a club that likes to play football, play football from the back, through the lines. That's the style of football I like as well, so I think it fits me and suits the way I play." 

Tony Khan added: "I'm very pleased to announce that Calum Chambers has joined Fulham Football Club on loan.

"Calum is a versatile defender with Premier League experience, and the combination of his strong data profile and the positive reports from our scouting department confirm that he's a tremendous talent.

"We fully expect Calum to contribute and are very happy to welcome him to our squad. Come on Fulham!"

http://www.fulhamfc.com/news/2018/august/07/calum-chambers-joins-on-loan
Someone once asked me, "Why Fulham?".
My response, "Well, lad, you just haven't seen the light yet"

St. Andrews White

Fantastic, although dissapointed no mention of an option buy!

Sent from my LG-H850 using Tapatalk

The Intertoto might not exist anymore, but that doesn't matter. We'll still win it again.

Mince n Tatties

hovewhite

Just delighted he's here,roll on woys boys at the cottage !

Woolly Mammoth

Excellent news, Let's hope we can get a couple more over the line.
Like a left back and DM to bolster the ranks.
Anything else will be a bonus.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

SP

Zaha to Spurs would work well for me.

Holders

Sounds like he's versatile too. A good piece of business.
Non sumus statione ferriviaria

Milo

General

LB, RB, DM and CF and we'd have done very well.

Fulham Tup North

Quote from: Mince n Tatties on August 07, 2018, 08:15:26 PM
⚽⚽⚽⚽👍👍👍
There you go Mince, there's your new Striker... oh wait!
Also, I like that every time we sign someone Tony K comes out with the line "Strong Data Profile" or "High Stats Recording". 
He is taking this 'Money-ball' thing very serious, isn't he :)
"Whether you think you can or you think you can't,....you're right"

YankeeJim

Wiki says he is 146 lbs. At 6 foot, he could hide behind one of my legs. How can he properly play a bull such as a Mitro style striker?
Just wondering.
Its not that I could and others couldn't.
Its that I did and others didn't.

Woolly Mammoth

Quote from: YankeeJim on August 07, 2018, 11:12:05 PM
Wiki says he is 146 lbs. At 6 foot, he could hide behind one of my legs. How can he properly play a bull such as a Mitro style striker?
Just wondering.

He looks heavier than that, he must be heavier than that. 6ft and 146lb. That's 10 Stone 6lb.
I am 8 inches taller but 286lb, that's 20 Stone 6lb, and I have hardly any fat on me.
He must be small boned, but as long as he punches his weight, and puts his body weight behind his tackles, and he should be pretty quick on the turn.
I met a few blokes who are slim and small boned, but as strong as an ox, and hard as nails.
Plus he has pedigree and has played for Arsenal and England so he is a very good signing.

Never forget your Roots.

GoonerJeeves

As a Gooner, I am really unhappy about this. Not because I wish you any ill, or because I think you'll ruin Chambers, but mainly because we could have used him ourselves...

Woolly Mammoth

Quote from: GoonerJeeves on August 08, 2018, 12:27:50 AM
As a Gooner, I am really unhappy about this. Not because I wish you any ill, or because I think you'll ruin Chambers, but mainly because we could have used him ourselves...

I am sorry that your loss is our gain, for a year at least. But pleased you rate him so highly.
We are fortunate to have his services. Which we needed desperately.

Never forget your Roots.

Forever Fulham

I'm not about picking a fight here, but come on.  6' and 146 lbs.?  He's a bean pole.  He won't be pushing anyone around.  That would make him an inch shorter than Tim, and around 12 lbs. lighter, too.  And no one on this board thinks Ream is particularly strong, or fast.  Quick, smart, skilled, high football IQ, yes.  Strong, no.  Maybe Chambers has the foot speed to go with the light frame. Where's our big honking monster CB who casts a shadow over the forward he's shutting down?  I wonder how many ribs you can see sticking out of Calum's chest at 6' and 146 lbs.  Ah, well.  I trust our skipper.  I don't think Khan the Younger would have acquired him without buy-in from Slava, so I'm resolving all doubt in favour of belief in the manager.  But, we still need a back who can slow the roll of a giant forward like Lukaku.

Woolly Mammoth

Quote from: Forever Fulham on August 08, 2018, 04:40:08 AM
I'm not about picking a fight here, but come on.  6' and 146 lbs.?  He's a bean pole.  He won't be pushing anyone around.  That would make him an inch shorter than Tim, and around 12 lbs. lighter, too.  And no one on this board thinks Ream is particularly strong, or fast.  Quick, smart, skilled, high football IQ, yes.  Strong, no.  Maybe Chambers has the foot speed to go with the light frame. Where's our big honking monster CB who casts a shadow over the forward he's shutting down?  I wonder how many ribs you can see sticking out of Calum's chest at 6' and 146 lbs.  Ah, well.  I trust our skipper.  I don't think Khan the Younger would have acquired him without buy-in from Slava, so I'm resolving all doubt in favour of belief in the manager.  But, we still need a back who can slow the roll of a giant forward like Lukaku.

I cannot disagree with you there, and perhaps Wikipedia have made an error, and maybe Fulham have another big chunky Centre Back in mind. You never know with Fulham. It's just my observations, but if your going to pick a fight, pick on someone your own size 👊 💪🏽🥊🏋️‍♀️  064.gif

Never forget your Roots.

Skatzoffc

I like the fact he has already played alongside Mawson too.
COYW!
Siblings, let us not be down on it.
One total catastrophe like this...is just the beginning !