watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Best Irishman to play for FULHAM.

Started by Russianrob, August 08, 2018, 03:14:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Russianrob

If we are talking about the North got to be George but the Republic has given us some real diamonds.Oldie has to be the great Jimmy Conway and modern player Duff though Baird and Hughes also worth a loud shout.

bencher

Fulham Tup North

:Haynes The Maestro:  Gerry Peyton must be worth a shout??
Great shot stopper.
:yay:
"Whether you think you can or you think you can't,....you're right"

Holders

All good calls for players from the Emerald Isle, north or south. I wouldn't go for Best, though, as he was past his best (no pun intended) and I thought he was having a bit of a larf with us.
Non sumus statione ferriviaria

mancwhite

Ray Houghton was fantastic for us and Ireland - who can forget his goal at Newcastle for us - never mind his great goals for the Republic against Italy in the World Cup and England in the Euros
Your just too good to be true Fulham

KJS

gezkc

Quote from: mancwhite on August 08, 2018, 03:54:30 PM
Ray Houghton was fantastic for us and Ireland - who can forget his goal at Newcastle for us - never mind his great goals for the Republic against Italy in the World Cup and England in the Euros

+1 I was always a fan of Houghton and he went in to great success with Liverpool and Big Jack's Ireland team.

He and Duff would be my choices for best Irish Fulham player.

Two Ton Ted

Ray Houghton for me.

Best was past his best when he played for us.
Never ever bloody anything ever.

Fulham Joe

Cantos

hovewhite

Arun Hughes biggest part of brede successful time at Fulham.

Grumpy Worthing White

dgnffc

Twig

This is more difficult than the Welsh version.  I was a huge fan of Duffy and have great memories of Ray Houghton but for me Steve Finnan was a class apart, a real pleasure to watch.

St Eve

mrmicawbers

Jimmy Conway for me.My late Father wrote to Fulham letting them know what a great prospect he was and received a letter from Vic Buckingham saying they were already looking at him and he signed a short while afterwards. Ray Houghton and Finnan were probably better players but not Irish in my opinion.

aaronmcguigan

By no means the best, but if you're including the North, Rodney McAree needs included as a cult hero

Barrett487

Barrett487

Can't wait till we get to vote on best player from Montenegro

gerrys