watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

This transfer window

Started by Riversider, August 08, 2018, 05:55:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Riversider

Is fast going from promising to disappointing , can't believe that with 23 hours to go we still haven't got a suitable left back and we haven't upgraded at right back,
Dò we still need midfield cover ?
Do we still need cover at right wing ?
Do we still need another striker ?
Is all of the above going to happen ? ................NO !
The only rumour today being that of a new keeper, what does that mean for Fabri and Betts ?
Even if all the above were to happen (which it wont) we wouldn't be properly prepared for Palace on Saturday,
Can't believe we've left things so late.

MJG

You are kidding right? Disappointing!!!!
Really? Come 5pm tomorrow if it stays the same that's your conclusion?
Just the views of a long term fan

Hatch007

Quote from: MJG on August 08, 2018, 06:00:15 PM
You are kidding right? Disappointing!!!!
Really? Come 5pm tomorrow if it stays the same that's your conclusion?
Couldn't agree more!
Disappointing? With all due respect, what on earth are you on, Riversider?
It'll be frustrating if we don't sign a LB and competition for KMac and Mitro but to call the window disappointing as a whole? I'm incredulous you could even consider posting that!
We are third highest spenders in the PL as things stand, I believe.
WOW!!!

hovewhite

Spend 77million and it's a poor window ,Christ what have they got to do.
We have still to sign a L.B which I think we will, anybody else in will be a bonus in a brilliant window.

HV71

It has been a very good window. I trust Slav when he says he needs more ( that's part of his job ) whilst he won't get everything I do believe he will get enough to keep him happy ( LB & a forward ) would be my bet

filham

I am surprised at the amount we have spent and  the number of players we have signed.
Of course we lost  loan players who had to be replacedand therefore a number of signings were needed just to get to the level we finished last season.

The failure has been in not signing a left back but that has been difficult because Southampton have been asking the earth for Targett.

One thing is certain , we have easilly created a Fulham record for spending.

@jolslover

STH H3

sunburywhite

Remember you are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think.
I will be as good as I can be and when I cross the finishing line I will see what it got me

rusty shackleford

If we dont sign anyone i hope SJ shuts up with his moaning its fine while the windows open but after 5pm tomorrow take what ya got and do your job

Barrett487

Quote from: Riversider on August 08, 2018, 05:55:44 PM
Is fast going from promising to disappointing , can't believe that with 23 hours to go we still haven't got a suitable left back and we haven't upgraded at right back,
The only rumour today being that of a new keeper, what does that mean for Fabri and Betts ?
Even if all the above were to happen (which it wont) we wouldn't be properly prepared for Palace on Saturday,

I think 'disappointing' is a strong word, however i agree that we look extremely vulnerable atm at LB (Aleesami rumoured plus Willems) and need a second striker (Ayew rumoured).

I'm sure a LB will come in, otherwise R.Sess  looks like having to play where he's least effective.

Lighthouse

I think the three positions we needed more than any other were centre half and left back and centre forward. We have very expensive players in positions in midfield and wide left and keeper. My only question is until we seen them in the Prem just how good will they be. They all come with wonderful reputations. But we are still in dire need of a left back. Our defence will be ok when Mawson is fit. But when you have spent all that money and we are still without a decent left back and still very light up front. I can sympathise with those fans who are worried.

Still if Seri and the rest do their stuff then we will be happy enough. Tomorrow will be interesting if not a little frustrating.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

KingofCheese

I think we must be up there with Spurs, Newcastle and Liverpool...in having the most moaning fans in the premier...we'll done guys!
Jullie Kaas is mijn Kaas

Camel Club

With less than 24 hours to go I would have hoped for confirmation of a left back but that said the lack of Premier League deals today has really surprised me with the window  closing tomorrow at 5pm and not 11pm.

Fulham have had arguably the best transfer window of all PL clubs and I applaud those that have been responsible for the business conducted.

If our squad stays as it is now then we should be very happy indeed. My only criticism (I'd prefer to call it an observation) would be that there would be an obvious defensive imbalance on the left hand side and we might be a bit light up front if the worst happened.

That said, as well as most of our first team starters from last season and the acquisitions over the summer, I still expect the likes of Kebano, AK and Ayite to prove they aren't just makeweights in our PL squad.

Keep the faith. COYW!!

Twig

Why do some on here always want to polarise things between the so called moaners and the sycophants?  The majority of posters are usually trying to make a reasonable point. ok sometimes they exaggerate (whether over optimistically or unduly pessimistically).  Can't we try to be a bit more tolerant before jumping on someone?

With regards to this post, I feel the window has been really exciting as far as it goes, but that we do need a LB and a bit more depth.  Hopefully tomorrow will see a bit more action.

Statto

Quote from: Twig on August 08, 2018, 07:48:45 PM
Why do some on here always want to polarise things between the so called moaners and the sycophants?  The majority of posters are usually trying to make a reasonable point. ok sometimes they exaggerate (whether over optimistically or unduly pessimistically).  Can't we try to be a bit more tolerant before jumping on someone?

With regards to this post, I feel the window has been really exciting as far as it goes, but that we do need a LB and a bit more depth.  Hopefully tomorrow will see a bit more action.

Exactly

alfie

Without jumping on the poster, you can only try to buy players but, if the the player you want is not for sale or does not want to come to Fulham, not much you can do, or you can go out and buy cheap LB or RB. I am sure that if the club have been willing to spend the money they have already, I am sure they would get the player/S if available.
This is just my take on things, I think a few clubs are holding out until last minutes to try get the best deals they can.
Story of my life
"I was looking back to see if she was looking back to see if i was looking back at her"
Sadly she wasn't

KingofCheese

Quote from: Twig on August 08, 2018, 07:48:45 PM

It is tiresome that some people can never be happy...I used to have a member of staff whose tales of woe about her travel were legend..not even pointing out that millions of kids have to sleep on the streets around the world broke though her moaning about some person who had the audacity to have a heart attack on her train thus making her late.
Jullie Kaas is mijn Kaas

RoyTund

I think it is unrealistic to expect us to have a perfect window. We are new to the league so playing catch up and also came up through the playoffs so started preparation even further behind wolves and Cardiff.

What has impressed me is the quality of the signings. We are not just looking at anyone nor doing the cheap or easy options. I would be surprised if many people would not have taken what we have done at the start of the window.

I do think a quality lb is key. And if that is all we get from now I will be happy. Anymore would make this, on paper,exceptional.

Maidstone Lee

Quote from: Riversider on August 08, 2018, 05:55:44 PM

I expect this kind of post on TIFF but not on here!
Stand up if you still believe!
@LeeWarner19

toshes mate

If we buy a player for a lot of money and they prove to be utterly inappropriate (no names) then there are plenty on here who worshiped the recruiters when they signed, and then rubbished the player when they fail.  The recruiters are paid big, big money to do their job and if they appear to fail we are seemingly unwelcome in voicing disapproval but its perfectly okay to have a constant moan about the player. Such people need to get wise about anybody who fails to do a good job on the staff at Fulham.  I'd like to think I know who the best professionals at Fulham are and they are on the training ground every session and they will be there regardless of how tough the job is they are left with.