Main Menu

We’re not selling Ryan Sessegnon

Started by Stevieboy, August 08, 2018, 08:52:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Stevieboy

Tony Khan.....official !!!!

Would post link if I knew how to attach to posts!!    092.gif

SWSixer

https://au.eurosport.com/football/tony-khan-quashes-ryan-sessegnon-transfer-rumours_sto6880368/story.shtml

Tony really wears his heart on his sleeve. It is quite refreshing but I anticipate it might get him into trouble one of these days.

KingofCheese

Never thought we would be. Selling a major asset which could keep us in the premier and pay for our spending so far for a knock down price (if he does well this year he could be worth ten times what he is worth now) is not good business...and you don't become a billionaire by being rubbish in business.
Jullie Kaas is mijn Kaas

CottagersOnTour

Quote from: SWSixer on August 09, 2018, 01:01:52 AM
https://au.eurosport.com/football/tony-khan-quashes-ryan-sessegnon-transfer-rumours_sto6880368/story.shtml

Tony really wears his heart on his sleeve. It is quite refreshing but I anticipate it might get him into trouble one of these days.

I have often thought exactly that!

Jims Dentist

I have my tin hat on and am ready for the likely flac, but,
I wonder if we have missed a trick by not selling him in this window when according to the media we might have got £50m or so for him.
I know people will say that having reached the prem the money is not so important, but I can see him struggling against premiership opponents, and then his value could significantly fall.
Of course I hope he goes on to have a great season, but the signs were there from March last season.⏳

Gezza

Agree Jims Dentist. I think we have missed a trick on not cashing in. I think Ryan is a good player for his age but has been massively over hyped. Note Ryan Fredericks' comments on joining West Ham. Ryan has struggled against superior opposition and quality right backs whenever he has been exposed to them. I hope I am wrong but think he will struggle in the prem.

Bill2

Quote from: Gezza on August 09, 2018, 06:14:49 PM
Agree Jims Dentist. I think we have missed a trick on not cashing in. I think Ryan is a good player for his age but has been massively over hyped. Note Ryan Fredericks' comments on joining West Ham. Ryan has struggled against superior opposition and quality right backs whenever he has been exposed to them. I hope I am wrong but think he will struggle in the prem.
Sorry can't agree with this. I believe he has the biggest attribute all great players have in that he can think and look around him often before the ball arrives. So I am glad he is still with us, to see hopefully one of the potentially great players play for your Club is wonderful. Also if he develops into the player I hope he does he will double his value.

Mullers OG

This has been an amazing transfer window and all at FFC need congratulating.

Among many great signings the best piece of news is that R Sessegnon is still with us.  Just to make every supporter's day the icing on the cake would be news of a contract extension.