watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Anguissa Signs

Started by Friendsoffulham, August 09, 2018, 08:33:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Friendsoffulham

The Club is delighted to confirm the signing of André-Frank Zambo Anguissa for an undisclosed fee from Olympique de Marseille.

The 22-year-old midfielder has penned a five-year-deal with Fulham, subject to a work permit being granted.

An imposing defensive midfield player, Anguissa spent his youth with Cotonsport in his native Cameroon and Stade de Reims, before moving to Marseille in the summer of 2015.

He quickly made his debut as a 19-year-old in the Europa League, playing the full 90 minutes as Marseille won 3-0 at FC Groningen.

Anguissa clocked up a further 11 appearances in 2015/16, and truly established himself the following term, featuring 35 times.

Last season was a very prosperous one for Marseille. In addition to finishing fourth, just one point off the Champions League places, they reached the Europa League Final. Anguissa played the full 90 minutes but Atletico Madrid proved to be too strong and claimed a 3-0 win.

He departs Marseille having made 106 appearances for the club.

Having made his debut for the full Cameroon side in March 2017, Anguissa was called up for their Confederations Cup squad that summer, playing practically every minute of the campaign and scoring in a 1-1 draw with Australia.

Anguissa said: "I am delighted to have signed for Fulham today. This is a new chapter in my career and one I'm really looking forward to.

"I hope to bring my qualities to this new project. I like a challenge and I will ensure that I give my very best to my team, the Club, and the supporters."

Tony Khan said: "I'm thrilled to announce that Fulham Football Club has signed André Zambo Anguissa. André's tremendous data profile, his glowing scouting reports, and his sterling reputation confirm his world class talent.

"Throughout this summer, we've pursued elite players on whom we believed we could rely to deliver the quality required to challenge the great competition we'll face in the Premier League, and thus, Andre has been one of our top targets.

"We are very excited that he's joining the Club! Come on Fulham!"

http://www.fulhamfc.com/news/2018/august/09/andre-frank-zambo-anguissa-joins-fulham

Fulham1959

That must be it, now.  I'm breathless !

"Over to you, Mr. Starter*" - *AKA Slavisa Jokanovic.

The Enclosurite

I think we are going to need Football Manager style names above the players' heads on Saturday so we know who they are!
Crazy window, so much more than any of us expected.   049:gif COYW!
¡COYW!

General

Any more? Or is that everything done?

Not sure what to make of today's signings but this one seems to be the pick of the bunch.. 5 year deal too suggests they have high hopes for him aged 22. Excited to see how the team end up midway through the season once everyone's settled in.

Assuming it'll be Seri, Cairney and Anguissa now.. although I say that hoping both Seri and Anguissa manage to find their feet and blossom in the league. Fingers crossed.

The Old Count

The Enclosurite

Quote from: General on August 09, 2018, 08:47:48 PM
Any more? Or is that everything done?

Not sure what to make of today's signings but this one seems to be the pick of the bunch.. 5 year deal too suggests they have high hopes for him aged 22. Excited to see how the team end up midway through the season once everyone's settled in.

Assuming it'll be Seri, Cairney and Anguissa now.. although I say that hoping both Seri and Anguissa manage to find their feet and blossom in the league. Fingers crossed.

One of the things that has impressed me most with these transfers is the length of the contracts.  Gone are the days of 1 or 2 years, these guys are obviously being sold a vision by the Khans.  Can't wait for this season to start now!   049:gif COYW!
¡COYW!

cmg

The OM supporters seem to be unanimous in their praise for this bloke. A 'magnifique superbe joueur'. They praise his effort, leadership, work-rate and professionalism. It's even suggested that they retire his number (29)!
Big fee, but I'm looking forward to seeing the impact he makes on the PL.