watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Where are the goals going to come from?

Started by Southcoastffc, August 09, 2018, 09:06:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Southcoastffc

Don't misunderstand me. We seem to have done great business. And we've strengthened in goal, back line, defensive and attacking midfield but if (if, if, if) Mitro misfires, are we relying on AK?  Teams in relegation scraps often survive if they have goalscorers and I'm a little surprised that we have not supplemented at CF.  BUT I'M NOT COMPLAINING.
The world is made up of electrons, protons, neurons, possibly muons and, definitely, morons.

OMalleyCat

Vietto should do the job up top.

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

Lyle from Hangeland

The goals will come from all over. Mitrovic is even going to toot them out his bottom.

Tabby

We scored the most goals in the league with Chris Martin up top. Goals will come even if it isn't Mitro.

And we have Vietto as backup.

General

The thing that may help is the fact that every player we've signed and probably long time will play as a starter knows how to score goals.

Chambers, Mawson, schurrle, Seri, Anguissa, Bryan, Cairney, Sessegnon all have a track record of scoring goals. That was as much a strength of our season last year than constantly have a lot of goals coming from a striker. Hopefully mitrovic or whoever can play up front can leverage that as much now.

Southcoastffc

Vietto is 5'8" tall, since 2015 has scored 9 goals in 60 games. I'm sure we will score from all over the park, but IF Mitro doesn't do it (injury or other) perhaps AK will. I do think we'll have a decent season.
The world is made up of electrons, protons, neurons, possibly muons and, definitely, morons.

fulhamben

Quote from: Tabby on August 09, 2018, 09:10:56 PM
We scored the most goals in the league with Chris Martin up top. Goals will come even if it isn't Mitro.

And we have Vietto as backup.
we scored more when we dropped him and played with no striker. goals come from everywhere with our system
CHRIS MARTIN IS SO BAD,  WE NOW PRAISE HIM FOR MAKING A RUN.

Deeping_white

Quote from: Southcoastffc on August 09, 2018, 09:17:30 PM
Vietto is 5'8" tall, since 2015 has scored 9 goals in 60 games. I'm sure we will score from all over the park, but IF Mitro doesn't do it (injury or other) perhaps AK will. I do think we'll have a decent season.

He's been down the pecking order at various teams and apparently seemed to wilt under the pressure at big clubs. A lot of people who watch Spanish football regularly reckon that if we get anywhere near the sort of player that he was at Villareal then he'll score for fun

FulhamStu

There are goals all over the squad, has anyone even mentioned last seasons top scorer ?

Marcel_Gecov

Johansen? Top scorer over last two seasons.

mccscratch

do you remember when Vinny Montella came in on loan, what a player he looked to be... Vietto will make you think of him..pure class.
Just score 3+ goals a game and we will gain promotion...I promise

Bryanthebroom

Watching his highlights he often looks like more of an attacking MF player or second striker that an out and out number 9, often arriving late in the box to score his goals. I think when he does play up top he has a tendency to drop into midfield to get involved in the play, sort of like Firmino does for Liverpool. While this trait suits our play perfectly it could go some way to explain his lack of goals when playing on his own without another striker up there with him.

Statto

3" taller than maradona and the same height as pele then