News:

Use a VPN to stream games Safely and Securely 🔒
A Virtual Private Network can also allow you to
watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Slav will need time, fans need to be patient.

Started by FulhamStu, August 09, 2018, 09:34:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

FulhamStu

We have virtually a complete new team.   I could not tell you our best back 4 if everyone is fit.  Our best keeper or our best front 3.

Slav will need weeks if not months to fully integrate and get this squad playing as he wants it too.

We will helpfully start well, but do not be suprised if it takes a while.  We need to encourage, support and things will happen in a good way.

Long term, my expectations are high, short term, we may just need to be patient and let Slav work things out.

By my reckoning, we have just signed over £160 million of talent to add to Sess, Cairney etc.  WOW !

HV71

Totally agree - we must give the players time to settle in and not be too judgemental or harsh. We will make mistakes  - we must just learn from them . It's an amazing start but be prepared to come back down to earth  on Saturday evening. Have patience. Have faith. In Joka I trust ! COYW!!!!

RaySmith

Agree - good posts.

Hopefully we can be up and running with a decent team that will get results quite quickly - well, we need to, and I trust Slavisa to integrate the new players slowly, but also not be frightened to play individuals if  he thinks they're ready.

But it's true that we need to be patient if results  don't go all our way at first

Twig

General

Quote from: FulhamStu on August 09, 2018, 09:34:13 PM
We have virtually a complete new team.   I could not tell you our best back 4 if everyone is fit.  Our best keeper or our best front 3.

Slav will need weeks if not months to fully integrate and get this squad playing as he wants it too.

We will helpfully start well, but do not be suprised if it takes a while.  We need to encourage, support and things will happen in a good way.

Long term, my expectations are high, short term, we may just need to be patient and let Slav work things out.

By my reckoning, we have just signed over £160 million of talent to add to Sess, Cairney etc.  WOW !

£160m? Where did that figure come from?

Deeping_white

I don't think it will take that long. In the championship I would agree, but with the calibre of player coming in, I would expect that they're technically good enough to grasp how the manager wants them to play. Certainly some of the players have come in from teams that play very similar football to us, so the footballing philosophy should already be ingrained on them. In a few months when everyone is in and firing on all cylinders, I reckon we'll do some damage to some of the so called bigger teams though.

Lighthouse

It really will be a case of finding the right players in the right formation with the right tactics. Hopefully we manage to get by without injury problems. We are always going to be playing catch up as we had such a small squad once all our loan players went last season. Our aim as always must be to finish as high as possible. It wont happen overnight but we can be patient.  There are less games in the Prem and less learning on the job during matches.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

ex-Pat

Quote from: RaySmith on August 09, 2018, 09:49:05 PM
Agree - good posts.

Hopefully we can be up and running with a decent team that will get results quite quickly - well, we need to, and I trust Slavisa to integrate the new players slowly, but also not be frightened to play individuals if  he thinks they're ready.

But it's true that we need to be patient if results  don't go all our way at first

Why do we have to be patient ? ? these are multi million pound professionals,,they had better know what they are doing,,If an electrician goes to a different building site , do you think he would know what to do.............   

Marcel_Gecov

Quote from: ex-Pat on August 09, 2018, 11:14:52 PM
Agree - good posts.

Why do we have to be patient ? ? these are multi million pound professionals,,they had better know what they are doing,,If an electrician goes to a different building site , do you think he would know what to do.............

Well he needs to understand his job, what he is requiring, where the sockets are going etc so yes it would take time. Bad example.

Statto

Quote from: Marcel_Gecov on August 09, 2018, 11:40:45 PM
Agree - good posts.

Well he needs to understand his job, what he is requiring, where the sockets are going etc so yes it would take time. Bad example.

I would actually love to see a UK electrician go to France or Spain and try to get his head around those weird two-pin sockets. That would not end well at all.

Agree 100% with the OP

Marcel_Gecov

Quote from: Statto on August 09, 2018, 11:45:50 PM
Agree - good posts.

I would actually love to see a UK electrician go to France or Spain and try to get his head around those weird two-pin sockets. That would not end well at all.

Agree 100% with the OP

This is true.

The Rock

Quote from: General on August 09, 2018, 10:56:01 PM

£160m? Where did that figure come from?

100 in transfers. 60 in loan "value". Great posts on here about the massive influx and necessary integration. Lets hope patience is not needed in many cases, if chosen.

RaySmith

Agree - good posts.

Fotballl is a team game, and ateam can take  time to gel.
But we can't afford to take too long about it - we need to start getting god results quickly.But fans should always be pateient, imo, and not get on players backs if things don't work out immediately, because you can try your bet and it
Agree - good posts.

Football is a team game, were everyone is reliant on  everyone else, rather than  just individuals plying their skills like an electrician. Though, as said, the electrician might struggle in an unfamilar   environment - different  methods and techniques, just as a foriegn player has to get used to different  ways of playing, culture,  refs, language etc.

But I was mainly thinking of adjuting to a new team, with so many new players.

But, as i said, we need to  get it together quickly, but I think fans should always be patient and not get in players' backs, bcause i usually assume  they are doing their best.

It isn't just like a manual skill - does the electrician work in a highly competitive  environment, as part of a team, having to prove he's better than the opposing  electricians all the time? is he under constant pressure from  spectators and fans, and press? are successful results hard to  obtain?-

you assume that if he follows the rights practise he will get the right  results, whereas  positive results can be hard to  get in football,  even if you do everything right, because you are reliant on the rest of your team,  competing against  other teams who desperately want to beat you.

Denver Fulham

I can help you out...

Our best keeper is the 24yo we just loaned from Sevilla. He's the obvious No. 1 now. Far superior to the other two.

Our best front three is Mitrovic and two of Schurrle, Sess and Kamara. But I like the gamble on Vietto. Could be a huge lottery ticket for us.

The back four is more muddled, but I assume it includes Bryan, two of Ream/Mawson/Chambers, and Christie for now. We'll see about TFM.

The three-man midfield is obvious: Cairney, Seri, Anguissa

AllyWhite

Quote from: Denver Fulham on August 10, 2018, 03:04:28 AM

I can help you out...

Our best keeper is the 24yo we just loaned from Sevilla. He's the obvious No. 1 now. Far superior to the other two.

Our best front three is Mitrovic and two of Schurrle, Sess and Kamara. But I like the gamble on Vietto. Could be a huge lottery ticket for us.

The back four is more muddled, but I assume it includes Bryan, two of Ream/Mawson/Chambers, and Christie for now. We'll see about TFM.

Regarding the keeper, what's your basis? He has the worst save percentage (50+%) in the whole of La Liga last season. Is it just because he hails from Sevilla that you assume he's "Far superior"? If anything Betts is still my no. 1.

AllyWhite

Agree - good posts.

Simple explanation Dr. Watson, an electrician does not need to gel in a team of 11.

Denver Fulham

Quote from: AllyWhite on August 10, 2018, 04:28:52 AM
Quote from: Denver Fulham on August 10, 2018, 03:04:28 AM

I can help you out...

Regarding the keeper, what's your basis? He has the worst save percentage (50+%) in the whole of La Liga last season. Is it just because he hails from Sevilla that you assume he's "Far superior"? If anything Betts is still my no. 1.

He wasn't as good last season as the prior two, but he's still only 24 and has made almost 150 appearances in a top-3 league worldwide (or in UCL/EL). He's quite talented and has ample experience at a much higher level than Bettinelli. He's also not agreeing to come on loan to sit on the bench.

Also, I suspect something's significantly wrong with Bettinelli health-wise. We went from he was expected back soon to suddenly loaning a goalkeeper from Sevilla? Doesn't add up. But we may have fluked into a much better GK situation than we had yesterday.

Woolly Mammoth

I was looking forward to seeing Betts start the season, as I felt he deserved to.
However, I cannot see why Fulham would have brought in another Keeper of this quality unless there is a serious concern over some issue, whether it's a medical reason or some other reason.
I would imagine that all will be revealed in due course I would think.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

Peppo

It will take time but knowing our fans I can see our first defeat will have the message boards flooded with posts about all the money we've wasted and how the club don't know what the hell they are doing...  blah blah blah

toshes mate

Quote from: Lighthouse on August 09, 2018, 11:06:59 PM
It really will be a case of finding the right players in the right formation with the right tactics. Hopefully we manage to get by without injury problems. We are always going to be playing catch up as we had such a small squad once all our loan players went last season. Our aim as always must be to finish as high as possible. It wont happen overnight but we can be patient.  There are less games in the Prem and less learning on the job during matches.
You are bang on form today, Lighthouse, short and perfectly expressed.