News:

Use a VPN to stream games Safely and Securely 🔒
A Virtual Private Network can also allow you to
watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Hands up if we thought Shahid Khan wasn't going to support us?

Started by davew, August 09, 2018, 09:49:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

davew

I will raise both my hands with a glass in each toasting his health and a warm thanks for what he has done this window in approving and financing the transfers this window, I can't believe it!! His hands have been tied with the FFP rules and unfortunately not knowing an awful lot about football perhaps making the mistake of hiring the wrong people to fill their wallets and pull the wool over his eyes. he has  really impressed me now!  :wine:

Even the most negative poster on here (which isn't me by a long chalk) must agree that this window shows intent, we won't finish in the top 4 or 6 but we won't finish in the bottom 3, without the investment we could have done!! Sorry for the Players who achieved the success in getting promotion to the PL and most won't be first team choices anymore, but the gap between the 2 leagues is huge and if you don't invest you get relegated, we now have a strong enough squad to stay up!!
Grandson of a Former Director of FFC (served 1954 - 1968)

RaySmith

I thought he and his father would, because I didn't think they would want to go straight back down, but would far rather succeed in the Prem. They are winners.

mccscratch

Quote from: davew on August 09, 2018, 09:49:12 PM
I will raise both my hands with a glass in each toasting his health and a warm thanks for what he has done this window in approving and financing the transfers this window, I can't believe it!! His hands have been tied with the FFP rules and unfortunately not knowing an awful lot about football perhaps making the mistake of hiring the wrong people to fill their wallets and pull the wool over his eyes. he has  really impressed me now!  :wine:

Even the most negative poster on here (which isn't me by a long chalk) must agree that this window shows intent, we won't finish in the top 4 or 6 but we won't finish in the bottom 3, without the investment we could have done!! Sorry for the Players who achieved the success in getting promotion to the PL and most won't be first team choices anymore, but the gap between the 2 leagues is huge and if you don't invest you get relegated, we now have a strong enough squad to stay up!!

If chemistry can be found early and we take advantage of the first 10 fixtures... I really believe that top 6 is within reason... This team is oozing class...I hope the magician at the helm can come up with the right ingredients each match... The cupboard is STOCKED!
Just score 3+ goals a game and we will gain promotion...I promise

FFCFOREVER

Quote from: RaySmith on August 09, 2018, 09:51:20 PM
I thought he and his father would, because I didn't think they would want to go straight back down, but would far rather succeed in the Prem. They are winners.

This exactly

Fulham1959

nose returns

I thought we woul get one big name and a few workmen. As it is the owner went pst the point of what was anticipated by a mile. A definite sea change from the play offs onward, the kahs at wemberly showed how passionate they were, that was what i had wanted to see for four years, i think they are now properly hooked and in for life....

KingofCheese

It would be really good for the moaners to hold their hands up having seen the misery they have posted on here for so long. I will be so happy if they now have faith in both the owners and our club again COYWS!
Jullie Kaas is mijn Kaas

Twig

Quote from: KingofCheese on August 09, 2018, 10:05:53 PM
It would be really good for the moaners to hold their hands up having seen the misery they have posted on here for so long. I will be so happy if they now have faith in both the owners and our club again COYWS!

I am sick and tired of you calling others moaners. (So I'm having a moan at you). Posters had legitimate concerns and discussed them sensibly in most cases.  The small number of genuine moaners were pretty much balanced by a similar number of smug sycophants.  Your post reeks of the latter in an annoying "I told you so" tone.  Let it go and move on.

BedsFFC

Quote from: Twig on August 09, 2018, 10:27:59 PM

I am sick and tired of you calling others moaners. (So I'm having a moan at you). Posters had legitimate concerns and discussed them sensibly in most cases.  The small number of genuine moaners were pretty much balanced by a similar number of smug sycophants.  Your post reeks of the latter in an annoying "I told you so" tone.  Let it go and move on.
I dont have a problem with "the small number of moaners" who had "legitimate concerns". I had many conversations when we got relegated. The problem I have is the small band who hijacked thread after thread for what seems like years and in my opinion made this place far less fun and ineresting

In this internet world, people can type away using words like FACT and be oblivious to the facts and they will also rarely admit they were wrong.

Tonight is one of those times when it is clear they were wrong.

I won't. But, if a few posters fancied a bit of gloating for a short period, I think it would be entirely justified.

MJG

Quote from: BedsFFC on August 09, 2018, 10:43:10 PM

I dont have a problem with "the small number of moaners" who had "legitimate concerns". I had many conversations when we got relegated. The problem I have is the small band who hijacked thread after thread for what seems like years and in my opinion made this place far less fun and ineresting

In this internet world, people can type away using words like FACT and be oblivious to the facts and they will also rarely admit they were wrong.

I won't. But, if a few posters fancied a bit of gloating for a short period, I think it would be entirely justified.
:54:
Just the views of a long term fan

KingofCheese

This  049:gif
Jullie Kaas is mijn Kaas

HobGoblin

Quote from: KingofCheese on August 09, 2018, 11:14:58 PM

This  049:gif
0001.jpeg

KingofCheese

Maybe "I told you so"and was right  :wow:
Jullie Kaas is mijn Kaas

SuffolkWhite

Total faith all along. Some fans expressed their concern because they were worried, thats fair enough. Now they dont have to worry so much.  049:gif
Guy goes into the doctor's.
"Doc, I've got a cricket ball stuck up my backside
"How's that?"
"Don't you start"

Statto

Some context: Khan royally fu&%ed up when he took us over, to any extent we'd not experienced since the 80s. We, along with Blackburn under the Venkys, were the basket case of UK football for that first year or two. Now he's learnt from his mistakes. He owed us some investment, he promised it with his comments in May, and he's delivered. Fair play to him.

The way I look at, he's "served his time" and atoned for his previous failings as an owner.

But by way of analogy, if a thief atones in the same way, apologises, serves time inside, comes out and requests forgiveness, how do you treat them? Yes a decent person would forgive them, and welcome them warmly back into society. But they wouldn't suddenly become a saint. Their reward would be absolution. And no one would get criticsed for calling them a thief in the first place. So I'm not sure where some get their superiority complex from.

The positive people on here are no different from the extremely negative. Two small groups of mugs with no rationale behind their opinions, just ignorance and preconceptions. But like a stopped clock, they're both right from time to time. Today it's the positive mugs' turn to be right. Which is a relief because for most of the last few years they've been wrong all the time. 

davew

So on this thread we all agree, great times ahead for FFC!
Grandson of a Former Director of FFC (served 1954 - 1968)

Marcel_Gecov

Quote from: Statto on August 09, 2018, 11:32:11 PM
Some context: Khan royally fu&%ed up when he took us over, to any extent we'd not experienced since the 80s. We, along with Blackburn under the Venkys, were the basket case of UK football for that first year or two. Now he's learnt from his mistakes. He owed us some investment, he promised it with his comments in May, and he's delivered. Fair play to him.

The way I look at, he's "served his time" and atoned for his previous failings as an owner.

But by way of analogy, if a thief atones in the same way, apologises, serves time inside, comes out and requests forgiveness, how do you treat them? Yes a decent person would forgive them, and welcome them warmly back into society. But they wouldn't suddenly become a saint. Their reward would be absolution. And no one would get criticsed for calling them a thief in the first place. So I'm not sure where some get their superiority complex from.

The positive people on here are no different from the extremely negative. Two small groups of mugs with no rationale behind their opinions, just ignorance and preconceptions. But like a stopped clock, they're both right from time to time. Today it's the positive mugs' turn to be right. Which is a relief because for most of the last few years they've been wrong all the time.

Presumably nobody called the Khans a thief however...

bill taylors apprentice

I don't think many could imagine the number and quality of those recruited this window.

I was confident we had moved on from the mistakes and would make good (even great) signings but didn't reckon on filling every vacancy so well.

That doesn't make me a reformed moaner, just someone who was a little concerned having seen how things had gone in the recent past and wasn't totally convinced until I saw the evidence with my own eyes.

Those who always declared that there was a great plan and they trusted the owners to implement could only have come to that conclusion by ignoring the recent past.

Now we can all look forward, the damage has been repaired (and how!) and we can all enjoy!

Statto

Quote from: Marcel_Gecov on August 09, 2018, 11:39:23 PM
Quote from: Statto on August 09, 2018, 11:32:11 PM

Presumably nobody called the Khans a thief however...

No. I've no doubt he's been pumping money into the club, rather than taking it out, since day 1, albeit in effectively in those early years. At worst he was negligent back then, and that's what he's attoned for IMO.

Andy S

Now you wouldn't put me down as a moaner but although everyone is happy at the moment everything is not fine and dandy and there is still plenty to moan about. For one How much we will all be fleeced for a season ticket next season. The price of food in the ground. There will always be a need for discussion and the people who look at things from a different angle are not wrong. In fact they can be inspiring and interesting