watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Let Us Never See Elm and Nevland Together Again

Started by mattiesafer, February 06, 2010, 04:59:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mattiesafer

That would seem to have been the real problem for me.  Unable to keep the ball or create any kind of threat up front.  Keep doing that for too long and you are going to get problems at the back!  Thankfully we got the result.  I was happy with Okaka, and even happier with Smalling! 

Sure we should've lost, but you take what you can get, we've certainly had them go against us before...  So be thankful for what we got!

clintclintdeuce

Lets also never see Okaka and Smalling up front again..
The Dude abides.

Brede Butter Pudding

Why not? Okaka and Smalling were 10 times more effective than Nevland and Elm. It's incredible to see the difference in Nevland when he comes on as a super sub and when he starts. Incredible, energetic and lively as a sub, slow, weak, unthreatening when he starts. And I spose Roy had no choice starting Elm, although I can't recall anything particularly major that he was a part of.

Lighthouse

Let us never see the sort of performance that we saw today, whoever we put out.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

AlFayedsChequebook

The sad thing is that Smalling and Okaka looked more dangerous than two strikers!

It has to be Zamora/Okaka combo in future, Nevland was dire.

mattiesafer

Quote from: Brede Butter Pudding on February 06, 2010, 05:03:58 PM
Why not? Okaka and Smalling were 10 times more effective than Nevland and Elm. It's incredible to see the difference in Nevland when he comes on as a super sub and when he starts. Incredible, energetic and lively as a sub, slow, weak, unthreatening when he starts. And I spose Roy had no choice starting Elm, although I can't recall anything particularly major that he was a part of.

I think had Okaka started we would have had a stronger attack.  No matter which he was paired with.  I think Elm would've been better.  So yeah, should've started with Okaka and Elm, brought on Nevland late.  But I understand why Okaka didn't start, it being only his 2nd game in less than a week at the team, not speaking English, etc.  But hopefully we will see him feature moving forward.  And yes, it will be GREAT to have Zamora back!

scotty

Bobby Z and Okaka have to be the first choices at striker. Elm is no threat and Erik looks completely out of place when he starts.

YankeeJim

I have to agree with everyone about the lack of anything that could be called football by our front line. I have to wonder if Danny is ever going to get back into form.That, and make the observation (as others have) that our attack seemed to die when Pants & Knoch went out.
Its not that I could and others couldn't.
Its that I did and others didn't.

TonyGilroy

The pecking order would seem to be Zamora and Goma with Okaka and Nevland the back up.

Why not give Elm a start to see what he can do and ease Okaka into the team. He has to learn how we play and what's expected of him and if anyone knows how best to integrate a young player I'd guess it would be Roy.

Okaka's a young guy in a foreign country who doesn't speak English and too much responsibility too soon may not be the smart approach.

YankeeJim

Quote from: TonyGilroy on February 06, 2010, 07:38:01 PM

The pecking order would seem to be Zamora and Goma with Okaka and Nevland the back up.

Why not give Elm a start to see what he can do and ease Okaka into the team. He has to learn how we play and what's expected of him and if anyone knows how best to integrate a young player I'd guess it would be Roy.

Okaka's a young guy in a foreign country who doesn't speak English and too much responsibility too soon may not be the smart approach.

Elm got a start today & didn't show much. He might be better with sime speed next to him to play off. Nevland isn't a good pairing for him.
Its not that I could and others couldn't.
Its that I did and others didn't.

Chopper

Goma? I know we're short of options up front but have we got THAT desperate?  ;)

Sorry Tony - guess you meant Gera
Sold my soul to the Green Pole

TonyGilroy

Quote from: Chopper on February 06, 2010, 07:45:45 PM

Goma? I know we're short of options up front but have we got THAT desperate?  ;)

Sorry Tony - guess you meant Gera

Leave me alone - I'm old.