Started by MJG, August 10, 2018, 08:12:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MJG

So if everyone was fit I'd watch this three team tournament

Just the views of a long term fan

Statto

Agree with that first XI.

Amazing it has 8 new names in it.

Would re-jig the B-team to have Ayite over De La Torre but other than that I agree.

MJG

Selected squad members listed in order of age when their contract ends

Marchand is a quess at 3 years as not made public.

Statto

Interesting see all the players' ages set out

When we signed Seri, MLM, Fabri (average age about 29) I was getting concerned we were buying players too old

Looking at the complete picture now the dust has settled, in particular Mawson, Mitrovic and Anguissa, we clearly still have a young team and have spent most of the money on young players

Statto

I posted this on another thread but would be interested to get your thoughts MJG. Should be self-explanatory to you.

IMO despite the headlines about our spending it shows quite a healthy picture. If our revenue from TV/sponsorship (£100m?) and gate receipts (£10m?) exceeds non-transfer spending (wages - £80m?) seems to me we could even break even this year in the accounts. We could even generate a bit more income from selling someone like Fonte in the coming weeks. Do you agree?   

colinwhite

Which goes to show the level of planning at the club ,which has been nothing less than superb. Sensible investment made by some very shrewd operaters.

Woolly Mammoth

Quote from: MJG on August 10, 2018, 08:12:20 AM
So if everyone was fit I'd watch this three team tournament

That is some first 11, and the second 11 look a great back up, in more ways than one. As for the third 11, that really shows the strength in depth we now have all over the pitch.
Good to look at this in Black and White.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

MJG

Quote from: Statto on August 10, 2018, 10:18:49 AM

I posted this on another thread but would be interested to get your thoughts MJG. Should be self-explanatory to you.

IMO despite the headlines about our spending it shows quite a healthy picture. If our revenue from TV/sponsorship (£100m?) and gate receipts (£10m?) exceeds non-transfer spending (wages - £80m?) seems to me we could even break even this year in the accounts. We could even generate a bit more income from selling someone like Fonte in the coming weeks. Do you agree?
Good chart and makes sense to me. I said on the Cottage Talk show the other night that we are front loading the buying due to the restrictions new teams have. We will have scoope next year to improve again, but nowhere near the £100M. But its also going to be a case of cashing in at some stage on a player or two.
The majority of teams that have gone up and stayed up over last few years make a profit in the first year and then start showing losses, I wonder if our route will show maybe a more balanced accounting results?