watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Old Sod's Army-Not too surprised

Started by bog, August 11, 2018, 05:05:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bog

Simply sounded that they have been together longer and have the  experience of playing in the top fight. Plus they have a manager so good at organising. Their keeper played well, our time will come. Christie sounded excellent as did Seri.

092.gif 

Woolly Mammoth

It is what it is, we just have to be patient.
But lots to be encouraged and confident about.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

General

Quote from: Woolly Mammoth on August 11, 2018, 05:23:48 PM
It is what it is, we just have to be patient.
But lots to be encouraged and confident about.

I think that sums it up for me - for a first game with so many new players anything could've happened - despite that though and some GKing errors we did dominate Palace for a lot of the game.. some of our players played stray passes, something which would be cut out with getting to know each other, whilst others clearly need to get used to the pace of the game in the league... palace also simply took their chances.

Definitely cause for optimism we know how well Roy can set up his teams, but with Mawson, Anguissa and perhaps either Rico or Betts to come in and sure things up, we definitely showed potential to give people a go. Some of the one touch football first half was also great to see. 

grandad

What really annoys me is not the result ,hard though it is to take, but already we have some on here  slagging off half the team. I just knew it would damn well happen.. I will not join them. There is more to be optimistic about when Slavisa has his full squad available to gel into a unit. Just give every player a chance.
Where there's a will there's a wife

HV71

Quote from: grandad on August 11, 2018, 05:43:45 PM
What really annoys me is not the result ,hard though it is to take, but already we have some on here  slagging off half the team. I just knew it would damn well happen.. I will not join them. There is more to be optimistic about when Slavisa has his full squad available to gel into a unit. Just give every player a chance.

Best post match comment I have read so far

Holders

We have to be patient, much to be optimistic about. It's not as if many or most of these players had even played a competitive match together before - yet on another day we'd have put away first half chances and got a penalty.

Palace's defending second half was 100% Roy and their forwards were a class above anything we experienced last year.
Non sumus statione ferriviaria

Bassey the warrior

Quote from: Holders on August 11, 2018, 07:04:30 PM
We have to be patient, much to be optimistic about. It's not as if many or most of these players had even played a competitive match together before - yet on another day we'd have put away first half chances and got a penalty.

Palace's defending second half was 100% Roy and their forwards were a class above anything we experienced last year.

They were excellent at both ends second half. Young right back very impressive. Roy is doing a great job.

bog

Quote from: grandad on August 11, 2018, 05:43:45 PM

+1 spot on.

bog

I saw the first half of the Wolves game and thought they didn't look much for a first game back in front of their own crowd. They only got back ion the game after Jagielka got sent off.

092.gif