watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

On a more positive note...

Started by fulhamexmouth, August 12, 2018, 02:46:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

fulhamexmouth

Who impressed you of the new signings yesterday?

For me, Seri looked a class act. Got forward well, tracked back, seemed to be everywhere in the pitch in a similar manner to Kante. The few times he did lose possession he seemed hungry to dive in and win it back but not in a dangerous way and even had a few silky skill turns in the final third.

Bryan also looks a bargain when you compare his price with what Southampton were allegedly asking for Targett. Was also constantly up and down the touch line and made some important tackles.

Le Marchand and Chambers, difficult to judge as I don't think either of them particularly shone but it's very early doors. As for Fabri, I'd rather not bash him so I'll just reserve my judgment until he settles. Same for Schurrle, maybe lacking a bit of fitness?

Jamie88

Fabri aside, I think they all look like strong signings. Seri as most have said looks a class act, Bryan had a good debut and both Chambers and MLM looked comfortable on the ball playing the way we do. Even Vietto looked pretty good from the little I saw of him. Will be good to see how much of a finisher he is

Neil D

Quote from: Jamie88 on August 12, 2018, 02:54:39 PM
Even Vietto looked pretty good from the little I saw of him. Will be good to see how much of a finisher he is
He reminded me of Fonte.  He looked busy, chased a lot but I think he will get himself into scoring positions more easily than Fonte.  Who knows but I saw enough to be hopeful.

bornafulhamfan

As I already said in a different thread, Seri is currently league leader in total successful passes, ball touches and tackles. And he looks like he will only improve.

SuffolkWhite

Fabri aside, I think they all look like strong signings. Seri as most have said looks a class act, Bryan had a good debut and both Chambers and MLM looked comfortable on the ball playing the way we do. Even Vietto looked pretty good from the little I saw of him. Will be good to see how much of a finisher he is

Agree with this.
Guy goes into the doctor's.
"Doc, I've got a cricket ball stuck up my backside
"How's that?"
"Don't you start"

Tabby

Quote from: Neil D on August 12, 2018, 03:04:46 PM
Even Vietto looked pretty good from the little I saw of him. Will be good to see how much of a finisher he is
He reminded me of Fonte.  He looked busy, chased a lot but I think he will get himself into scoring positions more easily than Fonte.  Who knows but I saw enough to be hopeful.
To be fair to Vietto, he was playing on the wing.

I'm of the mind that Vietto is basically Fonte but better. Good backup.

Bassey the warrior

Seri stood out as the best player. All three defenders looked decent. Schurrle showed some class in spells and Vietto looked good for his cameo. Fabri made some errors but I've seen worse.

Denver Fulham

I was pleasantly surprised by Le Marchand. If he's our depth CB along with whoever else falls out between Chambers, Mawson and Ream, we're in decent shape there. Liked him a lot better at CB than the glimpses we've seen of him at LB.

Thought Chambers was OK. He was caught out a bit on the first goal, but quickness/being turned is his weak spot and it took a special shot and maybe some not-great goalkeeping to lead to the goal.

Bryan looks decent. Thought he and Christie need to do better on crossing overall, but Cyrus put a couple really nice ones in. I suspect we'll be OK there along with Fosu-Mensah as an option.

Vietto looked busy. Will take more looks to see what he really has.

Fabri has been beaten to death, so no point in rehashing. Hope one of our GKs settles and is at least league standard, if not better.

Stevieboy

Anyone 'bashing' Fabri should take a look at today's games, Emerson and Czec making some schoolboy errors, not resulting in a goal mind you but Czec almost passed the ball into his own net with no City player within 10yards!!

fulhamben

Quote from: Stevieboy on August 12, 2018, 08:20:52 PM
Anyone 'bashing' Fabri should take a look at today's games, Emerson and Czec making some schoolboy errors, not resulting in a goal mind you but Czec almost passed the ball into his own net with no City player within 10yards!!
don't think you will find many arsenal supporters who actually rate chech. Well none of my mates do anyhow
CHRIS MARTIN IS SO BAD,  WE NOW PRAISE HIM FOR MAKING A RUN.

SWSixer

Vietto looks a bit lightweight so I was impressed with his strength on the ball on a couple of occassions.

RaySmith

Good, considered, posts here.

Vietto was highly  praised by the south-American football expert on the BBC, don't know his name, but regularly contributes to 5Live.

hovewhite

Thought the back 4 did well considering it took the back4 last season a season to become a really good unit.so pleased in general.

Woolly Mammoth

Quote from: RaySmith on August 13, 2018, 06:04:28 AM
Good, considered, posts here.

Vietto was highly  praised by the south-American football expert on the BBC, don't know his name, but regularly contributes to 5Live.

Do you mean Tim Vickery ?
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.