watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

I'm calling it, Bryan looks like

Started by fulhamben, August 12, 2018, 01:27:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

fulhamben

An upgrade over targett to me. Thought he had a fantastic debuet. And I was worried about losing Frederick's as his pace for clearing up at the back when we push up for coners and set pieces was a phenomenal asset. But it looks like that is Bryan's job now, and he did fantastically well imo. I've not been as impressed with a left back debuet since bonnisel, here's hoping lightning doesn't strike twice with injuries
CHRIS MARTIN IS SO BAD,  WE NOW PRAISE HIM FOR MAKING A RUN.

fulhamben

Not quite sure why my phone changes debut to debuet but you get the picture

Abbotsbury White

Agree I think it was positive debut and once settled in sure he will be a gem,he didn't seem fazed in his first prem game and tried a few things ,some came off others did not there were a couple of long balls out from the LB to the RW  position which seemed a bit aimless but maybe that was a habit from his Bristol days but overall very impressive.
Kicking around on a piece of ground in your home town.

AllyWhite

Absolutely. To think that a lot of people are slagging him off as a weak signing. He looked like he's been with us for awhile

SP

Looks to be far stronger than Matt.  Very happy with this signing.

Jamie88

Quote from: AllyWhite on August 12, 2018, 02:13:54 PM
Absolutely. To think that a lot of people are slagging him off as a weak signing. He looked like he's been with us for awhile

I didn't see anyone slagging him off as a weak signing? On the contrary I saw most of us saying it was much better value for money than spending 20m on Targett

Mince n Tatties

Quote from: fulhamben on August 12, 2018, 01:31:24 PM

My phone always changes the to ghd...lol

Hatch007

Quote from: fulhamben on August 12, 2018, 01:31:24 PM

Just click 'modify' on the original post and amend any spelling mistakes in future if you want to save yourself the time of adding a second, explanatory post 😉

lomotd

Agree with the sentiment on here. Will he be back fit for next weekend?

millsy

Looks a super little player. More mobile than Targett, good hustler and hits hard in the tackle. Hope he's ok as we can't afford to pull Sess back. Rather play Ream or LeM there if needs be.

Holders

He needs to acclimatise but didn't seem out of place for his first game in the PL. Would others agree that he looks quicker than Targett?
Non sumus statione ferriviaria

Tabby

I'm just happy we went for him, been a fan for a while and he was available for a good fee.

Holders

Just to repeat the question: Would others agree that he looks quicker than Targett?
Non sumus statione ferriviaria

fulhamben

Quote from: Holders on August 12, 2018, 08:41:58 PM
Just to repeat the question: Would others agree that he looks quicker than Targett?
yes, I didn't think targett had a lot of pace anyway though

KingofCheese

I am not sure what to think...as the Admins haven't told me what my opinion should be.
Jullie Kaas is mijn Kaas

KingofCheese

Quote from: AllyWhite on August 12, 2018, 02:13:54 PM

If they are allowed to "slag him off" on this forum it must be the correct opinion or otherwise such opinions would be removed.
Jullie Kaas is mijn Kaas

Woolly Mammoth

Joe Bryan, looks a genuine competitor. He was very busy and attack's the ball, looks sharper with pace and 
is tenacious.
I liked the look of him on his debut. Shame about the injury, let's hope is he fit for duty for the Spurs match, we are going to need him.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.