watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Tough schedule

Started by bornafulhamfan, August 12, 2018, 10:24:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bornafulhamfan

I just realized that we have a really, really tough schedule in the first eight games. Firstly we had Palace(they had a really strong finish to the last season), than Spurs(always top four contenders), Burnley(one of the best teams defensively), Brighton(got some nice new additions which put them in a similar situation as us, but are a year longer in the league), City(strongest team in the league, one of the strongest teams in the world), Watford(everybody thinks that they are going to get relegated every year, but in the end they play some really nice football and make some upsets, looked really sharp in the first match), Everton(got a good new coach, some really good players and were unlucky against Wolves where they played more than half of the match with ten players and they didn't win because of a late goal) and Arsenal(always top four contenders, may need some time to gel in, but I reckon they'll be in top form when they face us).

I think we must win in Brighton, and we must try to win against Burnley and Watford. Think Spurs, City, Everton and Arsenal may be too tough atm, but if the players give their best, then we could surprise any team(and I strongly believe in our players) . After those tough for games, we will have a chance to get into form(we play against Cardiff, Bournemouth and Huddersfield, arguably the worst teams in the league).

Statto

2 wins, 2 draws and 4 defeats from any 8 games is probably enough to stay up so to get that from our first 8 is a reasonable target IMO

Starting with 4pts from the Burnley and Brighton games

bornafulhamfan

Quote from: Statto on August 12, 2018, 11:13:30 PM
2 wins, 2 draws and 4 defeats from any 8 games is probably enough to stay up so to get that from our first 8 is a reasonable target IMO

Starting with 4pts from the Burnley and Brighton games
Think that's what will happen. I have a feeling we will beat Brighton and Watford, draw against Burnley, and surprise one of those other four tougher teams with a draw, have a feeling it will be either Spurs or Arsenal.

SWSixer

The thing is, once you start including the likes of Brighton, Burnley and Watford amongst the hard/tricky games, you very quickly realise every single match is hard/tricky.

But this is what we craved the past 4 seasons, right?

Enjoy it!!

bornafulhamfan

Quote from: SWSixer on August 13, 2018, 04:41:33 AM
The thing is, once you start including the likes of Brighton, Burnley and Watford amongst the hard/tricky games, you very quickly realise every single match is hard/tricky.

Enjoy it!!
Yeah, but there are easier games(Cardiff, Bournemouth, Huddersfield, Southampton, maybe even Wolves) and I think Brighton and Watford will be a lot easier matches the next time we face them, as our team will hopefully gel in then. And that's why I said we have to beat them, as I think they aren't that tricky. I also think that Burnley will always be a tough opponent, as they cause trouble even to the best teams in the league.

Fulham1959

I've cracked it - "Though" should read "Tough".

I realise people are 'typing' fast on all sorts of devices - but does it take so much to ensure that the topic title, at least, makes sense ?

bornafulhamfan

Quote from: Fulham1959 on August 13, 2018, 02:31:36 PM
I've cracked it - "Though" should read "Tough".

I realise people are 'typing' fast on all sorts of devices - but does it take so much to ensure that the topic title, at least, makes sense ?
Yeah, sorry. I was typing really fast.

toshes mate

Every game at any level is tough but most of them prove to be winnable if you stick to the game plan.  It's like typing really - take your time and the words don't come out error strewn.....

SWSixer

Quote from: toshes mate on August 13, 2018, 04:06:57 PM
Every game at any level is tough but most of them prove to be winnable if you stick to the game plan.  It's like typing really - take your time and the words don't come out error strewn.....

I coludnt argee moer.

KingofCheese

Quote from: SWSixer on August 13, 2018, 04:41:33 AM

Enjoy it!!

Exactly!
Jullie Kaas is mijn Kaas

Fulham Joe

Can't you edit it? its off putting (lol)

The Rock

We are better than Palace.

The last 6 matches of the season are against bottom sides.

How do we look with Mensah, Rico, Ream, and Zambo Anguissa instead? Then what about Mawson, he probably will be crap?

One match at a time says SJ, but soon we will be getting results and not just draws.