watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Winnable games

Started by Riversider, August 23, 2018, 03:25:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Riversider

Are few and far between in The Premier League, and once they are gone they are gone, Burnley at home is the definition of "Gift Horse"
They are on a terrible run of form in the league stretching back to last season, and are currently out in the stifling heat of Greece,
Opportunities like this don't come around too often, 3 points would be great but we simply "Must Not" lose this game,
Time for some of our Big Game players to take the game by the scruff of the neck and show the world why they are in The Premier League,
We can do this,
COYW

WhiteJC

for some reason we always have struggled against Burnley, I don't expect Sunday to be any different

MrFFC

Very winnable game but they have some good players no doubt. Tough game but I fancy us to edge this one 2-1
Come on you Whites!! :)

Riversider

Quote from: MrFFC on August 23, 2018, 03:36:02 PM
Very winnable game but they have some good players no doubt. Tough game but I fancy us to edge this one 2-1

Lennon, Cork, Westwood and Hendrick helped to make up the midfield against Watford, we've spent over £40 million on Seri and Anguissa ,
We will play against far better midfields than Burnley have got to offer but not too many weaker than that lot
Our midfield is surely our strength (is it not ?) Hopefully we will see them shine on Sunday,

love4ffc

Hoping for a positive result but also understand that there are no guarantees in football.  We'll, at least for the most part. 

As Ryths Lightning once said, Burnley are one of Fulham's boogie teams that they seem to always struggle against.  I for one am hoping that they are tired from traveling with the Europa league and will prove to be a good three points for us. 
Anyone can blend into the crowd.  How will you standout when it counts?

Woolly Mammoth

Football matches are won on the pitch and not on forums.
It's all on the day, the match starts as soon as the players reach the ground. Not at half time or in the warm up. Especially as we are looking for our first points.
We can all talk a good game.
Nothing wrong with trying to forecast a result, but don't expect to be right all the time.
It's on the pitch when your eating dirt is when it counts.
The ball never gets tired. The first 90 + minutes is the most important, take no prisoners. Be first and second to the ball. If you lose possession win it back immediately.
Sweat blood and roll those sleeves up.
If your having a bad game, you can still run around.
That's what wins points, not fannying around with stats and history, it's the day of the match that counts, not what happened five, ten years or 100 years ago.
Not what's stats merchants tell the players, how many of them have eaten dirt on a cold January evening at say Field Mill or Eward Park, when you get trampled on by some hairy defender for the umpteenth time, and the referee says "play on no foul."
Once the players cross that white touchline it's down to them and how they deal with it, and have the mental strength to deal with it. That where you get your adrenaline from not a stats merchants computer.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

Whitesideup

This is a harder game than most people think. They made 6 changes for tonight's game and took Wood off when the game was lost. They were keeping their powder dry. The fact that their first two games did not go too well will only serve as an incentive to do better this time. They will be up for it, make no mistake.

However, they were only 7th last season, so I am pleased we are not playing a top 6 team.

Riversider

Quote from: Whitesideup on August 23, 2018, 10:43:34 PM
This is a harder game than most people think. They made 6 changes for tonight's game and took Wood off when the game was lost. They were keeping their powder dry. The fact that their first two games did not go too well will only serve as an incentive to do better this time. They will be up for it, make no mistake.

However, they were only 7th last season, so I am pleased we are not playing a top 6 team.

I dont think anybody has said its going to be easy, but plenty have said that its a very winnable game, which it is.

ex-Pat

Quote from: Riversider on August 23, 2018, 03:25:36 PM
Are few and far between in The Premier League, and once they are gone they are gone, Burnley at home is the definition of "Gift Horse"
They are on a terrible run of form in the league stretching back to last season, and are currently out in the stifling heat of Greece,
Opportunities like this don't come around too often, 3 points would be great but we simply "Must Not" lose this game,
Time for some of our Big Game players to take the game by the scruff of the neck and show the world why they are in The Premier League,
We can do this,
COYW

OMG,,,,,,,all the games are winnable,glad you're nowhere near the management team..

Riversider

Some people need a reality check and they need to understand the difference between winnable games and bonus games,
Anything we get at Spurs, City and Liverpool will always be bonus points,
Whilest Burnley, Cardiff and Huddersfield at home are winnable games,
Especially when Burnley have been in Greece the Thursday night before we play them !

RaySmith

I think the team has to approach all games as being potentially winnable - that we can get at least a point from, and you should never play for a point.

I expect the manager to instill this attitude in the team, otherwise how can you expect people to pay goood money to watch us against the top teams, let alone the Burnleys and Palaces.

Every game should be approached as a tough challenge, but one which our players are more than capable of meeting.

Our three points at City away, in the Grest Escape, were the start of our run that kept us up, but  what if the team had gone up there, and Roy had said 'don't bother to try in this one  lads, we  don't have any chance here.'

I expect a Fulham team to ut in 100 % effort in every game they play, and to feel they have a chance of victory.
Just as i wouldn't expect us to take the pitch aganist Burnley thinking, this is an easy three points. We will need to battle and be at out very bestand sharpest  in every game in this league.

Woolly Mammoth

Quote from: RaySmith on August 24, 2018, 04:25:52 AM
I think the team has to approach all games as being potentially winnable - that we can get at least a point from, and you should never play for a point.

I expect the manager to instill this attitude in the team, otherwise how can you expect people to pay goood money to watch us against the top teams, let alone the Burnleys and Palaces.

Every game should be approached as a tough challenge, but one which our players are more than capable of meeting.

Our three points at City away, in the Grest Escape, were the start of our run that kept us up, but  what if the team had gone up there, and Roy had said 'don't bother to try in this one  lads, we  don't have any chance here.'

I expect a Fulham team to ut in 100 % effort in every game they play, and to feel they have a chance of victory.
Just as i wouldn't expect us to take the pitch aganist Burnley thinking, this is an easy three points. We will need to battle and be at out very bestand sharpest  in every game in this league.

0001.jpeg

Never forget your Roots.

Riversider

For the love of God 😣

Woolly Mammoth

Relax Riversider, and have more faith in the team. You may be surprised at what they can achieve against the more fancied teams, once the players get their feet under the table, and Fulham can settle down once Slavisa has had the necessary time to adjust and organise.
Fulham being Fulham, and this relates to any team are bound to drop points against teams in and around them, that's football.
But at the same time, there is no reason why we cannot win points off the so called fancied clubs, instead of writing us off as you have appeared to.
Football is full of surprises, good and not so good.
Every cloud has a silver lining, and at the same time maybe every silver lining has a cloud.
An interesting and challenging season lays ahead.
So let's embrace it with enthusiasm, and in the right spirit.

Never forget your Roots.

toshes mate

Quote from: ex-Pat on August 24, 2018, 12:47:38 AM
[OMG,,,,,,,all the games are winnable,glad you're nowhere near the management team..
+1

Neil D

You'll be delighted to know, Riversider, that the first couple of sentences of your OP are quoted in the i's Fan Matrix today.  The editor of this feature seems to reference FoF quite a lot.

Steeeeeeeeeed