watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

More rubbish journalism ?

Started by FFCFOREVER, August 13, 2018, 01:32:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

FFCFOREVER

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-6055307/Marcus-Bettinelli-considering-Fulham-depa

Im really hoping this is not true. I actually think irs more lazy journalism despite Betts saying hes not injured.

Robbie

If he has been dropped to third, would you blame him (for briefing the Press) or leaving !?

He even has a foreign sounding name .. Italian too !    Perhaps not Spanish enough .. Marco Bettinelli ?

..FOF..

Definitely an explanation is needed by Joka after Bett's recent tweet.

Probably what he meant was that he is not injured anymore.

Bett is a fighter and I expect him to launch a comeback like last season.

Mince n Tatties

As I've said on another topic, Slava doesn't rate him or he wouldn't have brought 2 keepers in.
Sad,but that is the reality of football.

Neil D

Quote from: Robbie on August 13, 2018, 01:51:13 PM

He even has a foreign sounding name .. Italian too !    Perhaps not Spanish enough .. Marco Bettinelli ?
Marco is an Italian name so that doesn't help.  Italian keepers are way down the pecking order when it comes to foreigner desirability (Massimo Taibi, anyone?).  If his name, as you suggest, had been Bettiniesta and he had cost us a few million, then we wouldn't have been looking elsewhere. (Yes, I know he's English).

MJG

Quote from: Mince n Tatties on August 13, 2018, 02:02:29 PM
As I've said on another topic, Slava doesn't rate him or he wouldn't have brought 2 keepers in.
It's probably that simple. Two seasons he's only brought him through Button or mainly his defence losing all confidence in him. He had more chances to bring him in earlier and didn't.
You have plenty of fans who don't like particular players and we don't understand what they see in them. In the end its the same for a manager.

There's somebody who on here has found a way of getting a dig in at Kamara in eight of his last ten posts on different threads. Now you might not rate Kamara, you might not rate Mitrovic for many reasons (as some did post prior to him joining), it's all down to personal preference. I could not stand Senderos for a number of reasons, Jazz Richards as well, we all feel that way about players and anyone who disagrees is lying to themselves.

A manager can't pick everyone's favourite pkayers... Its that simple as well.
Just the views of a long term fan

ToodlesMcToot

Quote from: ..FOF.. on August 13, 2018, 01:51:44 PM

Thought Slavisa had already addressed that tweet indirectly. I believe he stated, post-match, that Betts had only had a couple of practice sessions kicking the ball, implying that he hadn't worked with the team enough. I think this is Slavisa letting folks down gently. I'd tend to agree that he really just doesn't seem to rate Betts.
"Yeah, well, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man." — The Dude

boplogic

A bit mystifying, though, why he was given the #1 shirt if SK doesn't rate him.
Create space.  Run into space.

boplogic

Create space.  Run into space.

MJG

Quote from: boplogic on August 13, 2018, 03:37:17 PM
A bit mystifying, though, why he was given the #1 shirt if SK doesn't rate him.
it's just a shirt number,I'd not read anything into it. Sometimes just the way the numbers fall or what a player wants.
Just the views of a long term fan

alfie

Quite often we get someone recommending a player, someone else comes and say those magic words "NOT PREMIERSHIP QUALITY".

Maybe Slav feels that about Betts, great in championship but not in premiership.

Just a thought
Story of my life
"I was looking back to see if she was looking back to see if i was looking back at her"
Sadly she wasn't

SG

Quote from: MJG on August 13, 2018, 02:41:33 PM
It's probably that simple. Two seasons he's only brought him through Button or mainly his defence losing all confidence in him. He had more chances to bring him in earlier and didn't.
You have plenty of fans who don't like particular players and we don't understand what they see in them. In the end its the same for a manager.

There's somebody who on here has found a way of getting a dig in at Kamara in eight of his last ten posts on different threads. Now you might not rate Kamara, you might not rate Mitrovic for many reasons (as some did post prior to him joining), it's all down to personal preference. I could not stand Senderos for a number of reasons, Jazz Richards as well, we all feel that way about players and anyone who disagrees is lying to themselves.

A manager can't pick everyone's favourite pkayers... Its that simple as well.

You weren't alone re Senderos

Barrett487

True, but then remember that Button was sold and Rodak went out on loan, imo a much stronger indication that he didn't like Button and felt Rodak needed more games.

colinwhite

It all comes down to more intense pressure from opposing teams and have goalkeepers who are better with their feet under pressure. Buttons was initially preferred in this regard. Betts has improved alot in this regard but is still one-footed whch you can see clearly in his warm ups. A great lad but my faith is with Slavisa to get things right.

Bassey the warrior

If he's not willing to fight for his place he's being a bit daft.

Forever Fulham

There's an old folk saying: "You leave the dance with the girl you brought."
Betts deserves more respect.  Undefeated in how many games last season?
He was a big part of our surge across the finish line and back to the bright lights.
A big part.
He didn't have his familiars in front of him last weekend. Simple as that.     

Twig

Quote from: Forever Fulham on August 13, 2018, 09:52:51 PM
He was a big part of our surge across the finish line and back to the bright lights.
A big part.

Plus he's one of our own. Strangely people seem keener to grant that accolade to Sess than Betts. Not sure why.

Woolly Mammoth

Quote from: Twig on August 13, 2018, 10:04:06 PM
A big part.

Plus he's one of our own. Strangely people seem keener to grant that accolade to Sess than Betts. Not sure why.

Plus, he is part of the heart beat of this team, which some people easily and foolishly forget. Every team needs a heart beat, and not all have one.
Remove the heart beat at your peril.
Throwing complete strangers into the team, because they cost more money, can be counter productive.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

KingofCheese

Quote from: ..FOF.. on August 13, 2018, 01:51:44 PM

Why should SJ explain anything to us or anyone else. His job is keep Fulham in the PL and anything else is a distraction. If we want people to hold our hands and make us feel safe maybe we should ask our mums if we have one, I don't.
Jullie Kaas is mijn Kaas

KingofCheese

A big part.

Choose...romance or reality..we can go down and feel great about being nice to players who we like and who helped us in the past or win games.
Jullie Kaas is mijn Kaas