News:

Use a VPN to stream games Safely and Securely 🔒
A Virtual Private Network can also allow you to
watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

£100 million spent, but have we improved defensively ?

Started by Riversider, August 11, 2018, 08:30:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Holders

Quote from: HV71 on August 12, 2018, 09:13:08 AM
Agree with Matt 10 about Christtie. Some of his crosses were very good but our forwards didn't gamble enough and were a bit flat footed. Having put several to the back post in the first half he actually pointed and put one in at the near post but again no one read it . Very frustrating and it was his shot that almost caught Hennessy out.

Excellent point, more time working together needed. 
Non sumus statione ferriviaria

nose returns

i thought for a makeshift back 4 that have never played together that was an amazing performance. perhaps if they had played together a few more times a couple of bits and pieces would and could have been better but that was pretty good and bodes well. clearly christie going forward was poor, descion making and speed of thinking far from what is required at this level and i suspect he will play less than one of the new boys. i also think chrisite failing to release schurlle on multiple occasions showed a level of naivety.... but in general pretty good.

Hatch007

I find it staggering how supporters seemingly write-off certain players after just one performance.

I'm literally incredulous you can declare Targett superior to Bryan after 71 mins and I was a fan of MT!!!

Luckily for the club SJ doesn't shoot from the hip otherwise we'd need to ask the PL for a rule change allowing us to utilise a squad of 35 players.

Maybe, and I'm just throwing this out there, we should perhaps consider "supporting" the players and giving them a chance to prove themselves.

I remember Harry Bayles debut that was underwhelming to say the least and look how he turned out. If I started a new thread inviting readers to submit disastrous Fulham debuts that went on to become fan favourites I bet there'd be 25+ replies in a day.

COYW

grandad

Where there's a will there's a wife

colinwhite

answer yes ,vastly.But it will take more that one training session to get it together perhaps....

ken 44

Perhaps if you show some patience they will, there's a thought.