watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

I watched a replay of the highlights

Started by Andy S, August 14, 2018, 09:26:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Andy S

Last night I watched a re run of Saturdays game. From H6 Fabri looked suspect for the second goal. From side on it didn't look as bad. I would however go with my original opinion that had the keeper stayed on his line, they probably wouldn't have scored. I should imagine these days a goal keeper keeps a dossier on all forwards and does research on where they put penalties etc. It's not just a matter of guess work for every kind of situation. Consequently it is probably a big risk to use a foreign keeper in the premier league. Bring back Betts

MJG

Quote from: Andy S on August 14, 2018, 09:26:05 AM
Consequently it is probably a big risk to use a foreign keeper in the premier league. Bring back Betts
Quite right, I mean who would want a Schmeichel, Van Der Sar, Cech, Courtois or de Gea between the sticks.
Just the views of a long term fan

MJG

And as I was just reminded .....Schwarzer
Just the views of a long term fan

@jolslover

Consequently it is probably a big risk to use a foreign keeper in the premier league. Bring back Betts

ahahaha what
STH H3

Deeping_white

I always thought that United were going wrong by using De Gea instead of Lee Grant, thanks for confirming my suspicions Andy

Lighthouse

Having studied the second goal. Lets be honest here. That Sess chap was pushed aside and bottled up for most of the game by a young Palace player. Not sure we should play young players like him in the Prem. As for our central defenders and full back. Well they were beaten so easily and didn't make any covering run for this unknown Palace bloke who scored. As for Fabri. If only he had stayed on his line we could complain that he made no attempt to cover either and just stayed on his line.

Still I blame the Coach. Seven minutes and thirty three seconds talking to bunch of strangesr he has never met before and had to put in because of injury problems. What was he doing with all the time. (Time mentioned may not be accurate)
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

toshes mate

1,018 goals in 380 matches last season says goalkeeping is hard work in the PL no matter where you are from, or what language you speak.

toshes mate

Quote from: Lighthouse on August 14, 2018, 10:38:48 AM
Having studied the second goal. Lets be honest here. That Sess chap was pushed aside and bottled up for most of the game by a young Palace player. Not sure we should play young players like him in the Prem. As for our central defenders and full back. Well they were beaten so easily and didn't make any covering run for this unknown Palace bloke who scored. As for Fabri. If only he had stayed on his line we could complain that he made no attempt to cover either and just stayed on his line.

Still I blame the Coach. Seven minutes and thirty three seconds talking to bunch of strangesr he has never met before and had to put in because of injury problems. What was he doing with all the time. (Time mentioned may not be accurate)
I like very much....

Andy S

I have to say I agree with some of your points but it isn't instant and I remember DeGea having some howlers for Man Utd to start with and Van der sa certainly made a couple of cock ups although not many he was a very good keeper. I'm sorry but Fabri does not fill me with confidence yet. Betts was not the finished article two years ago and keepers are known to reach their peak at around The age Betts is now. I believe he has. I think it can save you some goals against if your keeper speaks the language of your defenders. All that apart I believe he deserves a chance as it was his goalkeeping that that got us promoted in the first place.

Andy S

To be fair I think there are a lot of players annoyed at not getting match time since our promotion. The problem we have now is unless you have everything right when the season starts there is no opportunity to change things around. The fact is players that are not getting in the team need to get their heads down and work hard and give the manager no option but to pick them. The problem is if the manager doesn't get it right he will be out the door very soon as the money in the premier league is colossal

Hoppus

Just curious, you say you blame the coach? For Fabri not staying on the line? To many new players in?

snarks

IIRC when Lloris arrived at Spurs, he couldn't get Friedal out of the team for the first 10 games. Sometimes it takes a while for a keeper to settle in, is it better to let them get mistakes out the way, or to let them adjust? that'as why Slav gets the money, he makes the decision.

I hate discussions on whether anyone is any good after 90 minutes competitive action. The only person I've ever seen where writing him off early was appropriate, was George Weah's "cousin" at Southampton

Mince n Tatties

Quote from: MJG on August 14, 2018, 09:35:15 AM
Quite right, I mean who would want a Schmeichel, Van Der Sar, Cech, Courtois or de Gea between the sticks.

lol

SuffolkWhite

lol, sometimes I think we would argue for arguments sake on here!

Just let the Coach pick the team and if we don't do well then fair game to rubbish players and coach and moan like hell. Time is needed and possibly 5 to 10 games to gel .

For what its worth, what I saw on Saturday does not worry me and I think we will be in this league the following season!

Guy goes into the doctor's.
"Doc, I've got a cricket ball stuck up my backside
"How's that?"
"Don't you start"

Bassey the warrior

Don't follow the logic of this post. Why can't a foreign keeper watch videos? Bizarre really.

Skatzoffc

Quote from: MJG on August 14, 2018, 09:35:15 AM

064.gif
Siblings, let us not be down on it.
One total catastrophe like this...is just the beginning !

gezkc

Quote from: Hoppus on August 14, 2018, 11:05:05 AM

Just curious, you say you blame the coach? For Fabri not staying on the line? To many new players in?

Um, I don't think Lighthouse was being entirely serious...

tommy

I love Betts but he is prone to the type of mistake that will cost us goals. He's a great shot stopper but I don't think he's a premier league keeper yet.

As for the first goal, I really don't think it's Fabri's fault. Who on earth would a thought they would ping a ball into the top corner from that angle while the player was pretty much horizontal in the air? It was a very lucky goal. Fantastic improvisation but lucky.

gezkc

Quote from: Andy S on August 14, 2018, 10:59:51 AM
To be fair I think there are a lot of players annoyed at not getting match time since our promotion. The problem we have now is unless you have everything right when the season starts there is no opportunity to change things around. The fact is players that are not getting in the team need to get their heads down and work hard and give the manager no option but to pick them. The problem is if the manager doesn't get it right he will be out the door very soon as the money in the premier league is colossal

How can you say players are annoyed at not getting match time - we've only played one game!

How can you say there's no opportunity to change things around? The transfer window has only just closed and there are still 37 league games to go!

I've read some strange posts on here over the years, but this one is pretty special!

Robbie

Fabri should  have kept out both.   The first looked like Chambers and Fabri switched off because the angle had become  too acute.

The second was totally amateurish ... two  defenders were the main line of defence, he should have held back.