watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Exeter at home

Started by SP, August 16, 2018, 07:44:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SP

Didn't see a draw but SSN reporting this draw for the 2nd round.

The Enclosurite

Looking at the dates of the games, I wonder if that rules out Burnley being switched to the bank holiday.
¡COYW!

ffcthereligion

So boring. If only we were away!

The Enclosurite

Quote from: ffcthereligion on August 16, 2018, 07:56:39 PM

Would be like the 'good' old days lol.
¡COYW!

ffcthereligion

Quote from: The Enclosurite on August 16, 2018, 07:59:39 PM
Quote from: ffcthereligion on August 16, 2018, 07:56:39 PM

Would be like the 'good' old days lol.

I'm too young to remember those days enclosurite!

f321ffc

Wish we were away for this one 20 minutes from me, been waiting to draw Plymouth or Exeter away in the cup for years. 049:gif
Growing old is mandatory
Growing up is optional

Holders

Quote from: f321ffc on August 16, 2018, 10:18:09 PM
Wish we were away for this one 20 minutes from me, been waiting to draw Plymouth or Exeter away in the cup for years. 049:gif

Me too!
Non sumus statione ferriviaria

DevonFFC

Quote from: Holders on August 16, 2018, 10:30:30 PM

Me too!

Would have been a 5 min walk for me

grandad

Their ground is the worst I have ever been to. Bad experience there. My wife & I were on the 6 tier terrace for away fans. It started tipping down. I asked if we could pay extra to sit in the stands.Was told no.I said could we go out & then pay to go in the stands.Stewards told us we were not allowed out.Even the local plod were laughing at us getting soaked. I complained to their club & to this day never received a reply.
I vowed to never go there again.
Where there's a will there's a wife

Holders

Quote from: grandad on August 16, 2018, 11:18:08 PM
Their ground is the worst I have ever been to. Bad experience there. My wife & I were on the 6 tier terrace for away fans. It started tipping down. I asked if we could pay extra to sit in the stands.Was told no.I said could we go out & then pay to go in the stands.Stewards told us we were not allowed out.Even the local plod were laughing at us getting soaked. I complained to their club & to this day never received a reply.

I love a proper traditional football ground. I can't think of anywhere else where you can get a pasty and pint of real cider.
Non sumus statione ferriviaria

KJS

Quote from: Holders on August 17, 2018, 05:35:19 AM
Quote from: grandad on August 16, 2018, 11:18:08 PM

I love a proper traditional football ground. I can't think of anywhere else where you can get a pasty and pint of real cider.

Used to get that at Home Park too  :54:

toshes mate

Quote from: DevonFFC on August 16, 2018, 10:42:39 PM

Me too!

Have the ground improvements at St James Park been completed yet?

bog

I have fond memories of going there in 1969 for a first round FA Cup tie and lost 2-0. The silent journey home was such a joy.  :016:

092.gif

davew

Me too!
Me too!!
Grandson of a Former Director of FFC (served 1954 - 1968)

Carborundum

Quote from: toshes mate on August 17, 2018, 08:07:09 AM
Quote from: DevonFFC on August 16, 2018, 10:42:39 PM

Me too!

Have the ground improvements at St James Park been completed yet?
Not based on the clip of action there at the weekend.  It's the away end that is being worked on, so presumably away fans are temporarily sampling the delights of either the aptly named "Big Bank" or the almost as aptly named "Cow Shed".

It's a brilliant ground, right in town, perched on a hill. The pasties are great.  The cider is, like all cider, execrable, but seemingly just how the locals like it.

Soft spot for Exeter.

HillingdonFFC

Only interested in a cup draw if its a new ground or someone we haven't played in years. We must get some of the blandest draws ever, year after year always the same old thing.
Literally the only handful that have got me excited in the last 15 years or so was Boston, Kettering & Accrington Stanley .
I have been desperate for us to get Oxford for years but was really keeping my fingers crossed for Exeter , Plymouth & FGR away as well.
Brother in law has moved to Bovey Tracey & has been banging on about us visiting. Could've killed two birds with one stone with an away game at Exeter or Plymouth. Been 25 years since Ive been to either ground

filham

So we now await a decision on the dates for the Burnley and Exeter fixtures at the Cottage ?

Grumpy Worthing White

Quote from: bog on August 17, 2018, 08:20:01 AM
I have fond memories of going there in 1969 for a first round FA Cup tie and lost 2-0. The silent journey home was such a joy.  :016:

092.gif
And the usual headline in the match report  in the paper the next day......."FULHAM FLOP"  :016:

Dodger53

Quote from: davew on August 17, 2018, 08:49:08 AM

Me too!
Me too!!
My 'Me too' should have been on the 1969 cup game - lost 2-0

Me too I think, was that an over night on the TBT coach - first real experience of Cider! Coach left at closing time so slept it off on way home.