watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

RIP Aretha

Started by sunburywhite, August 16, 2018, 03:13:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Steeeeeeeeeed

She made me feel like a natural human being.

Really can't beat the music of the mid to late 60s, and she was at the top of the tree

Good looking up some of her more unusual performances, she is on YouTube singing with Tom Jones for example, and she is great funking out on Soul Train

Fernhurst

Massive part of my teenage years and beyond.
Thank you Aretha for rocking my soul
RIP
The atmosphere's fresh and the debate lively.

Logicalman

Quote from: Fernhurst on August 17, 2018, 07:21:49 PM
RIP

As we get older these things come faster and closer. Listening to the radio today and they said The remaining members of Led Zep are in their 70's this year, with Plant being the youngest  and Page being 74!!  I know they're not making the music as they did, but it still feels like another chunk of our younger days is being chipped away with each passing hero.

I grew up in the early 60's with three older sisters well into Motown, so many fantastic artists. Listened to an interview with Stevie Wonder as well today, he summed everything great about Aretha, before he totally lost it and broke down.
Logical is just in the name - don't expect it has anything to do with my thought process, because I AM the man who sold the world.

HatterDon

She's one of the very few women whose music I play at gigs. She had the talent to find something in the lyrics that the composet never knew was there.

A flight of angels sing thee to thy rest, Aretha.
"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel

Dr Know

Quote from: Logicalman on August 18, 2018, 01:22:07 AM
Quote from: Fernhurst on August 17, 2018, 07:21:49 PM
RIP

As we get older these things come faster and closer. Listening to the radio today and they said The remaining members of Led Zep are in their 70's this year, with Plant being the youngest  and Page being 74!!  I know they're not making the music as they did, but it still feels like another chunk of our younger days is being chipped away with each passing hero.

I grew up in the early 60's with three older sisters well into Motown, so many fantastic artists. Listened to an interview with Stevie Wonder as well today, he summed everything great about Aretha, before he totally lost it and broke down.
I saw that interview with Stevie , he said something like. " if you gave Aretha a song you never got it back  "  , very moving , rip. Aretha