Quote from: MisfitKid on August 20, 2018, 09:37:30 PM
Quote from: KJS on August 20, 2018, 09:13:29 PM
Quote from: gang on August 20, 2018, 08:18:48 PM
Quote from: One James stannard on August 20, 2018, 06:06:07 PM
Why anybody would pay for Budweiser is beyond me  :dft004:

+1

+ 2 you may as well drink your own urine

+1,000

It's not even proper Czech Budweiser, anyway. That actually tastes ok.
Non sumus statione ferriviaria

Andy S

There is a lot of beer that is watered down. They used to leave it to the land lords in the pubs where some used to over do it but now the brewery do it as a matter of course before it ever gets to the punter.

Woolly Mammoth

Best to stick to Rocket Fuel.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

Take Me Home MAF

Ironically I was in Russia following England at the World Cup, which was the polar opposite.

For somewhere you think it would be a massive rip-off to fans, its was actually incredibly reasonably priced. I imagine mainly to make it affordable for all fans.

Budweiser 440ml can in Fan Parks and Stadiums (depending on the location, Moscow was most expensive): £2-£3

There was also a local lager which was a tiny bit cheaper.

The food was also incredibly reasonable, and you would not pay more than £4 for a decent bit to eat.

bobbo

Constant moans on here re food.
Why don't you who moan take your own food it couldn't be easier and even if you don't, it's only a couple of hours in your life wait till after the matches.
1975 just leaving home full of hope

Rhys Lightning 63

Quote from: MayoDomo on August 21, 2018, 12:11:15 AM
You guys should come to baseball and football games in America. It's a little worse than what you've described. And the food is shite.

Go to Petco Park in San Diego, best ballpark food I've ever had
@MattRhys63 - be warned, there will be a lot of nonsense

Andy S

Boho you are totally missing the point. I doubt anyone buys food at a football ground on a regular basis. But if and when we do we do not want to feel we have  been done over. Also you obviously haven't had kids or if you have you were or are very mean or tight fisted. Kids need feeding and a toilet like now! Or it can kick off big time.

MJG

You guys should come to baseball and football games in America. It's a little worse than what you've described. And the food is shite.
I just cant agree with that. The variety you get at those games is far beyond anything you see at a British stadium.
Just the views of a long term fan

MJG

Quote from: bobbo on August 21, 2018, 12:26:40 PM

not only food....drink, toilets, queues, half and half scarves, cost of shirts, cost or content of programe, flags, clappers, person sat behind you still missing Matt Smith, matchday ticket prices, season ticket prices, the size of the screens, those who cant see the screens, the ball boys and how rubbish they are, a player who doesnt wave at end of the game, those sit, those who stand, those who sing, those who dont, games at 3pm and games that are not, websites, buying tickets, selling tickets, members, non members, the EFL, The PL, UEFA, FIFA, Refs, linesmen.

Have I missed anything?
Just the views of a long term fan

Woolly Mammoth

Wait until you sample my wife's cooking. I know when my meals are ready, as soon as the Smoke Alarm activates. 

Never forget your Roots.

Neil D

Quote from: MJG on August 21, 2018, 01:47:27 PM

not only food....drink, toilets, queues, half and half scarves, cost of shirts, cost or content of programe, flags, clappers, person sat behind you still missing Matt Smith, matchday ticket prices, season ticket prices, the size of the screens, those who cant see the screens, the ball boys and how rubbish they are, a player who doesnt wave at end of the game, those sit, those who stand, those who sing, those who dont, games at 3pm and games that are not, websites, buying tickets, selling tickets, members, non members, the EFL, The PL, UEFA, FIFA, Refs, linesmen.

Have I missed anything?
Clappers; loss of the Putney End and Riverside terraces; the Abdication Crisis...

Woolly Mammoth

Have I missed anything?

Yes,  the half time announcer and that dreadful loudspeaker.

Never forget your Roots.

King_Crud

I went to a hockey game in Chicago, there was some decent beer there

One James stannard

Quote from: Woolly Mammoth on August 21, 2018, 01:53:45 PM
Wait until you sample my wife's cooking. I know when my meals are ready, as soon as the Smoke Alarm activates. 

That poor woman deserves a medal!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

bobbo

Quote from: Andy S on August 21, 2018, 01:16:02 PM
Boho you are totally missing the point. I doubt anyone buys food at a football ground on a regular basis. But if and when we do we do not want to feel we have  been done over. Also you obviously haven't had kids or if you have you were or are very mean or tight fisted. Kids need feeding and a toilet like now! Or it can kick off big time.
andy you couldn't be more wrong got a great grandchild
1975 just leaving home full of hope

Woolly Mammoth

Quote from: One James stannard on August 21, 2018, 04:28:39 PM
Quote from: Woolly Mammoth on August 21, 2018, 01:53:45 PM
S
That poor woman deserves a medal!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

She says she agrees with you 100%.

Never forget your Roots.

Twig

Have I missed anything?

Haha, brilliant. But you may have started something Mike because, since you mentioned it, i want to have a moan about..........

ron

Have I missed anything?

Reinstatement of the death penalty would sort out most of these issues. That Sidney Silverman ruined many an afternoon out watching football....

snarks

Have I missed anything?

Who sits in front of the bloke still missing Matt Smith? I used to sit in front of one, but moved as he couldn't bear anyone standing up ever, and use to moan at everyone to sit down, even when Fulham scored.

Odd really, he never sat down until kick off, and would leave early every game.