Main Menu

Steve Sidwell Retires

Started by SWSixer, August 23, 2018, 06:50:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SWSixer

SWSixer

Why is Ginge_r being modified to Special one?!!  :005:

Burt

"Former Reading and Chelsea midfielder Sidwell, who helped Brighton to promotion in 2016/17..."

We don't even get an honorable mention!

bog

I always rated him. He was one who did not want to leave the club and came back a few times to watch us. Scored some good goals in the season we went down in such style, a rocket at Selhurst Park in the same game as Kasami's and one at Old Trafford are two that come to mind.   

092.gif

Vinnieffc

Good  honest pro and decent player.

fulhamexmouth

There really was something about him. My lasting memory is him being sent off for a straight red challenge, serving a 3 match ban and then being sent off about 10 minutes into his next game! I remember at the time being really angry at the lack of discipline but then seeing his smiley special one face and just laughing, like it was impossible to stay annoyed at him! Also, his screamer against Palace A's has already been mentioned. I remember watching that in a tiny little pub in a place called Wallingford whilst I was on tour and just getting goosebumps at the whole performance!

filham

Quote from: fulhamexmouth on August 23, 2018, 09:39:48 AM
There really was something about him. My lasting memory is him being sent off for a straight red challenge, serving a 3 match ban and then being sent off about 10 minutes into his next game! I remember at the time being really angry at the lack of discipline but then seeing his smiley special one face and just laughing, like it was impossible to stay annoyed at him! Also, his screamer against Palace A's has already been mentioned. I remember watching that in a tiny little pub in a place called Wallingford whilst I was on tour and just getting goosebumps at the whole performance!

Yes.I too remember those back to back reds which rather let us down. He is not a Fulham legend or even a great player but he did work hard and must be credited with loyalty

Russianrob

Sid was one of our relegation team players under the horrible management of the dreadful Felix.Did any of the Fulham players at that time deserve any credit?Presonally I would say no,not even Parker.Who was our best player during this period?

hongkongfulham

Was always a fan. First saw him play in Hong Kong for the soccer sixes hled out there with Arsenal when i was a wee fella.

Best of luck to the lad in his next endeavor

Lighthouse

He was I guess one of the last true Brit Professionals. Always gave his all, always played as if he loved the game and never gave less than he could. I thank him for memories when he was with Fulham. Good luck to him.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

Twig

Nice to see most on here recognising his qualities and wishing him well.  He was a decent professional who always put in an honest shift. 

Jims Dentist

Quote from: Lighthouse on August 23, 2018, 02:16:45 PM
He was I guess one of the last true Brit Professionals. Always gave his all, always played as if he loved the game and never gave less than he could. I thank him for memories when he was with Fulham. Good luck to him.
Agree.

Woolly Mammoth

He was a players player a typical English battler a throw back to the days when you gave no quarter and expected none in return, who always punched his weight, who played with his heart on his sleeve, that all teams need especially when your having a hard time.
I felt he always gave 100% commitment for Fulham.
I wish him well.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

Steeeeeeeeeed

cmg

Quote from: Vinnieffc on August 23, 2018, 08:34:31 AM
Good  honest pro and decent player.

0001.jpeg

Popular with his teammates and always spoke affectionately of us after he left.

hovewhite

A 100% proffesional so good luck Sid's.