https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Our best CB pairing?

Started by fulhamexmouth, August 24, 2018, 01:25:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

General

Quote from: S.F.Sorrow on August 25, 2018, 09:42:25 AM
Probably Le Marchand and Mawson.

Agree with this, would be my preferred choice but worried history between chambers and mawson may go against MLM.

Riversider

As the weeks pass defence is going to be the least of our problems, scoring enough goals on the other hand ........

Milo

Quote from: Deeping_white on August 25, 2018, 10:44:10 AM
Quote from: Milo on August 25, 2018, 09:29:21 AM
Ream without a doubt - Celta Vigo game he was faultless when MLM struggled out of position. So that suggests we either train MLM hard at RCB during training and play him alongside Ream .. or we choose the natural RCB Mawson when he comes in. I think it'll be Ream and Mawson and MLM and Chambers will be their respective reserves.

So you're judging them based on one game where one player was playing in his preferred position and the other not not, and concluding that one is better that way? MLM hasn't put a foot wrong in the two games that matter, against a very good spurs team he was everywhere and Kane didn't get a sniff until he realised he should probably spend more time closer to Chambers.

Well I am judging the Ream v MLM debate on Reams player of the season and then a faultless pre season display. Of course, with more game time for MLM and a dip in form for Ream then things would change but currently I would say it's more inappropriate to judge MLM better than Ream based on two games.

The question then becomes who is RCB, and I was only trying to remind everyone that MLM looked less comfortable playing out of position on that right side against Celta. So I suggested that unless he gets more training behind the scenes in that position then a more natural RCB would be a good idea. Obviously as it turns out Mawson is in the same boat as MLM in terms of converting from the left so it'll be a battle between them for that spot and who can adjust quicker. But then again, that's judging Chambers based on a few games too..

So in answer to your question, can we judge a player off one game? Well... we have to go off what little we have as we didn't get a full pre season with our new faces...

Milo

Ps - as Mawson is the marquee signing, one would expect him to out-perform MLM for that RCB but agreed nothing is concrete in football.

General

Quote from: Milo on August 25, 2018, 12:31:42 PM
Ps - as Mawson is the marquee signing, one would expect him to out-perform MLM for that RCB but agreed nothing is concrete in football.

MLM has been playing and is by position a LCB. They're not in direct competition with one another.

Statto

Quote from: Deeping_white on August 25, 2018, 10:44:10 AM
Ream without a doubt - Celta Vigo game he was faultless when MLM struggled out of position. So that suggests we either train MLM hard at RCB during training and play him alongside Ream .. or we choose the natural RCB Mawson when he comes in. I think it'll be Ream and Mawson and MLM and Chambers will be their respective reserves.

So you're judging them based on one game where one player was playing in his preferred position and the other not not, and concluding that one is better that way? MLM hasn't put a foot wrong in the two games that matter, against a very good spurs team he was everywhere and Kane didn't get a sniff until he realised he should probably spend more time closer to Chambers.

+1

grandad

I would start with Mawson & Ream & if required play 3 at the back with MLM introduced.
Where there's a will there's a wife

Brightster#2

Mawson and ream surely?   

Classic94

Mawson and Ream. MLM pushing hard for the LCB spot though.

Milo

Quote from: General on August 25, 2018, 12:41:53 PM
Quote from: Milo on August 25, 2018, 12:31:42 PM

MLM has been playing and is by position a LCB. They're not in direct competition with one another.

They are if Ream is at LCB (which is what I would go for!).

SuffolkWhite

Only thought I have is Ream and Mawson will need to bed in after in after injury. It wil take some games for Joka to suss the pairing. For somreason I think 5/6 games. I know that could mean bottom 3 but once sussed out we will be better. I hope. COYW
Guy goes into the doctor's.
"Doc, I've got a cricket ball stuck up my backside
"How's that?"
"Don't you start"

General

What's MLM done wrong since starting? Reams old...

FulhamKC

Quote from: General on August 25, 2018, 04:44:40 PM

What has Ream done wrong since the start of last season?

fulhamben

Quote from: FulhamKC on August 25, 2018, 04:59:56 PM

it's not always about doing something wrong, sometimes a player gets a chance and takes it with both hands. MLM has been fantastic for us so far (imo) and it would be very harsh to drop him at the moment just because ream might be fit
CHRIS MARTIN IS SO BAD,  WE NOW PRAISE HIM FOR MAKING A RUN.

Statto

Quote from: fulhamben on August 25, 2018, 05:24:48 PM

it's not always about doing something wrong, sometimes a player gets a chance and takes it with both hands. MLM has been fantastic for us so far (imo) and it would be very harsh to drop him at the moment just because ream might be fit

Exactly

Ream has done the same thing "wrong" that Kalas did last season.

Facts Not Fiction

Have you seen the 2 faultless performances from MLM so far this season?

Facts Not Fiction

Got injured, his place has been taken by a very good MLM.

Take last season, Odoi came in for cover, then made the spot his own.

Woolly Mammoth

MLM got the opportunity and took it when Ream got injured, that is why we have a squad of players.
So the general rule is, that possession is nine tenths, and MLM is the players who is in possession of the jersey. Because he has played well enough.
So you cannot therefore say to him, thank you for playing well whilst Ream has been injured.
But we are going to put you back in the cupboard, and if Ream gets injured again, we will open the cupboard and bring you back out.
It does not work like that, and cannot work like that, and should not work like that.
Ream is a decent player, and has been one of the most consistent, but MLM has done well enough to keep his place.
You will not get the best out of players by ignoring how well they play, because someone else is match fit again.
It's called competition for places, without it, we would not get very far.
Unless you happened to be a really key player in a key position whereupon you are a level above everyone else.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

hovewhite

Ream will understand he Wiil have to wait to get back in till a drop in form by MLM .

colinwhite

difficult to call this as there are alot of factors in play. Believe however we have signed Mawson for his leadership qualities as well as his willingness to attack the ball. Think he will play ,if and when fit ,so the real question for me is whis going to partner him ? Ream ,when fit would be the one if he can replicate last years form in the premiership.