watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

My thoughts

Started by bornafulhamfan, August 26, 2018, 07:45:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bornafulhamfan

Betts - didn't look that confident, and although many will disagree I think Fabri is a better keeper, and Rico maybe even better than both of them. Betts wasn't challenged at all and could have done a better job in both situations imo(although that was an offside)

Fosu-Mensah - Caused some serious trouble to their defense, was solid in defense, would keep him there.

Odoi - Pretty poor performance imo, too short and not strong enough for cb, can maybe be third choice at rb/lb positions.

MLM - Apart from the mistake for the first goal, thought he was superb, looked solid at lb too. Some of his tackles were immense.

Bryan - Had some good moments, but was practically invisible on the pitch for most of the match.

Kmac - Ok performance, still think that Zambo is a better option, as Kmac looks pretty slow.

Cairney - He doesn't have ball in his feet as much time as he had it in the Championship, but I'm fine with that as Seri is very good. Had a good game imo, hope his injury isn't serious as he would be badly missed.

Seri - was immense for most of the game, our main creator, leader, always dictating the tempo of the game. Really nice goal too.

Vietto - Was great and I wouldn't drop him for Sess. I think it will be really tough for Sess to get back to the starting eleven if Vietto continues to perform like this. I said many times in other threads I would like to see him as a winger and I believe I was right. He was handful, super fas, great dribbling, slick passing, could work on his finishing a bit but was great all in all.

Schuerrle - Great all-around performance. Tried a lot, did a lot. For me the second best player on the pitch after Mitro.

Mitro - 🔥🔥🔥. He did everything he should do, scored goal, created chances, good in defense too. He is tied with Aguero, Richarlison, Mane and Pereyra for the first place in the top scorers list. Think he can score 15+ goals this season.

Andy S

You are right I don't agree. Everyone did their bit and a very good team game

hovewhite

Mitro on fire 15 goals easy this season.

Statto

roughly agree with all of that

0001.jpeg

Twig

I've read several comments that Betts was no better than Fabri.  Before we judge too harshly let's just remember that Fabri had a run of 5 games (3 pre season I think plus 2 competitive games). This was Betts first since last season.  I would suggest give him s couple more then draw comparisons.  As to Rico, who knows? Will be interesting to find out.

Riversider

Schurrle has taken Sessegnon's place unless you are suggesting that Sess should be playing wide right.

bornafulhamfan

Quote from: Riversider on August 26, 2018, 08:45:06 PM
Schurrle has taken Sessegnon's place unless you are suggesting that Sess should be playing wide right.
No, just our projected lineup was Schuerrle on the right(where he played for Chelsea) and Sessegnon on the left. Now I think Vietto will put Sess out of the starting eleven, moving Schuerrle to the left and Vietto to the right.

BigbadBillyMcKinley

Were you actually watching the same game as me? Schurrle was poor for the first 20-30 minutes. Running around, not knowing what he was supposed to be doing. Towards the end of the first half, and from the first minute of the second, he was like a different player. Cairney had a poor game IMO, invisible for most of it, barring the assist for the header. The injury might make it easier to drop him. Bryan was decent, not great, but did the job he was supposed to. Mitro was a thorn in their side from the off, but after their second which was off side, he lost his head. Could have easily been sent off for the kick in the face and then the cheeky elbow towards the end of the first half. Fair play that he didn't though, but he should have been taken off after about 75-80 minutes because he didn't have anything left in the tank. We could have possibly got another goal if AK had been bought on.
I agree on the Betts part, after their second, it looked like his head dropped a bit, but did what he was supposed to do. First game for him in the Prem though, so first game nerves perhaps. I was glad he was given the chance, he deserved it.
Seri was class. What we need. Does things simply but well. Once all five foot of him gets used to the league more, he'll really come into his own.
I was actually a bit concerned when I saw Vienetta starting, I wasn't sure. But he worked well off of Mitro and made lots of runs into the box.
Would have been nice to see more of Sess, but a rest will be good for him. I was very impressed with Le Merchand, he's like another Ream. Sure footed and reads the game well. Fonsu-Mensah is a monster. I really hope he stays beyond this season. Easily Premiership quality and united loss is definitely our gain.
Everything is difficult before it's easy!

alfie

Quote from: BigbadBillyMcKinley on August 26, 2018, 09:09:36 PM
Were you actually watching the same game as me? Schurrle was poor for the first 20-30 minutes. Running around, not knowing what he was supposed to be doing. Towards the end of the first half, and from the first minute of the second, he was like a different player. Cairney had a poor game IMO, invisible for most of it, barring the assist for the header. The injury might make it easier to drop him. Bryan was decent, not great, but did the job he was supposed to. Mitro was a thorn in their side from the off, but after their second which was off side, he lost his head. Could have easily been sent off for the kick in the face and then the cheeky elbow towards the end of the first half. Fair play that he didn't though, but he should have been taken off after about 75-80 minutes because he didn't have anything left in the tank. We could have possibly got another goal if AK had been bought on.
I agree on the Betts part, after their second, it looked like his head dropped a bit, but did what he was supposed to do. First game for him in the Prem though, so first game nerves perhaps. I was glad he was given the chance, he deserved it.
Seri was class. What we need. Does things simply but well. Once all five foot of him gets used to the league more, he'll really come into his own.
I was actually a bit concerned when I saw Vienetta starting, I wasn't sure. But he worked well off of Mitro and made lots of runs into the box.
Would have been nice to see more of Sess, but a rest will be good for him. I was very impressed with Le Merchand, he's like another Ream. Sure footed and reads the game well. Fonsu-Mensah is a monster. I really hope he stays beyond this season. Easily Premiership quality and united loss is definitely our gain.
Got to disagree about Schurrle, it was very obvious he was told to be everywhere, he caused Burnley all sorts of problems because no one knew who supposed to pick him up, I thought he was immense.
Story of my life
"I was looking back to see if she was looking back to see if i was looking back at her"
Sadly she wasn't

New Kid on the Block

What did Odoi do wrong?

Whitesideup

Quote from: New Kid on the Block on August 27, 2018, 07:36:23 AM
What did Odoi do wrong?
I thought he had a good game. Really tough side to defend against in the air, and generally he did well - when he was beaten, he was doing enough to make the header that much more difficult for the opponent to control or place. There was one great example of this in the second half when they headed over the bar. A free header and you would have expected a goal. He looked solid on the ball, part of the team, playing it out sensibly, not getting caught out, and not putting the recipient of the ball under too much pressure.

Whitesideup

P.S. - do not blame Odoi for the goal either. He did well to close the player down, and I just thought the rebound was unlucky .. just fell perfectly for Burnley.

grandad

Can we all watch the same game as there are a few who seemed to be watching a different one to the majority. Personally I will watch the whole 90 mins before making comments on individual players.
Where there's a will there's a wife

Whitesideup

Quote from: grandad on August 27, 2018, 08:44:33 AM
Can we all watch the same game as there are a few who seemed to be watching a different one to the majority. Personally I will watch the whole 90 mins before making comments on individual players.
Feel free to offer an alternative view, (when you are able to do so) but I was at the game, and I try to find the positives in our performances.  The nature of football means that we will never all agree and we will have different impressions of games, players, and referees' decisions, even if we all support the same club.

So if I (and perhaps New Kid on the Block)  am offering a different view, so be it. I hope I have offered a considered and fair view of my impression of Odoi's performance.

MrFFC

Vietto was very impressive shows we have another quality option in the side. Sessegnon will still start most games. Joka loves him says we are lucky to have him rotation is key & he will be back in the team very soon no doubt.
Happy to see Bettinelli back in goal.
Seri Schurrle Mitrovic unbelievable yesterday.
Great performance from the team
Come on you Whites!! :)

KJS

Great all round performance still gelling once Mawson comes in the defence will improve Shurle was immense as was Mitro COYW

Berserker

I was more than happy with our forwards midfield but still think our defence is poor. As a Burnley fan tweeted during the match, both sides have decided not to defend today.

Not sure about Betts yet, need more game time to make a decision. Like to see Rico at some time to compare to other gosalkeepers

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk

Twitter: @hollyberry6699

'Only in the darkness can you see the stars'

- Martin Luther King Jr.

MikeW

Keeper views: Going to be very difficult to judge objectively until we see our friend Rico.  Maybe he gets a go against Exeter?
"If you're sat in row Z and the ball hits your head, that's ........."

Nightwind15

A win is a win, enjoy it.
I played in the first match I ever saw!

RoyTund

Quote from: alfie on August 26, 2018, 09:32:45 PM
Quote from: BigbadBillyMcKinley on August 26, 2018, 09:09:36 PM
Got to disagree about Schurrle, it was very obvious he was told to be everywhere, he caused Burnley all sorts of problems because no one knew who supposed to pick him up, I thought he was immense.

Schurrle: even for the first goal look at his run to make space. Worked perfectly yesterday.  Still think, against teams who will have more of the ball, we will choose kamara for speed on the break. But isn't it nice to have competition even for players with the quality of Schurrle.