more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

The brilliance of Schurrle's goal

Started by rogerpbackinMidEastUS, August 26, 2018, 09:58:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rogerpbackinMidEastUS

Watching on NBC Gold.
When he shaped to shoot I would think that most of us assumed he was going to aim for the far corner.
But no, he checked and went for the 'unguarded' near post, catching the defence by surprise.
Brilliant speed of thought and adaptability.
Also, almost every one of his shots were on target.

He had fantastic game and as omeone said on here "He's now fit"
VERY DAFT AND A LOT DAFTER THAN I SEEM, SOMETIMES

NogoodBoyo

Quote from: rogerpinvirginia on August 26, 2018, 09:58:56 PM
Watching on NBC Gold.
When he shaped to shoot I would think that most of us assumed he was going to aim for the far corner.
But no, he checked and went for the 'unguarded' near post, catching the defence by surprise.

I thought the same of his goal, especially as he'd already hit the bar and narrowly missed with a couple of right to left curlers.
Nogood "surprising indeed, see" Boyo

KingofCheese

I really hope he has a brilliant season for us. Chelsea fans I know were gutted that he left them and thought he was a quality player. Hasn't really done brilliantly back in Germany but hopefully the beautiful sunny weather of the EPL suits him better!
Jullie Kaas is mijn Kaas

Bassey the warrior

Yeah thought the same, really intelligent finish. Thought he was superb today, a classy performance.

Southcoastffc

Very good performance from a talented intelligent footballer but, whether because he worked so hard or is NOT yet fit, he was knackered by the 75th minute. About 3 of his efforts on goal were those of a very tired man.
The world is made up of electrons, protons, neurons, possibly muons and, definitely, morons.

Tabby

Quote from: Southcoastffc on August 26, 2018, 10:13:27 PM
Very good performance from a talented intelligent footballer but, whether because he worked so hard or is NOT yet fit, he was knackered by the 75th minute. About 3 of his efforts on goal were those of a very tired man.

Nice to have him get his goal for his confidence. He had more shots on target by himself than most Premier League teams.

SWSixer

Twig

Roger, i'm not being sarcastic or having a pop but could you please amend the title to get our player's name right?

DevonFFC

Commentary said it was a 1yr loan, I though I read 2 years?

rogerpbackinMidEastUS

Quote from: Twig on August 27, 2018, 07:06:51 AM
Roger, i'm not being sarcastic or having a pop but could you please amend the title to get our player's name right?

Yep, you're right
Now changed.
That's a hard one to type
Cheers

rogerpbackinMidEastUS

WindyCity

Quote from: rogerpinvirginia on August 26, 2018, 09:58:56 PM
Watching on NBC Gold.

Agreed.  Terrific finish.  I was still nervous about the games' outcome at that point, and couldn't be happier when he finished on that opportunity.

cmg

Quote from: DevonFFC on August 27, 2018, 11:06:37 AM
Commentary said it was a 1yr loan, I though I read 2 years?

Yes. Club website confirms that.

Burt

It was a great goal. Time seemed to stand still, he was very deliberate in pausing, making the space, and then BANG. Get in.