watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Vietto

Started by RoyTund, August 27, 2018, 01:10:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RoyTund

Good to hear people's thoughts on him? Premier league level Piazon / Fonte? Linked up play well, lots of technical ability.

hovewhite

He's quality I think he's a striker but as a wide player he seems effective with a wicked delivery into the box and sess has got to fight for his place in the side.

bornafulhamfan

Many Atletico Madrid fans told me that he is probably Simeones favorite players.

Whitesideup

On a different thread someone said they thought he had a good game, but needs to sharpen up his finishing. It's a view I would endorse. He was busy, actively getting into good positions, offering players options.  Good work ethic. He looked sharp without say the lightning speed of a Lennon. Premiership level? I thought so, and maybe he just didn't have his shooting boots on yesterday. If he finds them, he could be very useful.

HV71

Made some good runs, showed good technical ability and delivered several intelligent passes and good crosses. He looked sturdier than both Piazon and Fonte and was quicker. An upgrade as far as I was concerned.

bornafulhamfan

He has a huge engine packed in him, he ran for almost full 95 mimutes.

RoyTund

Promising, and gives us yet another option in the '3' up front.

One James stannard

Quote from: bornafulhamfan on August 27, 2018, 01:21:16 PM
He has a huge engine packed in him, he ran for almost full 95 mimutes.

Totally agree, the young lad never stopped running all game. He's bound to make a few mistakes during the game but never stopped trying to make things happen.
Great cross for mitros goal. Great player, like the look of him so far

SP

Really impressed with him so far, hopefully plenty more to come from him.  His appearance reminds me of Kacaniklic, fortunately, he doesn't play like him.

Neil D

Very impressed with him.  He promises to be what Fonte should have been - great link-up play and lay-offs, deft first touch, quick, crosses well, perfect foil to Mitro.

cmg

Classy looking payer who fitted in well with our system yesterday.

For a player apparently held in such high regard at Atletico he didn't get much playing time.

Transfermarkt, which isn't always accurate in such matters, shows us having an option to buy.

Tabby

Quote from: cmg on August 27, 2018, 03:10:48 PM

Transfermarkt, which isn't always accurate in such matters, shows us having an option to buy.

The Atletico Madrid statement when he left said there was an option to buy in the deal. I don't see why they'd lie about it, so I take it as fact.

http://en.atleticodemadrid.com/noticias/luciano-vietto-to-join-fulham-on-loan

bornafulhamfan

Classy looking payer who fitted in well with our system yesterday.

For a player apparently held in such high regard at Atletico he didn't get much playing time.

I don't think many players would get much game time at Atletico. They have : Lemar, Vitolo, Gelson, Correa, Griezmann, Diego Costa and Nikola Kalinic. It is pretty hard to get game time at any attacking position.

bornafulhamfan

Quote from: Tabby on August 27, 2018, 03:13:09 PM

The Atletico Madrid statement when he left said there was an option to buy in the deal. I don't see why they'd lie about it, so I take it as fact.

http://en.atleticodemadrid.com/noticias/luciano-vietto-to-join-fulham-on-loan
I've seen somewhere on twitter that we can buy him for £15 mil. Don't know if it is true, but that doesn't sound that unreasonable.

AllyWhite

Nothing like Fonte and Piazon. His presence is felt throughout the game with his energy. Fonte and Piazon disappears in games.

For me if he can continue his performance against Burnley, he will be in my starting 11.

davew

Quote from: Neil D on August 27, 2018, 02:14:47 PM
Very impressed with him.  He promises to be what Fonte should have been - great link-up play and lay-offs, deft first touch, quick, crosses well, perfect foil to Mitro.
Exactly, can't see Fonte getting any game time in the PL, possibly a start in a cup game or 2.
Grandson of a Former Director of FFC (served 1954 - 1968)

RaySmith

The Latin  American football expert on 5 live, raved about him.
I thought he looked another special player, skilful and hard working, a winner.

Our new signings all seem eager to impress and full of enthusiasm.

Slaphead in Qatar

Quote from: RoyTund on August 27, 2018, 01:10:57 PM
Good to hear people's thoughts on him? Premier league level Piazon / Fonte? Linked up play well, lots of technical ability.

despite being loaned out alot, he has a reasonable CV.  He's played quite a few games for various la liga clubs.